British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Oxford Vs Poole Jubilee Cup &Return 2nd-3rd August

3 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I always park in the one of the side streets, no restrictions after 6pm, round the back of the Maternity hospital is the best place, 5 minutes walk to the stadium 

And the missis can give birth without screaming at her fella for causing all the pain! Everyone's a winner! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

24 minutes ago, Turnip said:

I wasn't there & didn't watch any stream so all I can say is well done to both Cheetahs & Pirates on the draw. I'm sure those of u that watched the action may mention the if's, but's & maybe's.

PIRATES only one win required from 2 home meetings to guarantee qualification :t:

See you down WINborne Road tomorrow evening :t:

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

#piratepride

There wasn't a stream anyway!

Well done to Danny King in H15 from saving us from defeat! :t:

Not sure what is up with H1's atm. At Edinburgh 4 crash on first bend. Tonight was 3 with Kemp the only one who didn't. At least no injuries from it. 

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

There wasn't a stream anyway!

Well done to Danny King in H15 from saving us from defeat! :t:

Not sure what is up with H1's atm. At Edinburgh 4 crash on first bend. Tonight was 3 with Kemp the only one who didn't. At least no injuries from it. 

As the tune goes......Bow down to the King ! :D

My first live meeting for 4 years and it was pretty decent to be fair.

2 full strength teams, close score throughout and some decent racing at times.

And to top it all  neither Poole nor O*ford won lol.

What's not to like?

• Haha 1

Just got back. Really a good meeting in front of a very good crowd. Far more there than I expected but that’s the pulling power of the Pirates, who had a good hundred plus fans on the third bend making lots of noise.

The meeting was close throughout but I noticed gates 1and 3 have a big, big advantage just like the meeting I attended early this season.

Poole were the better of the two teams but Oxford struck back with a couple of unlikely 5-1’s at the wrong time. Heat 13 Steve Worrall popped out again off two to brilliantly hold off Batchelor, and in heat 14 Ben Cook held of the two Oxford riders climbing all over him.

Heat 15 and with Oxford off 1 and 3, Summers gated and was joined by Batchelor. They thought it all over but Danny King had other ideas. He cranked it wide open around the outside for two laps before getting Batchelor up the inside of the back straight of lap for and holding onto second by half a bike. Worrall almost got through as well.

All the crowd left happy. Good meeting, big crowd, balmy weather. What’s not to like?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back. Really a good meeting in front of a very good crowd. Far more there than I expected but that’s the pulling power of the Pirates, who had a good hundred plus fans on the third bend making lots of noise.

The meeting was close throughout but I noticed gates 1and 3 have a big, big advantage just like the meeting I attended early this season.

Poole were the better of the two teams but Oxford struck back with a couple of unlikely 5-1’s at the wrong time. Heat 13 Steve Worrall popped out again off two to brilliantly hold off Batchelor, and in heat 14 Ben Cook held of the two Oxford riders climbing all over him.

Heat 15 and with Oxford off 1 and 3, Summers gated and was joined by Batchelor. They thought it all over but Danny King had other ideas. He cranked it wide open around the outside for two laps before getting Batchelor up the inside of the back straight of lap for and holding onto second by half a bike. Worrall almost got through as well.

All the crowd left happy. Good meeting, big crowd, balmy weather. What’s not to like?

Well said Mr Shovlar :t: I missed out on a fantastic evening by the sounds of it.

It's nearly 1am and I'm about to set off from Derbyshire on me bus journey down to Bournemouth where I'm stopping overnight. Arrive Bournemouth about 1030am.

Then get the train over to Pirate Land at about 5pm.

Wots not to like, sorry Steve I nicked ur line ;), when ur traveling to WINborne Road ? :)

See you there :t:

Edited by Turnip

It be 345am & me National Express to London from Nottingham departs & yes I'm on it ! :D

Seen a few things of the night life & the nasty looking critter below was one of them.

It was hanging around at me local bus stop but I haven't a clue which bus it was waiting to 'catch'?! Maybe the 'Fly'er ?! .....oh dear! ;)

It was on the interwebs but me phone cudn't find the wifi it was using! :rolleyes: 

Dunno wot type of spider it is? B)

20220803_013516_2.thumb.JPG.0c615b3f34b5fe98937b45d068c00cd0.JPG

Edited by Turnip

In the table Poole on 13 and Oxford on 10. So a draw will be enough to see us through to the final. 

• Like 1

This liddle Pirate Turnip as landed in Bournemouth, one small step for a Turnip is one giant leap for root vegetables :D

Oh, me patch is a tad damp :rolleyes:

Edited by Turnip

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

In the table Poole on 13 and Oxford on 10. So a draw will be enough to see us through to the final. 

Yep mathematically u r correct, but c'mon Pirates only go for the win :t:

r/r for Thomas who is 5th in Oxford's averages so Starke, Heeps and Ruml can take the r/r rides, unless they have to use a t/s at some stage?!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

r/r for Thomas who is 5th in Oxford's averages so Starke, Heeps and Ruml can take the r/r rides, unless they have to use a t/s at some stage?!

Of course they'll av to use a t/s, NID! :D

For all u Pirates out there.....

C'MON THE PIRATES

BRING IT ON :t:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Turnip said:

For all u Pirates out there.....

C'MON THE PIRATES

BRING IT ON :t:

On parade!!!

39 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

On parade!!!