British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Oxford Vs Poole Jubilee Cup &Return 2nd-3rd August

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2022 at 12:07 PM, lisa-colette said:

Keep it within 6? I know we won there previously this season but was their first home meeting I think. Assuming Jack Thomas is back next week. Also depends who is reserve in August for them.

Oxford's first League opponents was the same as their last league opponents when they were last in the League, Scunthorpe, on 13th April. You were there the following week.

• Thanks 1

Arrived at a sunny Belle Vue........ hope it stays that way.......Storm Bugga due at 9pm!

For those Oxford fans out there & any fans of this former World Finalist......I've just been chatting to the Long Eaton Invaders Legend that is Mr Jan 'Stekkers' Staechmann! :t:

I'd nipped inside the NSS & stood on the 4th bend observing the water truck doing it's watering business, looked behind me & there Jan was :)

Keeping as trim as ever I'm sure he'd still be in the mix even at 56. Oh, and his Simon Wigg teeth are as white as ever! :D

Top racer, Station Road Legend :t:

They may av taken our stadium but they'll never take our memories.

Always an Invader.  An Adopted Pirate

Turnip :t:

Edited by Turnip

No surprises with the line-ups tonight. Nice to see two teams at full strength with all that's going on at the moment.

Oxford

1. Scott Nicholls
  2. Paul Starke
  3. Jack Thomas
  4. Aaron Summers
  5. Troy Batchelor
  6. Cameron Heeps
  7. Dillon Ruml

Poole

1. Steve Worrall
  2. Drew Kemp
  3. Danny King
  4. Ben Cook
  5. Richard Lawson
  6. Zach Cook
  7. Nathan Ablitt
Edited by baiden

19 hours ago, Turnip said:

Arrived at a sunny Belle Vue........ hope it stays that way.......Storm Bugga due at 9pm!

For those Oxford fans out there & any fans of this former World Finalist......I've just been chatting to the Long Eaton Invaders Legend that is Mr Jan 'Stekkers' Staechmann! :t:

I'd nipped inside the NSS & stood on the 4th bend observing the water truck doing it's watering business, looked behind me & there Jan was :)

Keeping as trim as ever I'm sure he'd still be in the mix even at 56. Oh, and his Simon Wigg teeth are as white as ever! :D

Top racer, Station Road Legend :t:

They may av taken our stadium but they'll never take our memories.

Always an Invader.  An Adopted Pirate

Turnip :t:

He was a class act at Oxford...riding "rear gunner" with Todd Wiltshire in particular.

• Like 1

Hot Chocolate classic rings out at Oxford, "Pirates win again, Pirates win again" :D :party:

Edited by Turnip

Two full teams with no guests or R/R, huzzah! 

• Like 1

BBC South Today giving a decent preview of both meetings this evening!! 

They are usually pretty good at giving meeting reports but a mention, with video footage, before the meetings is a step in the right direction.

I thinking of going to the return meeting at Poole tomorrow - can you pay at the gate ? Any advice on what to time to get there and where to park away from the stadium ?  Thanks Dan 

46 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

I thinking of going to the return meeting at Poole tomorrow - can you pay at the gate ? Any advice on what to time to get there and where to park away from the stadium ?  Thanks Dan 

Pay at the gate. There are 2 entrances, one on the back straight (glass fronted grandstand) & home straight (open grandstand). Either gives u access to all areas.

I get there bout 605 as queue is usually long by 630.

Why park away from the stadium? Plenty of parking spaces in the big car park at the stadium for a small charge.

I don't know where u can park away from the stadium as I don't drive & don't live in Poole.

Hope this information helps.

Welcome to WINborne Road ahead of ur visit :t:

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Pay at the gate. There are 2 entrances, one on the back straight (glass fronted grandstand) & home straight (open grandstand). Either gives u access to all areas.

I get there bout 605 as queue is usually long by 630.

Why park away from the stadium? Plenty of parking spaces in the big car park at the stadium for a small charge.

I don't know where u can park away from the stadium as I don't drive & don't live in Poole.

Hope this information helps.

Welcome to WINborne Road ahead of ur visit :t:

Thanks pal that’s very helpful. I’ll be a neutral so I’m just looking for a good meeting it’s been 3 years since I’ve been to Poole, I couldn’t get there last year as my lad wasn’t well. I’m looking forward to a good safe meeting for all involved. 

• Like 2

We really need to get Nathan's rides out the way before heat 14 

I wasn't there & didn't watch any stream so all I can say is well done to both Cheetahs & Pirates on the draw. I'm sure those of u that watched the action may mention the if's, but's & maybe's.

PIRATES only one win required from 2 home meetings to guarantee qualification :t:

See you down WINborne Road tomorrow evening :t:

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

#piratepride

Edited by Turnip

2 hours ago, RebelDan said:

I always park in the one of the side streets, no restrictions after 6pm, round the back of the Maternity hospital is the best place, 5 minutes walk to the stadium 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

We really need to get Nathan's rides out the way before heat 14 

Maybe so on paper but we the fans don't know wot conversation(s) happen in the pits between riders & manager. All I know is I trust 100% in Middlo but not so much in Havvy.