British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Panthers v Witches 5th September

Actually enjoyed that.  

Basso first name on next season's sheet if we can get him. The issue in signing Harris and MPT wouldn't enable a proper 1 to be signed 

Should be one rider from each team.

Can’t get this 2nd and 3rd can be winners

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midland Red said:

You could, but that would always benefit teams like us who have far and away the best rider in the league. At least by packing in second and third it’s more a team effort to get the points. That was a cracking superheat that created the drama that it was brought in for. I accept it’s going to always split opinion and I respect others opinion’s who don’t like it. But personally I hope it’s here to stay. 

• Like 1

Witches have far to long a tail to win the league. 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Totally disagree. The “superheat” at Foxhall earlier in the season generated the best atmosphere I’ve experienced for many many years and is my lasting memory of this entire season. Random people were high fiving complete strangers. You didn’t get that kind of emotion when securing a draw do you? Plenty have liked your post so maybe I’m in the minority but there’s a lot of traditionalists out there that just don’t like change. 

Agree it was the best atmosphere I can remember at Foxhall in a long time 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

The crowd doesn't look any better than Mildenhall yesterday.

The team has only just been better than Mildenhall at times as well

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Withches have far to long a tail to win the league. 

We didn’t have. We’ve been strong at top and tail, but inconsistent in the middle. But currently I agree with you, Rowe and an unfit/struggling Starke isn’t going to cut it in the play offs against Belle Vue especially. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Withches have far to long a tail to win the league. 

Starke is usually a trump card at reserve and normally scores very well there. He’s carrying a shoulder injury and is clearly struggling. Hume is a massive miss also. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

If the super heat is to stay I'd like to see the format changed so you can't use the same riders as used in heat 15, makes it more of a team effort

I agree too this but still think it should be scrapped! This bulls*it statement that it makes it interesting for tv viewers is absolute crap. Majority of people watching are speedway fans not some average Joe channel hopping and all of sudden that into it they don’t wanna see a drawn meeting. It’s so unnecessary and actually embarrassing. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Starke is usually a trump card at reserve and normally scores very well there. He’s carrying a shoulder injury and is clearly struggling. Hume is a massive miss also. 

He scored 1 last time .

27 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

The scoring been in place in pairs event for years and seeing its a team event it  looks fine to me .

• Confused 1

Enjoyed that. Some good racing and ding dong scoring. Not a fan of the Superheat personally but it was a decent race.

37 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Actually enjoyed that.  

Basso first name on next season's sheet if we can get him. The issue in signing Harris and MPT wouldn't enable a proper 1 to be signed 

Be lucky too have basso, and Harris wasn’t keen on coming back this year so that doesn’t stand well for next season

11 minutes ago, orion said:

He scored 1 last time .

“Normally scores well there” as in the reserve berth, not Peterborough as a track. In the main body he’s often found wanting, but at reserve he often piles in the points. 

Good to see Jenkins scoring some good points too.

• Like 5