British Speedway Forum

There was a message sent to members by email and then a message on the Supporters Association Facebook.

I agree the older people or people not on Facebook / or who weren’t members would not of known unless it was in papers or on the forum.

I was hoping there would be some plan of something going forward or hope to cling onto but it doesn’t seem like it.

I assume we'll get hoyed off the Championship page now the season is ending. However It would be good to have somewhere to exchange views... memories are fine but a "memories night" sounded a bit final.

If anyone fancies a couple of beers to talk about how things stand (even if it results in acknowledging the inevitable) I'm sure we can work something out.

41 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I assume we'll get hoyed off the Championship page now the season is ending. However It would be good to have somewhere to exchange views... memories are fine but a "memories night" sounded a bit final.

If anyone fancies a couple of beers to talk about how things stand (even if it results in acknowledging the inevitable) I'm sure we can work something out.

Where do you have in mind? ;)

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

assume we'll get hoyed off the Championship page now the season is ending. However It would be good to have somewhere to exchange views... memories are fine but a "memories night" sounded a bit final.

Keep the faith :)  Workington still appear on championship forum page now and again, hopefully some news soon regarding 2023 UTC  we are still on 1st page just !!

Edited by Neila
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Where do you have in mind? ;)

If South Gosforth Club is convenient (handy for Metro if nothing else) I could ask about using the Concert Room there.

7 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

That's not Granted

They made a pigs ear of that …

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

If South Gosforth Club is convenient (handy for Metro if nothing else) I could ask about using the Concert Room there.

I would attend with a friend TG.

Thought diamonds fans on here maybe interested in a sighting in West Cumbria this afternoon, , a Luton box van with both sides and rear with diamonds speedway rider's on saying Newcastle speedway every Sunday , I know it was an old way of advertising the speedway just strange it's still around and in West Cumbria 

4 minutes ago, Neila said:

Thought diamonds fans on here maybe interested in a sighting in West Cumbria this afternoon, , a Luton box van with both sides and rear with diamonds speedway rider's on saying Newcastle speedway every Sunday , I know it was an old way of advertising the speedway just strange it's still around and in West Cumbria 

Club's now officially been more advertised now it doesn't exist than it did for the whole Grant era and nearly the English era combined, thanks random van man in Cumbria

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't remember seeing the said van at rough park anytime I was over for the speedway 

• Like 1

Just now, Neila said:

Can't remember seeing the said van at rough park anytime I was over for the speedway 

It was probably around the Tyne Bridge area,,, maybe waiting to jump off?

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 8:54 PM, ruffdiamond said:

It was probably around the Tyne Bridge area,,, maybe waiting to jump off?

With you at the wheel lol