British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Redcar. Championship. 17/8/22

First of all big well done to the track staff on working very hard to get the meeting on. Lots of track work and an hours delay. Huge crowd in the stadium and it would probably have been even bigger but for the rain leading up to the meeting. 

The track rode well. Lawson said in the press conference that he enjoyed the track and there was a fine line to get on once leading mid track. Too far out and sloppy, too far in and slippery.

Ben Cook again rider of the night and next season wants to ride both leagues. Held back this year due to visa not allowing it. He had to turn down guest bookings.

Pirates have a brand new mascot in Magic Pirate, who got swamped by the kids for photos. Crowd very loud, everyone went home very happy. Well done to the Redcar fans for making the very long trip down, after their rainoff at Plymouth yesterday. Unfortunately their team underperformed and it was pretty much one way traffic. Expected it to be a closer meeting but they had no answer.

Next week the Championship Riders meeting. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Magic Mouse I believe. Extremely popular tonight with the kids. 

I'm sure I saw a smurf at the speedway :party:

Edited by Turnip

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I know it's "done thing" to have r/r at 2 but Edwards and Andersen is a very weak pairing to have away from home

I'm not sure why r/r is nearly always put at number 2?

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not sure why r/r is nearly always put at number 2?

Presumably bcoz no1 is your best rider and they can carry the other riders coming in for the rr ride and plus ht8 for the rider replacement as the rider above who’s out should be an easier heat on paper,weirdly I was having the same discussion tonight lol 

Good morning everyone from your Pirate radio station radio Caroline & there's no better way to kick the day off than a good old sing a long.....take it away sweet Caroline & all you thousands of beautiful Pirates fans.......

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PTW said:

Presumably bcoz no1 is your best rider and they can carry the other riders coming in for the rr ride and plus ht8 for the rider replacement as the rider above who’s out should be an easier heat on paper,weirdly I was having the same discussion tonight lol 

Had a similar discussion last night. What happened to heat 8 being a 'protected' heat?. If Riss had been fit he would never be at 2. If within the rules then very clever by the Redcar management.

A Poole thread must be one of the most Boak inducing things at this time of the morning.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Had a similar discussion last night. What happened to heat 8 being a 'protected' heat?. If Riss had been fit he would never be at 2. If within the rules then very clever by the Redcar management.

Anyone from 2-5 in averages can ride at number 2? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Anyone from 2-5 in averages can ride at number 2? 

I'm fully aware of that but it doesn't detract from the fact that if Riss was fit to race, no way would he have been at 2!!  

No real complaint from me. Clever team management as i said. Just an observation about heat 8.

Edited by Skidder1

Did anyone hear what Matt Ford said last night? where we were sat was too noisy to hear him properly

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

A Poole thread must be one of the most Boak inducing things at this time of the morning.

Well one must ask as to why one is reading it then.

I find the content rather appealing and stimulating :D

We 'stuffed' them Bears & so much so there wasn't a 'squeak' out of em!

:rofl:

Mock of the Week

Seems like at least one Bear can't cope after last night!........The adventures of that notorious Bear, Wright Charlie! :D

Photo_talks_1660815709093.thumb.jpg.dcbbc3881017b9bcfb8403d001a2c92f.jpg

Edited by Turnip

Last night at WINborne Road was a demonstration of what speedway is all about.

The racing & the scoreline may bring up differing opinions but I think something that none of us will differ on was that speedway was the winner.

The fantastic size of the crowd, the family atmosphere, the kids constantly blowing on them whistles (& maybe the adults in weeks to come :D), kids with painted faces, the mascot, free posters & riders meet & greet......... even the usual mobile phone torch light rendition of Sweet Caroline after heat 14 was further enhanced by the size of the crowd........it truly was a magical night for speedway and there was no bigger & louder a message, that could've been sent out to the representatives in attendance from the BCP Council, to back up that POOLE NEEDS SPEEDWAY :t:

To everyone present last night, to those that put in all the hard work behind the scenes & to the riders & management all of you take a bow, u did yourselves, speedway & Poole speedway proud!

Oh what a night :t:

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2