British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Oxford Vs Poole Jubilee Cup &Return 2nd-3rd August

24 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Well done Poole a question for you guys what’s up with Kemp lately or has this been going on most of the year and to the Oxford fans if Batchelor rides like he normally does you win what was wrong with him tonight but fair play to win any match when 2. Riders score nothing takes some doing.

I wouldn't say it was most of the year. Has had a lot of good meetings. I mean his average has gone from 3.58 to 5.79 this season, that might be July average rather than August though? This is the worst home meeting he has had. Not gating apart from H1 and not on the pace. He was shouting/screaming into his helmet when he went over start/finish line in his last ride. So at least he is annoyed with it. I'd rather that than riders who aren't bothered. 

Cracking meeting tonight played out in front of an excellent crowd. I have been lucky having attended three good meetings in a row and all three had big crowds.

Pirates very slow out of the blocks and Oxford deserved there 8 point lead after heat 5. A T/R pulled back 4 points and the next heat brought it back all square at 21-21. But Oxford were not done and a couple of 2-4’s and drawn heats meant Pirates went into the last 3 heats 4 down with unbeaten Scotty in two of them. But the boys dug deep and a 4-2 in heat 13 closed it to 2 and a thrilling 5-1 in heat 14 meant we needed a 3-3 in the final. King and Lawson did the biz and we escaped what could easily have been a surprise defeat.

Hardly any Oxford fans present. Only up the road but if there were a handful there they were not visible. They missed a great meeting and their team did them proud.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cracking meeting tonight played out in front of an excellent crowd. I have been lucky having attended three good meetings in a row and all three had big crowds.

Pirates very slow out of the blocks and Oxford deserved there 8 point lead after heat 5. A T/R pulled back 4 points and the next heat brought it back all square at 21-21. But Oxford were not done and a couple of 2-4’s and drawn heats meant Pirates went into the last 3 heats 4 down with unbeaten Scotty in two of them. But the boys dug deep and a 4-2 in heat 13 closed it to 2 and a thrilling 5-1 in heat 14 meant we needed a 3-3 in the final. King and Lawson did the biz and we escaped what could easily have been a surprise defeat.

Hardly any Oxford fans present. Only up the road but if there were a handful there they were not visible. They missed a great meeting and their team did them proud.

But did see a couple of Birmingham fans there tonight :t:

The form of Kemp is a worry. Seems to lack any confidence on track and was picked off easily by Ruml in the one time he wasn’t last. Switched bikes but made no difference. Chalk and cheese to how he was earlier this season. Needs to get his issues sorted before the pointy end of the season. We can’t carry two riders.

On another note it looks like the idea of Sheffield for the final is being binned for a three legged final. Clubs want a packed stadium rather than a few hundred at Sheffield, which was meant to be neutral but Howarth rides there! Makes sense.

So we basically did an Edinbugh to Oxford in the last few heats. How do Edinburgh fans deal with it? I think I lost my voice half way through H14 lol. Not sure my heart can take that happening in more than one meeting! 

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Anyone got any inspirational toilet rolls?

Can I thank the person that came forward with the inspirational toilet rolls that I requested.

There was a bit of a mess that needed sorting out & it was all cleaned up just before heat 14!

:D

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The form of Kemp is a worry. Seems to lack any confidence on track and was picked off easily by Ruml in the one time he wasn’t last. Switched bikes but made no difference. Chalk and cheese to how he was earlier this season. Needs to get his issues sorted before the pointy end of the season. We can’t carry two riders.

On another note it looks like the idea of Sheffield for the final is being binned for a three legged final. Clubs want a packed stadium rather than a few hundred at Sheffield, which was meant to be neutral but Howarth rides there! Makes sense.

Not only Howarth, Mountain as well who rides for Leicester and Craig Cook! Is it actually bring binned? Good news if true. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Not only Howarth, Mountain as well who rides for Leicester and Craig Cook! Is it actually bring binned? Good news if true. 

I spoke with Danny Ford on Monday at Belle Vue and he said it cud be a 3 leg Final.

Middlo backed that up tonight but did say that's wot the rumour is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

The rumour was about before the meeting and Middlo said afterwards in the press conference it was likely to be switched to a three legged final.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The rumour was about before the meeting and Middlo said afterwards in the press conference it was likely to be switched to a three legged final.

Oh good! Much better idea.

I realise this is nothing to do with this topic but can somebody who's clued up on the rules explain how can Plymouth have a guest every week for Eddie Kennett.Surely they get a dispensation for say a month then you must replace him or is it the lack of options so guest's it is.Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Essex said:

I realise this is nothing to do with this topic but can somebody who's clued up on the rules explain how can Plymouth have a guest every week for Eddie Kennett.Surely they get a dispensation for say a month then you must replace him or is it the lack of options so guest's it is.Thanks.

While Kennett is in Plymouth's declared 1-7 but unfit to ride the facility for a replacement rider remains in place.

12 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

While Kennett is in Plymouth's declared 1-7 but unfit to ride the facility for a replacement rider remains in place.

Middlo brought this up at the press conference tonight and said basically that Plymouth were taking the P. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Too many to count. Grandstand packed. People all around stadium. 

That's the pulling power of the Cheetahs :)

• Like 5

Just back home. A decent meeting without being great, I felt for Oxford, as if the enigma that is Troy Batchelor of heat 9 had turned up in his other rides, Oxford would have coasted it. The other five Oxford riders were all good value. Lawson was excellent for Poole but they were there for the taking tonight. An excellent atmosphere as ever at Wimborne Road.