British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick v Scunthorpe 27/08/22 7pm

2 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

We went to see si after the meeting at Redcar last night… he rung all the best options available

Danny King - going to the zoo

kyle howarth - doesn’t want it

aaron summers - doesn’t want it

sedgy - injured

hell, I sat with si and listened to him beg and say to these boys ‘name your price and if needs be I’ll pay it out my own wage’

just shows what an amazing captain Scunny have and when they all turned him down, the lad was on the brink of tears 

Scunny on twitter in last hour still saying guest or r/r. So either they are still trying to get a rider to guest or it is r/r but don't want to reveal it yet. 

Superb as Ryan Douglas has been this year, you just now he will have recovered in time for the big money in Poland.

17 minutes ago, eric i said:

Superb as Ryan Douglas has been this year, you just now he will have recovered in time for the big money in Poland.

If that happens is godfrey brave enough to sack him !

He is a very good captain and he’s going above and beyond for his club and fair play to him just a shame his owner/promoter is a complete p...k and that is probably why riders won’t ride for him it’s a long off season and riders are saying they don’t want it in what is Scunthorpe’s biggest meeting of the season as I say I feel sorry for lambert who has been a good servant to British speedway as for Godfrey I have zero sympathy.

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

If that happens is godfrey brave enough to sack him !

There isn't many riders in league that don't prioritise the Polish league, if your carrying a bit of an injury.

Just now, eric i said:

There isn't many riders in league that don't prioritise the Polish league, if your carrying a bit of an injury.

Even "Top Dog" Masters did similar not long ago.

17 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Even "Top Dog" Masters did similar not long ago.

Yes, but tbf his Polish club did help him a lot with treatment so could get back on the bike quicker. 

• Like 1

If it is R/R Berwick will win 56-34

30 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

He is a very good captain and he’s going above and beyond for his club and fair play to him just a shame his owner/promoter is a complete p...k and that is probably why riders won’t ride for him it’s a long off season and riders are saying they don’t want it in what is Scunthorpe’s biggest meeting of the season as I say I feel sorry for lambert who has been a good servant to British speedway as for Godfrey I have zero sympathy.

Is he a good team captain?

With that being the case surely the team manager would have dropped him from his last race last night (with Adam being unbeaten in 3 races at the time).

Or is it the team managers fault with Adam not being in heat 14 also?

I can see why they have brought in Connor Mountain for Aarnio as r/r for your 1 & 3 is stupid.

1 minute ago, Gambo95 said:

Is he a good team captain?

With that being the case surely the team manager would have dropped him from his last race last night (with Adam being unbeaten in 3 races at the time).

Or is it the team managers fault with Adam not being in heat 14 also?

He has been relatively, part time speedway but is one of the main sponsors of Lambert. Even Simon, being captain, should have dropped himself & changed heat 13 & 14 in Rowe & Roynon. Hindsight, wonderful.

• Thanks 1

I can see why we have struggled for a guest given the (poor) excuses by some riders but we could never use a Redcar rider, Glasgow, Plymouth with injuries, Pickering probably Poland bound with Ryan & Masters, Nicholls GP work.

You know riders aren't obliged to guest! If they don't want to, they don't have to. Sounds like King wants to spend time with his family. Not sure why Kyle doesn't want it, but with lack of Sheffield meetings you think he would want to. But tbf to him he has done quite a bit of guesting this season already. 

14 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I can see why we have struggled for a guest given the (poor) excuses by some riders but we could never use a Redcar rider, Glasgow, Plymouth with injuries, Pickering probably Poland bound with Ryan & Masters, Nicholls GP work.

Probably guest do not want to ride for Godfrey if the truth was known

35 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

If Douglas is on his way to Poland to race tomorrow, it makes a mockery that Scunthorpe are getting a facility to cover him tonight 

• Like 1