British Speedway Forum

I know this will sound crazy but why don't the fans all get together and start a club in the Newcastle area? How much start-up costs would be involved and how many people would be interested? I'd be interested in getting involved even if i was just 1% part owner along with another 99 for example.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I know this will sound crazy but why don't the fans all get together and start a club in the Newcastle area? How much start-up costs would be involved and how many people would be interested? I'd be interested in getting involved even if i was just 1% part owner along with another 99 for example.

This is what needs to happen really it’s just costs for new track etc and how many would contribute etc.

We would need businesses, fans, maybe even ex riders to get involved.

Its finding the track and that could be the problem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

This is what needs to happen really it’s just costs for new track etc and how many would contribute etc.

We would need businesses, fans, maybe even ex riders to get involved.

Its finding the track and that could be the problem.

Or, buy Brough Park!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

This is my opinion and I honestly hope I am proved wrong but there is not a chance of Speedway returning to Newcastle in the next few years Brough park or anywhere else . As for finding 100 people they couldn’t find 20 to go to a memories night. 

RD, I think that if Brough Park did come up for sale, I forecast that the price would far exceed what a group of

Speedway Fans could afford and not forgetting the charges for the daily running of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

RD, I think that if Brough Park did come up for sale, I forecast that the price would far exceed what a group of

Speedway Fans could afford and not forgetting the charges for the daily running of it.

Aye, am inclined to agree with you there, it might need one or two more than 99,,, but someone might win squillions on the lottery? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Is it for sale?

Everything has a price on it.Would say it would go to housing if it was ever sold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, soupy said:

Everything has a price on it.Would say it would go to housing if it was ever sold.

Aye, well we need more houses for folk to live,,, before long they'll be moving into the countryside? ;)

• Haha 1

Did I not hear that bellway housing has first refusal on buying the stadium and car park if it ever comes up for sale 

21 minutes ago, andys said:

Did I not hear that bellway housing has first refusal on buying the stadium and car park if it ever comes up for sale 

Dunno, but maybe the speedway fraternity can get together and 'out bid' they're piddily offer?

Edited by ruffdiamond

If only we had 100 people/businesses or whoever who could contribute say £80 a month over 4 years. That’s 385k.

If guaranteed we could find a track I think some people would including myself.

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If only we had 100 people/businesses or whoever who could contribute say £80 a month over 4 years. That’s 385k.

If guaranteed we could find a track I think some people would including myself.

Get back to planet earth. The only part of your post that is relevant is if only. No offence meant, but that isn't possible.

• Haha 1