British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kryten

John Perrin

On the subject of Aces leadership it was really really hard not to like this guy even though probably wanted to lol. Said what he thought, to everyone. I remember winning 2 free tickets after answering questions about the aces. I was 19 and went to the office to claim my prize and JP looked at me with my stupid long hair at the time and said how the f…… did you know the answers to those questions????  I said because John I f…….. know my club. He laughed his head off and said good fella and gave me the tickets 

• Like 3

John Perrin had an unfortunate, abrupt rude personality which made him extremely hardwork to get on with but he did keep Belle Vue going during a very difficult time after the move to Kirky Lane.

Its quite likely that without his dogged determination to keep Belle Vue speedway going in the 1990's they would have closed and the present standing of the club would of been less likely to have happened.

• Like 1

Peter Collins certainly found him difficult over certain policies?

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 4:04 PM, steve roberts said:

Peter Collins certainly found him difficult over certain policies?

To be fair, he's not the only one PC has had issues with.

Was Peter a bit of a prickly character?