British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Leicester v Poole, KO Cup Semi-final,1st leg Sat.10/09/22

8 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Exactly Lisa Poole have done very well this week and fair play to them but some people should not get to carried away as one bad week can easily follow as has happened to many teams in the past as we all no.

I just said that after last night's result we look the team to beat as Leicester in my opinion look the best team prior to last night. 

Edited by foreverblue

10 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Let’s see how many trophies are in your cabinet at the end of the season before you start gloating and remember Leicester have already done you at your place this season .

Well you haven't even got a trophy cabinet, and if you have it must be thick with dust 

7 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I thought king made it from my angle. Poor ref decision 

We were sat almost on the line in the 'Grandstand' and Kyle Howarth definitely got it - ref made right decision.

Fair play to Poole for coming back into the Match when they looked to be on the receiving end of maybe 8 or 10 points loss at one stage. 

Lions - poor start to the match, vast improvement after 4 races - Richie Worrall great, Kyle Howarth trying his heart out ( probably cost him a point or two ), Nick Morris again very fast but stuffed Howarth up good and proper in Heat 13, Thompson Twins were fine, Connor Mountain a night to forget and Max Clegg OK but never quite there.

Pirates - Great start to the match, Danny King / Steve Worrall & Richard Lawson always in with a shout, Cook brothers better than last time, Drew Kemp more than did his job and Nathan Ablitt a bit out of his depth despite somehow leading Race 2 until he unfortunately 'binned' it under pressure from JT

Lions won but somehow feels like a loss given only a narrow margin to take to Poole - cannot see Danny King having another poor meeting on Wed as he did when Lions defeated Pirates earlier in the season and I worry about our reserves there this time around.

Also - gotta say it was a terrific ride by Kyle Howarth to win Heat 13 on the line against a very quick Danny King!

Two good teams on view last night

• Like 5

Anybody know who was taking some practice laps after the meeting last night? Heard it was an Aussie rider using an ex Max Fricke bike?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robbee said:

Anybody know who was taking some practice laps after the meeting last night? Heard it was an Aussie rider using an ex Max Fricke bike?

Jack Morrison.

Edited by Rob Dyer
  • Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 10:01 PM, Elmo said:

Lions gated on a 5-1 but Morris stuffed Howarth on the 2nd bend to let both pirates through up the inside, Morris then binned it on bend 4.

In the rerun King gated and Howarth only passed him right on the line, tbh I thought King had just held on.

Deffo Howarth got him on the line by 5-10cm - I had quite a good view of it

On 9/18/2022 at 1:37 AM, FishersGate said:

I thought king made it from my angle. Poor ref decision 

Not the case from my view

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

Deffo Howarth got him on the line by 5-10cm - I had quite a good view of it

Can't see the overall result depending on that one race result so probably not that important whether King won it or not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Can't see the overall result depending on that one race result so probably not that important whether King won it or not.

He didnt win it Howarth did ! Lol

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

No i said proof not the aging eyes of a referee!

So, you were not at the meeting and you don't believe the Referee, who was directly in line with the finish line?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

So, you were not at the meeting and you don't believe the Referee, who was directly in line with the finish line?

Correct, no not really only kidding! I fully accept the referees decision.

• Like 1