British Speedway Forum
Badge

Witches v Wolves 25th Aug

Chances of this being on?

Heavy rain all morning in Stansted. I'm not fancying a wasted journey 

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Chances of this being on?

Heavy rain all morning in Stansted. I'm not fancying a wasted journey 

Six miles north of Ipswich and we have only had a couple of 15-30 minute spells of rain followed by sunny intervals. It’s also warm, so any rain has quickly dried up.

The main risk is a really heavy thunderstorm or spell of rain but the forecast seems to have this as a decreasing likelihood.

Fingers crossed.

It’s dark, and drizzly, but ground still looks dry. We haven’t had the torrential rain and storms that everyone else seems to have had in the region. 

• Like 1

The rain just north of Colchester where I am has stopped and its due to not rain any more today past 3pm if the forecast is to be believed! To the fair the forecast seems to have been very accurate this year - hot sun and more hot!! Weather report suggests same for Ipswich

Edited by GeneralMelchett
spelling
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

A great result for Ipswich they have certainly proved the doubters myself included wrong. Playoffs here we come.

What's happened to Drew Kemp seems to have gone right off the boil

Has he ever been on the boil!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A decent result beating a depleted team,, so not reading much into that. Starke is looking down on power or confidence,,, but on the upside,, Hume is looking so much more in control than I have ever seen him.  Shame Worrall re hurt his back, as it would have been a much better meeting. 

1 hour ago, sommelier1 said:

It's time Wolves get rid of Kemp

I've never seen a rider go from a wizz kid to stagnation so quick.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I've never seen a rider go from a wizz kid to stagnation so quick.   

Need to make a change or we could well be looking at missing out off plays from being 16 points clear.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Need to make a change or we could well be looking at missing out off plays from being 16 points clear.

Transfer window has closed hasn't it? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Shame Worrall re hurt his back, as it would have been a much better meeting. 

May have been 49-41 but not much more. Wolves are not going to win meetings when the team only wins 4 heats all night and their reserves are weak.

1 hour ago, sommelier1 said:

Has he ever been on the boil!

Kemp, sadly not it seems. 

9 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

It would be a huge shock to see Wolves throw away such a big points gap in making the playoffs,but realistically our title hopes vanished once Adams announced our reserve pairing.                  It was always going to be a big ask hoping the five riders in the main body of the team,would compensate for the lack of points that Kemp and Flint would bring to the side.

Given events at Owlerton I am glad I was down here this week in East Anglia and not back home in Sheffield - Despite the scoreline and the fact the track was pretty dry there was some decent racing, Most of the passing seemed to be people coming through from last to third or third to 2nd - Doyle imperious as ever and the decent crowd certainly enjoyed the latter stages with a few home 5-1's and wheelies after.

Aaron Summers seems a great acquisition and Hume seems to be developing well, early season there were times I felt he looked a little uneasy on the bends but the Wictches reserves really had the advantage on their counterpatrts last night. Felt for the Wolves as Worrall would I am sure have contributed a few more points for them!! When Riss was injured I did worry about the Witches for the playoffs but Summers certainly seems to have more than replaced him at Foxhall. Batch also ended the meeting well with 2 lightning gates and wins, team rode well in heat 15 with Doyle.

The only worry is Starke - he could have scored a couple more than he did but I felt for him last night as he had Masters and Worrall in heat 1 Nick Morris in heat 6, he was pulled from heat 8 and the again he had Becker who passed him in heat 10 - so being at no 2 is tough.

Edited by GeneralMelchett