British Speedway Forum
TrainDave

Wednesday 7th September - play off - Poole v Plymouth

1 hour ago, TrainDave said:

I reckon you're going to get wet about 6.30

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thunder and lightning at stadium. Hammering down. Wont last long but damage is being done. Looks like Plymouth get the first leg after all. :)

Only 5 mins out...

• Like 1

Does this mean we are going to have a third thread open before we get a first leg staged in this fixture? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Officially off according to Poole Instagram  

Opportunity for Mark to hold some “ How to analyse available data and make the correct decision” seminar’s for the other promoters….. Give a little back to the sport and all that.

• Like 1

Left home and All roads were dry. Arrived at parking near stadium to a lightning display and within a couple of minutes it was torrential. Ten mins later the drains in the road couldn’t cope. Drove home with flooded roads. Still raining now and track would be underwater. No chance direct storm hit. 

So we go again next Tuesday with Plymouth first leg. Let’s hope this low pressure moves away and we get a little settled weather.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

I’ve sat back and observed what’s been said on this thread and similar things sad on the one for last night and it’s a shame really. Both clubs have had excellent season but there’s so much animosity.

I didn’t comment on the Gladiators side tonight because I just wanted all the riders to get back safe. I was relieved that we were even able to get 6 riders let alone their ability! It’s a shame tonight’s meeting is now off. I know there were quite a few Gladiator’s who were either already in Poole or well on their way there. These things happen unfortunately and I hope they all get home safely, same goes for the Pirate fans who are travelling around in that horrible weather.

Time to rest up and get ready for next Tuesday, sadly I’ll be missing it due to an already arranged prior engagement at Argyle v Oxford United although, the seven day forecast leaves a lot to be desired once again. Let’s see what the weekend brings us.

• Like 2

God is a gladiators fan let’s be honest hopefully 2 good teams line up against each other next week and may the best team win.

• Like 2

Complete disregard for the supporters, early call off was a no brainer if you looked at the forecast, to focused on beating a depleted Plymouth team. Arrogance personified definitely his fathers son. Hope it's cost the club a few quid aswell. Karma is a wonderful thing,nearly as good as hindsight. I can't stop smiling. :rofl:

• Like 4

All the rain dances worked

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Be careful what you say on the barker situation as you certainly do not no the facts what your saying is slanderous and I hope Ben reads it and after tomorrow’s appeal I hope he gets on to you  about your post and if he is not aware I’m sure plenty of people will make him aware good luck serious error of judgement on the post .

Have edited as I certainly didn't mean to cause any offence.  Was just a thoughtless turn of phrase, so apologies to all especially Ben.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Haha 1

I thought it desperately had to be run tonight as Poole had no spare dates..... oh no they have one next Wednesday 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

I’ve sat back and observed what’s been said on this thread and similar things sad on the one for last night and it’s a shame really. Both clubs have had excellent season but there’s so much animosity.

I didn’t comment on the Gladiators side tonight because I just wanted all the riders to get back safe. I was relieved that we were even able to get 6 riders let alone their ability! It’s a shame tonight’s meeting is now off. I know there were quite a few Gladiator’s who were either already in Poole or well on their way there. These things happen unfortunately and I hope they all get home safely, same goes for the Pirate fans who are travelling around in that horrible weather.

Time to rest up and get ready for next Tuesday, sadly I’ll be missing it due to an already arranged prior engagement at Argyle v Oxford United although, the seven day forecast leaves a lot to be desired once again. Let’s see what the weekend brings us.

They are going against the football? Weather forecast on the met office site is just for light showers. So should be okay at the moment. So just got to wait for news on guests and whether Barker will be riding? 

5 minutes ago, lewy said:

Complete disregard for the supporters, early call off was a no brainer if you looked at the forecast, to focused on beating a depleted Plymouth team. Arrogance personified definitely his fathers son. Hope it's cost the club a few quid aswell. Karma is a wonderful thing,nearly as good as hindsight. I can't stop smiling. :rofl:

Could of said it better myself. Bunch of selfish morons. 

karma has hit hard but I’m sure the Poole faithful will have there excuses as they won’t admit the wrong decision was made  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, chris4gillian said:

Chill out, It's only a turn of phrase...nothing more.

A turn of phrase that could land you in deep dodo