1 Chris Harris (c)
2 Adam Roynon 
3 Connor Mountain 
4 Dan Thompson
5 Hans Andersen
6 Joe Thompson 
7 Luke Crang
8 Freddy Hodder

Another pointless meeting, probably cost a fortune in rent and other things,  do people think that a patched up Brummies and a select team opposition will generate any new fans,  me don't think so 

1 hour ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Another pointless meeting, probably cost a fortune in rent and other things,  do people think that a patched up Brummies and a select team opposition will generate any new fans,  me don't think so 

Are 't all speedway meetings fundamentally pointless? :unsure:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Regardless of whether you think its pointless or not, I expect some Bees fans will enjoy seeing speedway involving their race jacket. Also i understand the club have an agreement with the stadium to stage at least 20 meetings this season.  So, as it's likely to cost them one-way or the other, they may as well have some bikes out having a run round.

Edited by S4r4h
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Only 3 Coventry riders? 

They were all Coventry at some point apart from Hodder, clueless.

• Like 3

Brummies should have run the second city trophy or the Alan Hunt or Joe Thurley memorial,  I am sure Brummies fans would show a bit more interest in recognising something that mean something to the history of the club

3 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Brummies should have run the second city trophy or the Alan Hunt or Joe Thurley memorial,  I am sure Brummies fans would show a bit more interest in recognising something that mean something to the history of the club

I think that your absence will go unnoticed 

4 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Yes perhaps. But as you identify the brummies fans of old who even know who you talk of ( I do have knowledge of them. ;) ), are thin on the ground now. Its about onwards and upwards!  If you don't want to go, fine. Leave the people who are trying to it :) xxx

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petecc said:

I think that your absence will go unnoticed 

I'm sure it will,  I'm not important enough to be noticed,  I suppose you are instantly recognised by hundreds of people

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, S4r4h said:

Yes perhaps. But as you identify the brummies fans of old who even know who you talk of ( I do have knowledge of them. ;) ), are thin on the ground now. Its about onwards and upwards!  If you don't want to go, fine. Leave the people who are trying to it :) xxx

I understand what you are saying,  but history is the DNA of everything,  it can't be put in the bin and forgotten about, all sports clubs have an history, some more than others, history and people who represented clubs in the most successful periods should be remembered, don't just let their names disappear it's not right,  I am sure a few Coventry fans will turn up as you said before,  but yes it's my opinion that I see this meeting as pointless,  others may think differently,  it's the way it is 

The original intended date for staging this meeting in April, generated considerable interest from Coventry supporters, so I don't see why there shouldn't be a decent turnout for the restaging on Wednesday, but of course, anything Birmingham do or try to do, just produces scornful criticism from the select few!

Just as a response to Lisa-Collette's comment, all of the named riders have a past connection with Coventry including the number 8 Freddie Hodder whose father also named Fred, rode for the Bees in 1964.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, brianbuck said:

The original intended date for staging this meeting in April, generated considerable interest from Coventry supporters, so I don't see why there shouldn't be a decent turnout for the restaging on Wednesday, but of course, anything Birmingham do or try to do, just produces scornful criticism from the select few!

Just as a response to Lisa-Collette's comment, all of the named riders have a past connection with Coventry including the number 8 Freddie Hodder whose father also named Fred, rode for the Bees in 1964.

Okay, thanks! :t:Assuming they are connected with a Coventry NL team or junior races?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay, thanks! :t:Assuming they are connected with a Coventry NL team or junior races?

Connor Mountain rode for the bees in 2018 when they were in the NL riding at Leicester.

Luke Crang rode for the Coventry Storm in the NL around 2014/15.

The Thompson twins were the mascots at brandon in their younger days.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, brianbuck said:

I hate to say it, but the weather forecast does not look good. :(