British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I’ll be going with a very good weather forecast given that I wasted 2 hours and 3 gallons of diesel driving down on a gloriously sunny Sunday just to be sent home.

It's not so much the weather on the day you've got to look at, it's how much water has the track soaked in over the past few weeks that's got to be worrying... This isn't something that happens overnight so it amazes me that the trackstaff at Redcar didn't foresee this on Sunday... Or did they? It is frustrating as a fan in situations like this, it's almost like our time and money is an afterthought but oh well...

On 3/21/2023 at 2:32 PM, Yearbyred said:

It’s been announced as

S Worrall

C Mountain

J Wright

P Starke

R Worrall

M Clegg

A Bowtell

If the weather clears up of course.

Team Managers announced as George English & Stuart Robson

On 3/21/2023 at 2:32 PM, Yearbyred said:

It’s been announced as

S Worrall

C Mountain

J Wright

P Starke

R Worrall

M Clegg

A Bowtell

If the weather clears up of course.

All former Diamonds except Bowtell right?

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Wrong. Bowtell is a former diamond. 

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

Don't remember that, it's good they've got 7 former Diamonds then

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

37 minutes ago, lewy said:

35 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't remember that, it's good they've got 7 former Diamonds then

On 3/21/2023 at 9:36 PM, Diamonds85 said:

It's not so much the weather on the day you've got to look at, it's how much water has the track soaked in over the past few weeks that's got to be worrying... This isn't something that happens overnight so it amazes me that the trackstaff at Redcar didn't foresee this on Sunday... Or did they? It is frustrating as a fan in situations like this, it's almost like our time and money is an afterthought but oh well...

Totally wrong assumption. Redcar track staff, including 'our' Johnny Swales, worked  extremely hard Friday, Saturday and Sunday to try and get the meeting on for both Stuart and the many fans from here and elsewhere, to try and get this meeting on. All very well criticising from 40 of miles away, but if you had been there and therefore fit to comment you would have seen the multitude of track equipment plus volunteer vans being used to try and squeeze the water out of the track, which had got into the track following the downpour on the Saturday. Whilst it looked goodish to average on the top, apparently anybody that walked on the track said it was soft underneath and definitely unfit to ride on. 

Anybody from afar can make stupid and harmful assumptions, but it doesn't give credit for the effort that was put in to try and help Stuart and the fans.

• Like 5

The Ben Fund meeting is about to start and I've noticed that half the field (8 out of 16) are ex-Newcastle riders !!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StevePark said:

The Ben Fund meeting is about to start and I've noticed that half the field (8 out of 16) are ex-Newcastle riders !!

Due to riders changing teams every year, it could be said for many teams. Redcar has 9 present and former riders in the line up

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 12:18 PM, Tsunami said:

Totally wrong assumption. Redcar track staff, including 'our' Johnny Swales, worked  extremely hard Friday, Saturday and Sunday to try and get the meeting on for both Stuart and the many fans from here and elsewhere, to try and get this meeting on. All very well criticising from 40 of miles away, but if you had been there and therefore fit to comment you would have seen the multitude of track equipment plus volunteer vans being used to try and squeeze the water out of the track, which had got into the track following the downpour on the Saturday. Whilst it looked goodish to average on the top, apparently anybody that walked on the track said it was soft underneath and definitely unfit to ride on. 

Anybody from afar can make stupid and harmful assumptions, but it doesn't give credit for the effort that was put in to try and help Stuart and the fans.

I'm just pleased I got a phone call not to go which saved me a tenna in diesel 

Sad reading this weeks ss all of the team previews and not seeing the diamonds one in there it just doesn't feel the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Sad reading this weeks ss all of the team previews and not seeing the diamonds one in there it just doesn't feel the same.

Time to move on. I'm heading for the STMP.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Time to move on. I'm heading for the STMP.

I will be doing the odd meeting and Workington as both the same distance roughly for me.

• Like 3

Nearly 1 year to the day.

Seems like a lot longer.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

It feels like a good few years.

It’s nice to watch speedway but nothing can replace having your own team and following the diamonds.