British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Oxford vs Plymouth 27/07/22

My son is a professional athlete. He is given a list of banned substances and common medications that contain them. If he needs to take something (even if prescribed) that contains a banned substance he has to request a waiver from the league. If he takes it without an approved waiver, he will get banned. Plymouth’s statement that it was prescribed would not be an acceptable defence in any sport with a serious drug policy.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, alanf2 said:

My son is a professional athlete. He is given a list of banned substances and common medications that contain them. If he needs to take something (even if prescribed) that contains a banned substance he has to request a waiver from the league. If he takes it without an approved waiver, he will get banned. Plymouth’s statement that it was prescribed would not be an acceptable defence in any sport with a serious drug policy.

Two key words there. 

Professional 

Serious 

It's a sport that has historically turned a blind eye to recreational drugs and alcohol excesses. 

How many random drug tests have been taken this season? 

I spoke to a doubling up rider yesterday who hasn't been at a meeting where drug tests have taken place since 2017.

Thats scandalous. 

He has testers show up at the house at very short notice during the off-season. 1st offence is a 6 month ban. 2nd offence is a 12 months ban. 3rd offence is a lifetime ban. He has a waiver for Adderall, which has to be renewed every year.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, alanf2 said:

He has testers show up at the house at very short notice during the off-season. 1st offence is a 6 month ban. 2nd offence is a 12 months ban. 3rd offence is a lifetime ban. He has a waiver for Adderall, which has to be renewed every year.

Alan. 

Thats professional sport doing it as it should be. 

Speedway is light years away from that. 

9 minutes ago, HGould said:

Alan. 

Thats professional sport doing it as it should be. 

Speedway is light years away from that. 

At Oxford on Wednesday, for the first time in my life I decided to just accept the fact that I wasn’t watching a serious sporting contest where the result mattered. I just watched the racing for it’s own sake and actually quite enjoyed it. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, alanf2 said:

At Oxford on Wednesday, for the first time in my life I decided to just accept the fact that I wasn’t watching a serious sporting contest where the result mattered. I just watched the racing for it’s own sake and actually quite enjoyed it. 

That’s the best way to enjoy the sport.Results cannot really be taken seriously.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:30 AM, Mike0310 said:

If that’s true he gets what he deserves  if not what your saying is slanderous I think before I wrote that I would have the full facts first unless you were the one doing the drug test

I told yous !