British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Belle Vue v Ipswich 8 august

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Is he still riding in Poland, Denmark & Sweden?

I would suggest his signing for Ipswich answers that question 

28 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hasn’t Iversen ridden for Lynn this season without dropping one of the three leagues?

Yes but only with his Polish club's permission which of course they later withdrew. 

3 hours ago, DazS said:

he did, scored 4 pts

For who?

Kurtz, Fricke & Tungate all survived their Polish league fixture uninjured.

Well they are listed in the line ups so are riding. 

This is a match. Belle Vue need to make a statement. Ipswich come here looking for a point. And they could get it. 

one things for sure. It’s going to be a great meeting with good weather. School holidays are on. So hoping for a healthy crowd for the club 

• Like 3

How have Summers & Tungate faired at NSS previously?

3 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Well they are listed in the line ups so are riding. 

This is a match. Belle Vue need to make a statement. Ipswich come here looking for a point. And they could get it. 

one things for sure. It’s going to be a great meeting with good weather. School holidays are on. So hoping for a healthy crowd for the club 

Looking for a point!!!!?????

We’re coming looking for a win mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Looking for a point!!!!?????

We’re coming looking for a win mate!

Need batch to be on form for that and tungate to get dialled straight in. But if they do then yeah. You could be looking at that 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Need batch to be on form for that and tungate to get dialled straight in. But if they do then yeah. You could be looking at that 

For sure not expecting a win as such, but 100% our mentality going into to every meeting now is that we can and are trying to win that meeting, home and away.

batch been getting better and better lately, tungate an unknown but went well at nss when he was a home rider, and the track most similar to the continental tracks he’s been riding all year so it’s the best track for him to return to uk speedway at I’d say.

real shame this meeting isn’t being televised

Edited by 89buttons
  • Like 2

Yes, this would have made a good TV meeting, but pleased it isn't as BV will get a good crowd as it is not on the box.

This should be our toughest home meeting, Doyle always goes well, no matter where, and King, Batchelor, and Tungate, on their day will cause problems.

Tungate has had some very good meetings at the NSS, but also has had some shockers when he let BV down.

BV riders will have to watch out for Doyle dive bombing them into the third turn if he has not made the gate. (rare).

Am expecting a great meeting, cannot see a walk over for BV as in recent home meetings.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Can I park near ish stadium,, I didn't bother buying a parking pass 

Yeah. If your there early enough there’s plenty of space in the roads around. Or you can pay for secure parking in the school next door but I think that’s £3. 

54 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Yeah. If your there early enough there’s plenty of space in the roads around. Or you can pay for secure parking in the school next door but I think that’s £3. 

Thanks 

19 hours ago, 89buttons said:

real shame this meeting isn’t being televised

In one way I agree, it should be a great match, the best possible advert for British Speedway.  But I wanna get home before midnight!

13 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Can I park near ish stadium,, I didn't bother buying a parking pass 

Yes loads of urban roads around, even if you can't park on Kirkmanshulme lane head towards Longsight market and there will be somewhere to park.

• Like 1