British Speedway Forum
cinderfella

Championship League Riders' Championship at Poole

14 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Looking forward to another night of top entertainment down at WINborne Road :t:

So open as to the winner with riders' such as Bomber, Nicholls, Masters & Douglas avin a particular liking for the Poole track.

Of course being a Pirate I will shouting out for King & Lawson with both coming into top form at just the right time.

Tom Brennan could he sneak up quietly & take the honours? I wudn't bet against it.

See yer all down at WINborne Road :t:

#piratepride

Better make sure there's no wet patches on entry to turn one or Brennan will be refusing to ride again. 

17 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole's Ben Cook and Zach Cook are the meeting track reserves.

Track reserves should be competent enough to race if needed but not too good to influence a result. 

Ablitt and another NDL rider would have been better options. 

• Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 11:36 AM, Turnip said:

Been to Mildenhall twice back in the 2nd Division days vs King's Lynn & Ipswich if I remember correctly.

Both were excellent meetings & the track was superb. 

Can't speak for wot it's like now though.

Even being a Pirate I don't understand the logic of avin it on a Wednesday in Poole. As soon as they called the Saturday one off it should've been moved to a more central track. 

Little consideration given to away supporters.umless they base it on away support at league meetins? Dunno.

I'm fortunate that although living in Derbyshire I'm still able to go.

Hopefully all the club's will still av some support there :t:

Certainly didn’t give any consideration to us Scots. I suppose it’s better than the Isle if Wight (Smiley face) but honestly, this year will be the first I’ve missed and I’m not best pleased

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Certainly didn’t give any consideration to us Scots. I suppose it’s better than the Isle if Wight (Smiley face) but honestly, this year will be the first I’ve missed and I’m not best pleased

I would admit it's not ideal being a week day as well but then you do have Glasgow taking all the team GB events & now FIM events.

I'm not saying that in a negative way about Glasgow because they have put the money in and hard work to warrant being awarded world class meetings.

But distance wise it's like for like.

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Track reserves should be competent enough to race if needed but not too good to influence a result. 

So you want any ndl rider to just pootle around at the back against 3 heat leaders rather than potentially make a race of it?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Turnip said:

I would admit it's not ideal being a week day as well but then you do have Glasgow taking all the team GB events & now FIM events.

I'm not saying that in a negative way about Glasgow because they have put the money in and hard work to warrant being awarded world class meetings.

But distance wise it's like for like.

Agreed, you have a point too but multi team events like this should be Weekend meetings to attract the biggest possible crowd and hence add to the atmosphere. The original Saturday was fine

1 minute ago, Gr8scot said:

Agreed, you have a point too but multi team events like this should be Weekend meetings to attract the biggest possible crowd and hence add to the atmosphere. The original Saturday was fine

Agree, after the Saturday pp it would be better moving it more central. Easy to say but I don't know how it was agreed between the bods at the top & wot was or wasn't possible to arrange. Dunno. 

Luckily living in Derbyshire I'm central to everywhere but I do think about those at either end of the country.

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So you want any ndl rider to just pootle around at the back against 3 heat leaders rather than potentially make a race of it?

He's just worried about the odds of a Poole rider winning doubling! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HGould said:

Ablitt and kemp are in the under 21 at Birmingham tonight.

4 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

Ablitt and kemp are in the under 21 at Birmingham tonight.

I think you'll find thats next Wednesday 31st!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think they are both good enough to significantly impact in races they are in and possibly impact on the overall result. 

I don't think that's in the spirit of what a track reserve is actually for. 

Got nothing to do with where it is. 

• Like 1

Wot time do the gates open.....Is it the usual 630 or 6 like last week?

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think you'll find thats next Wednesday 31st!!

So it is my mistake,anyhow the cooks live approx 6 miles away , why drag somebody who lives 2 county’s away?

Thinking of going to this but haven't been  to Poole since pre pandemic. How much is the car park now & is it still exact cash only ?

31 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

Thinking of going to this but haven't been  to Poole since pre pandemic. How much is the car park now & is it still exact cash only ?

I think It's £2.50 to park, you can pay by cash or card,you don't have to have the correct money 

Edited by Arthur54