British Speedway Forum
lbw

NDL Pairs Leicester 20tn August

Wow. Obviously injuries playing a part but i thought the pairs was a mandatory meeting? Complin & Phillips dodging it for Armadale, Verge ducking it for Kent and you can bet Andrews & Extance will miss it for Plymouth. Shame really as the top two from each group pick themselves but semi finals and finals should hopefully create a bit of interest.

Would have thought Max Clegg would have been riding for Kent, Leicester is his home track.

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Wow. Obviously injuries playing a part but i thought the pairs was a mandatory meeting? Complin & Phillips dodging it for Armadale, Verge ducking it for Kent and you can bet Andrews & Extance will miss it for Plymouth. Shame really as the top two from each group pick themselves but semi finals and finals should hopefully create a bit of interest.

Get your facts right before making inaccurate comments. A rider is not ‘ dodging it ‘ if he was never asked to compete in it until 48 hours before it actually occurs and cannot get time off work to take part at such short notice.

Attendance in the NDL is not mandatory at any meeting, that’s why it’s an ‘ NDL ‘.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight

.... and there I was thinking s4s knows everything about NDL speedway as it is his main league. How wrong am I? What a :oops: :icon_smile_clown: 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Get your facts right before making inaccurate comments. A rider is not ‘ dodging it ‘ if he was never asked to compete in it until 48 hours before it actually occurs and cannot get time off work to take part at such short notice.

Attendance in the NDL is not mandatory at any meeting, that’s why it’s an ‘ NDL ‘.

In which case its very poor form from the promotion.  Its been clear from the start of the season that its 2 from top 3 in averages. 

As i said i "thought" it was mandatory after the debarcle of the NLRC a couple of seasons ago.

"2 of the top 3 riders in each team by MA, from the green sheets of the month prior to the event must be selected to participate."

Must be selected,  any club failing to do so is cheating the public.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

.... and there I was thinking s4s knows everything about NDL speedway as it is his main league. How wrong am I? What a :oops: :icon_smile_clown: 

If only speedway was my main anything anymore.....even the forum is boring these days.

• Like 1

Foregone conclusion. 

Wheres Kyle Bickley?

Quite a few riders are missing in this! Again! I was considering going but such a disjointed line-up doesn’t make it look like the best of meetings.  
So it’s the Thompson twins’ to lose. 

• Like 1

The No Development League is now such a poor product, if attendance is not mandatory at any meeting it needs a name change as none of the N,D or L apply now really.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, gazzac said:

The No Development League is now such a poor product, if attendance is not mandatory at any meeting it needs a name change as none of the N,D or L apply now really.

Was a point when it was an honour to get a NL team place and by signing on and doung so the rider agreed to all the fixtures. Re-arranged meetings and dispensation for riders under 18 and still in education are all fair game but those who don't really fancy the travel/don't like x track are dragging the sport down further.

• Like 2

The meeting is all about who finished second and third.

Not really worth vising with such a poor line-up.

23 hours ago, Mimmo said:

The meeting is all about who finished second and third.

Not really worth vising with such a poor line-up.

I'm going, I'll av lots of chips to eat & beer to drink if no one else there. They wouldn't want it to go to waste so I'm going large! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip