British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates vs Glasgow Tigers 13th July.

6 minutes ago, MD said:

I agree but continue to do that and we wont beat anyone like this over 2 legs in the play offs. Fairness doesn't get results. Tonight was about gating not racing, I was getting bored watching on TV but Poole got a 12 point win and the fans looked like they were going home happy. Could we pull back 12 points at home if this was a 2 leg affair. No chance IMO, our track is too fair.

Dear lord, just get my violin out! For Basso too as he definitely couldn't handle being boo'd as he thinks he is speedways golden boy! Shock to the system that was. 

6 hours ago, stevehone said:

Certainly a bit warm in Sturminster Marshall!! 

Great place, especially Baillie House. :t:

Edited by tyretrax

22 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Interesting to read the view points of the track when one particular Poole fan slammed Berwick for the limited amount of passing... Oh the hypocrisy! 

Exactly what goes around comes around.

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Dear lord, just get my violin out! For Basso too as he definitely couldn't handle being boo'd as he thinks he is speedways golden boy! Shock to the system that was. 

We were well beaten by the team that gated better ,If you are happy with  that then fair enough.

But don’t give it the Violin rubbish Basso is a racer as you well know but if the track doesn’t allow that then he is pissin against the wind.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

We were well beaten by the team that gated better ,If you are happy with  that then fair enough.

But don’t give it the Violin rubbish Basso is a racer as you well know but if the track doesn’t allow that then he is pissin against the wind.

Gaters paradise good win for us good crowd just poor speedway .

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Exactly what goes around comes around.

Tonight had passing after the second bend in 8 of the 15 heats. Berwick v Poole had passing in three of the 15 heats. Tonight’s meeting was superior on every conceivable level.

Just now, ray c said:

Poor? We’re you really there? Sorry Ray tonight was the best meeting of the season and the crowd lapped it up. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ray c said:

No complaints better team won poor entertainment though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Apart from when he passed Ben or Zach. Can't remember exactly who it was. And when he gated and won H14 he wasn't exactly fast! If there were more racing lines he probably be in more trouble! However Tom Brennan would have done better with more racing lines available. I'll say that.

Best I have seen Ulle at Poole for a while anyway. Looks like he has picked up some of the Chris Harris gating from Peterborough!

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poor? We’re you really there? Sorry Ray tonight was the best meeting of the season and the crowd lapped it up. 

If that’s the best meeting of your season then that is a sad reflection on what you are being served up.

I make no apologies but that was absolute dross as a spectacle.

• Like 3

After tonight I don’t think we have anything to fear against Glasgow. Drew up there and won comfortably at home by 12.  As long as we avoid Plymouth and Leicester we should make final. Just need to get Zack going.

45 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Gate 4 was a graveyard. Danyon continues his good form as does Ulle but no other positives. Berwick beat Oxford ending the Cheetahs play off hopes and Plymouth fail to take anything from Birmingham. Second place still possible for us. Have we ever won at Poole? 

Birmingham v Plymouth was a Championship Jubilee League meeting not a Championship League meeting. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Apart from when he passed Ben or Zach. Can't remember exactly who it was. And when he gated and won H14 he wasn't exactly fast! If there were more racing lines he probably be in more trouble! However Tom Brennan would have done better with more racing lines available. I'll say that.

Best I have seen Ulle at Poole for a while anyway. Looks like he has picked up some of the Chris Harris gating from Peterborough!

Ostergaard got away with a huge roller. Lawson was well pissed and got straight in the phone. Crowd were shouting at ref throughout heat and afterwards. Ridiculous miss.

• Like 2

After tonight I don’t think we have anything to fear against Glasgow. Drew up there and won comfortably at home by 12.  As long as we avoid Plymouth and Leicester we should make final. Just need to get Zack going.

Needs to go back to 2 imo. 

Highlighting this for future reference write us off at your peril.

• Like 1