British Speedway Forum

On 10/11/2022 at 6:32 PM, StevePark said:

I remember Ben riding for Edinburgh.

I remember him riding for Glasgow.

Newcastle Speedway memory night at Newcastle Benfield football club cancelled due to lack of interest. 

36 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Newcastle Speedway memory night at Newcastle Benfield football club cancelled due to lack of interest. 

I am not suprised in the least it was cancelled.

4 minutes ago, soupy said:

I am not suprised in the least it was cancelled.

Why did you think that? I agree there didn’t seem lots of interest or wasn’t really advertised much either.

Edited by Gaz

There doesn’t seem to be any positive news or anything happening at all at the minute unfortunately 

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Why did you think that? I agree there didn’t seem lots of interest or wasn’t really advertised much either.

Well it is my opinion and when you take the supporters with contempt and some peeps have short memories.I know it has nothing to do with the promotion  the event what so ever.

Edited by soupy

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

There doesn’t seem to be any positive news or anything happening at all at the minute unfortunately 

Yes it seems that way and doomed to history,So it will be to Redcar and Workington for me next season.

Lack of interest... It would help if it was advertised somewhere??? I didn't even have a clue it was on and I would like to think I'm pretty active online on the speedway websites... Sums up the death of the club tbh, we were cr@p at advertising things when we existed and we couldn't even advertise our final ever event, wonderful.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Lack of interest... It would help if it was advertised somewhere??? I didn't even have a clue it was on and I would like to think I'm pretty active online on the speedway websites... Sums up the death of the club tbh, we were cr@p at advertising things when we existed and we couldn't even advertise our final ever event, wonderful.

Yes I read an announcement that there was an intention to hold a Get together meeting in November, and was waiting for the date and venue. 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Yes I read an announcement that there was an intention to hold a Get together meeting in November, and was waiting for the date and venue. 

If even you didn't know then god help them, how were they expecting people to find out? Telepathy?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

If even you didn't know then god help them, how were they expecting people to find out? Telepathy?

The only place I saw it was on Facebook.  And they wanted people to let them know if they were interested by PM on Facebook.  So if you aren't on Facebook you probably couldn't attend as a) you didn't know about it and b) you couldn't let them know that you wanted to attend.  Kind of limits the numbers of attendees somewhat.  The thing is (and |'m guessing a bit here) the people who might have been interested in a "Memories Night" are the older fans, most of which don't do social media.  Although, having said that, where else could they advertise the event?  No Diamonds website now and, obviously, no speedway to advertise it at (Raceday Magazine, over the PA etc). 

Was it not organised by the supporters club/thing?

Am not on Facebook but had 2 tickets reserved. 

52 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Was it not organised by the supporters club/thing?

Am not on Facebook but had 2 tickets reserved. 

Yeah, the NSSA.  Where did you see it, if not on Facebook (just out of interest)?

On another sad note and mainly for the older generation of fans.

I would like to mention the sad passing of Jim Rickerby, after a long battle with illness. A fan of the Diamonds from the 70’s onward. Attended his last meeting in 2011 but was always a follower of the Diamonds. 

If anyone can remember travelling on the supporters bus during the Ian Thomas era, Jim was probably driving.  

• Sad 2

If I hadn't joined Facebook, I wouldn't know the Memory Night was taking place and so I'm not a surprised

it has been cancelled.

I doubt if I had attended there would many fans who even remember the Ian Thomas Era there as most

have no computer and therefore not on the Internet.