British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Crusader

Kent v Oxford Sun 24th July '22

8 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

1st Heat 12:00 hrs Gate open 10:30hrs

Looks a real challenge for Kent. On paper Oxford much stronger . We shall see.

Just seen that Jordan Jenkins is replaced by Luke Crang and Nathan Stoneman by Adam Roynan. That takes 5.94 off their team total and evens things up a bit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

Just seen that Jordan Jenkins is replaced by Luke Crang and Nathan Stoneman by Adam Roynan. That takes 5.94 off their team total and evens things up a bit.

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Jordan Jenkins back in.

Crang for Stoneman is now the only guest for Chargers.

Why was Jenkins missing in the first place?

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Why was Jenkins missing in the first place?

Got the sniffles but tested and they call it Covid

Got to applaud Luke Crang, rode at Berwick last night then goes all the way to Kent for a guest booking for a midday start.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Is there any updates for this? 

There doesn't appear to be. I'm here and will try and post the heat results. I didn't see any appeals for a texter.

Anyway, the ambulance hasn't arrived yet. It's not too far away apparently.

Racing obviously delayed.

Edited by Come on the Skipper
  • Like 1

Luke Crang guesting for Nathan Stoneman, Kent using RR for Sam Woolley.

Heat 1 stopped. Halder lifted coming out of bend 2, think lap 2,  and hit the fence. Halder excluded  but up on his feet and walking back to the pits

Ht 1, Jenkins, Atkins, Bowtell, Halder ( f exc)59.5, 1-5

Ht 2, Butcher, Clouting, Watts, King (exc 2 mins), 61.11-5, 2-10

Ht 3, rerun, Scott, Halder, Hagon, Verge (f exc), 60.9, 2-4, 4-14

Ht 4, King,  Morley, Clouting, Crang, 62.1, 5-1, 9-15

Ht 5, Atkins, Jenkins,Verge, Halder, 61.3, 1-5, 10-20,

Ht 6, Bowtell, Butcher, Crang, King, 60.4, 3-3, 13-23

Ht 7, Morley, Scott, Hagon, Watts, 62.7  3-3, 16-26

Ht 8, Atkins, Verge, Butcher, King (f-exc), awd no time, 2-4, 18-30. Butcher replaced Clouting who was excluded for moving at the start.

Better updates can be found on Twitter

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=71fe2139a887ad501313cd8cce3053c5&subId=2349775&u=http%3A//www.twitter.com/kentkingslive

Just catching up for those not on Twitter 

Ht 9, Verge, Crang, Halder, Clouting, 61.8, 4-2, 22-32

Ht 10, Bowtell, Hagon, Scott, King, 60.3, 3-3, 25-35

Ht 11, Morley, Jenkins, Atkins, Watts, 61.2, 3-3, 28-38

Ht 12, Rerun,  Hagon, Butcher, Verge (exc - not under power), King (f-exc), 63.2, 0-5, 28-43

Ht 13, Bowtell, Morley, Crang, Jenkins (f-exc) Awd no time, 5-1, 33-44

Ht 14, King, Scott, Halder, Clouting, 63.2, 4-2, 37-46

Ht 15, Bowtell, Morley, Jenkins, Atkins, 61.6, 5-1,42-47

Edited by Come on the Skipper
Tidying up my typos
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Come on the Skipper said:

Luke Crang guesting for Nathan Stoneman, Kent using RR for Sam Woolley.

Heat 1 stopped. Halder lifted coming out of bend 2, think lap 2,  and hit the fence. Halder excluded  but up on his feet and walking back to the pits

Ht 1, Jenkins, Atkins, Bowtell, 59.5, 1-5

Ht 2, Butcher, Clouting, Watts, King (exc 2 mins), 61.11-5, 2-10

Shock to see Bowtell losing a 5-1 at home

Thanks for the updates skipper

• Like 1

Some highlights or lowlights depending on who you support:-
Heat 1. The Royals gated but Halder picked up some grip coming out of bend 2 on lap 2, he got it down but clouted the fence and came off. In the rerun the Chargers gated and Bowtell couldn't land a blow.
Heat 2. King's bike seemed to pack up at the tapes and he was excluded for two minutes. He came back out from 15 but his bike packed up again and he left the track, I think he was officially excluded.
Heat 3. Vegre fell trying to go around the outside on bends 1 and 2 on lap 1, excluded. In the rerun Halder gated and led for 2 laps before Scott went under him coming out of bend 2 on lap 3. I do like the look of Scott, he's impressed twice at Iwade.
Heat 4. King gated and Morley didn't really need to do much to protect him.
Heat 5. The Cheetahs gated and were gone!
Heat 8. Clouting moved at the start and was excluded, having been warned in Heat 2. Replaced by Butcher. King fell and got trapped under the fence on bends 1 and 2 and the race was awarded.
Nip and tuck up until heat 12 when disaster struck the Royals. King fell on on bend 1 from the start but remounted, meanwhile Verge slipped up the inside of Hagon but then had engine failure going into lap 2. King was closing on Butcher but not really threatening and he then fell again on the 1st bend and was excluded. Verge was also excluded as he wasn't under power at the time the race was stopped. The two Chargers had a two man rerun.
Heat 13. Bowtell gates with Jenkins in pursuit, Bowtell well clear when Jenkins gets into bother on bend 1 lap 3 and falls. He was excluded and the race was awarded.
Heat 15, Bowtell off 1 and Atkins off 2. They gate together and Bowtell was very hard on Atkins coming out of bend 2, nothing naughty, in my opinion, just hard racing. Atkins dropped to the back. Morley had outgated Jenkins and so the meeting finished with a 5-1 to the Royals.

A lot of these riders are new to me as I've only just started attending meetings again, but for Oxford Scott and Atkins impressed and Arran Butcher went about his business quietly and scored well. For Kent, Bowtell and Morley always impress and Connor King looks like he could be a good team member. They're obviously missing Joe Allcock who was riding well before he got injured.

Given the weather, it was very very dusty, and as hard as the track man tried he couldn't keep the dust down. I heard him saying to another spectator that he'd put 40k litres of water down last night alone!  

• Like 1