British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Panthers v Stars 25/08/22

33 minutes ago, ouch said:

You can tell I’m bored waiting from my girlfriend to get her nails done, that I’m reading this nonsense. 

The weather is cited as the reason for 99.9% of postponements so to put forward a ruling to help eradicate the many dodgy ones is perfectly valid. To say it wouldn’t be workable and then choose a scenario that may happen once every decade is ridiculous. Power outage, plane crash, animals escaping from the zoo are not points of discussion due to their infrequency. I’m pretty sure the Ukrainian tracks didn’t have an invaded by Russia clause and that shouldn't be a reason to say the rules were lacking or unworkable. 

I can imagine how the conference gets bogged down with nonsense such as this instead of actually moving our sorry sport forward. The current (and recently departed) people “running” this once great sport have not a clue what they are doing and they have driven it down to a point where no creditable person will touch it with a barge pole, so we are are left with the current monkeys in charge and anyone else stepping in would be equally clueless. What a horrible shame. 

I agree that I exaggerated my response to 'Iainb's ever more unworkable 'one size fits all' regulation suggestion, just to prove a point.

The Speedway Regulations already contain a protocol for postponing meetings:

02.2.8 Promoter / Associate
Must sign the Meeting Certificate and remain in attendance during and immediately after the meeting. They are responsible for the organisation of the meeting, ensuring all requirements of these Regulations prior to and during the meeting are met, including payment of the appropriate fees, insurances and other statutory requirements.
Specifically, the staging Promotion is responsible: -
a) to never advertise an event in a misleading manner; not to classify a meeting as an ‘International’; or ‘British Championship’, except with prior BSPA permission, nor ever use ‘Grand Prix, World Cup or World Championship titles’
b) to ensure the track receives timely and adequate preparation
c) until 2 hours prior to the advertised start time may postpone the meeting if there are exceptional conditions as would make racing impossible, except where:
i) the SCB specifically forbids a Promotion from so doing
ii) if a Meeting Steward is appointed to the meeting

and must advise the Referee at the earliest opportunity

Despite 'iainb's denials, economics does come into the equation because of the significant amount of money a late postponent will cost.

Edited by NeilWatson

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I agree that I exaggerated my response to 'Iainb's ever more unworkable 'one size fits all' regulation suggestion, just to prove a point.

The Speedway Regulations already contain a protocol for postponing meetings:

02.2.8 Promoter / Associate
Must sign the Meeting Certificate and remain in attendance during and immediately after the meeting. They are responsible for the organisation of the meeting, ensuring all requirements of these Regulations prior to and during the meeting are met, including payment of the appropriate fees, insurances and other statutory requirements.
Specifically, the staging Promotion is responsible: -
a) to never advertise an event in a misleading manner; not to classify a meeting as an ‘International’; or ‘British Championship’, except with prior BSPA permission, nor ever use ‘Grand Prix, World Cup or World Championship titles’
b) to ensure the track receives timely and adequate preparation
c) until 2 hours prior to the advertised start time may postpone the meeting if there are exceptional conditions as would make racing impossible, except where:
i) the SCB specifically forbids a Promotion from so doing
ii) if a Meeting Steward is appointed to the meeting

and must advise the Referee at the earliest opportunity

Despite 'iainb's denials, economics does come into the equation because of the significant amount of money a late postponent will cost.

Current rules obviously aren't working no matter how much you quote them or try to apply them to my "suggestions". Of course economics are part of it but the current rules have dragged the sport to the current level it is... how about this for economics, the fans have stopped going because they'll make their own minds up about the weather situation and the state the track will be in because every club is doing their own thing.

• Like 1

And furthermore, those existing rules are complete baloney! Look at a) and b) how many times has a meeting been misadvertised? And you turn up and pay your money to get in and the absence of an advertised rider is announced on parade. Did the Peterborough track receive "timely and adequate preparation" on Thursday night? No point having rules if there is no penalty for not adhering to them

39 minutes ago, iainb said:

And furthermore, those existing rules are complete baloney! Look at a) and b) how many times has a meeting been misadvertised? And you turn up and pay your money to get in and the absence of an advertised rider is announced on parade. Did the Peterborough track receive "timely and adequate preparation" on Thursday night? No point having rules if there is no penalty for not adhering to them

The organisation of the sport is a shambles at best and any one that thinks otherwise is deluded .IMO.

• Like 1