British Speedway Forum
TrainDave

Wednesday 7th September - play off - Poole v Plymouth

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

What is it with Plymouth fans and their imbecilic posts? Is this poster a real speedway fan? 

And I am sure people on here have noticed. All the animosity comes from Plymouth fans towards Poole. They seem to have a massive inferiority complex. Most Poole fans, myself included, had a soft spot for Plymouth down the coast. We wished them well on their survival and growth. Yet their fans on the whole are abusive and not particularly friendly. 

This Maldon45, wishing big losses on another club shows the Plymouth mentality. Very sad and very strange.

Says he who dishes it out but can't take it,suck it up stevie boy:rofl:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What is it with Plymouth fans and their imbecilic posts? Is this poster a real speedway fan? 

And I am sure people on here have noticed. All the animosity comes from Plymouth fans towards Poole. They seem to have a massive inferiority complex. Most Poole fans, myself included, had a soft spot for Plymouth down the coast. We wished them well on their survival and growth. Yet their fans on the whole are abusive and not particularly friendly. 

This Maldon45, wishing big losses on another club shows the Plymouth mentality. Very sad and very strange.

I’d just like to point out, in the interest of fairness, we aren’t all showing animosity on this forum. I for one, wouldn’t do that, I’m happy to defend my club and offer my opinion on something but I won’t ever show animosity  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

Says he who dishes it out but can't take it,suck it up stevie boy:rofl:

I don’t dish out anything. Plymouth fans wishing huge losses on another speedway club is disgraceful. 

• Like 1

I’ve said my piece now I think I’m going to take a back seat as it is getting a bit out of hand let’s see what happens next week.

Just now, Mike0310 said:

I’ve said my piece now I think I’m going to take a back seat as it is getting a bit out of hand let’s see what happens next week.

Fingers crossed for better weather Mike, that’s all we can wish for at this stage I think. 

3 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

I’d just like to point out, in the interest of fairness, we aren’t all showing animosity on this forum. I for one, wouldn’t do that, I’m happy to defend my club and offer my opinion on something but I won’t ever show animosity  

Well said. But the majority of Plymouth fans on here are agressive in their tone and seem to think Plymouths injury crisis is Poole’s fault. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh they want to know if Plymouth have got any straw they can use, you know to start drying the track out lol!! 

Sure we can sort them out with some if you like. We’ll give them a decent rate too. Gather they’ve taken a recent hit to the Bank Balance

His ego and desperation to hit us while we were down got the better of him and he’s made a ridiculous decision on the weather… Happily it’s bitten him on the ****.

Plymouth fans and the majority of fair minded neutrals are extremely happy right now.

Edited by MalDon45
Spelling

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Well said. But the majority of Plymouth fans on here are agressive in their tone and seem to think Plymouths injury crisis is Poole’s fault. 

Everyone wants the best for their team and they are entitled to defend their club. There’s obviously the element of freedom of speech which should be maintained however there’s also a line which I feel shouldn’t be crossed and when emotions run high, as they have done recently with everything that is getting thrown around, sadly one or two posts seem to be crossing that line and that’s what I referred to earlier which is a shame.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t dish out anything. Plymouth fans wishing huge losses on another speedway club is disgraceful. 

It’s almost like another speedway fan abusing and non stop having a go at other clubs for using straw to get a meeting on as well as laughing at a club using the weather forecast to call off meetings to save long travel and expenses.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Steve… We’ve been taking stick on here for weeks from people (including Poole fans) wishing Ill on Plymouth.

Mr Fords ego and desire to win in whatever way got the better of him. Stupid decision to go ahead with the meeting. And it’s cost him. Yes I’m glad about that.

I have sympathy for Riders, Fans and others who are out of pocket after this farce. But not the promotion.

The game of weather Russian Roulette he chose to play and lost, was entirely on him.. If you can’t afford to lose it, don’t gamble it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Seriously?  I have apologised sincerely for a poor error of judgement and have removed the silly comment.

Show Ben this too so he can see that I am sincere.

Thank you.

Ben is on Instagram if you want to give him a message.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Ben is on Instagram if you want to give him a message.

I don't use instagram.

I genuinely didn't mean anything at all, was just a silly thoughtless comment.  I should have thought more fully, I'm a plonker!

4 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

I don't use instagram.

I genuinely didn't mean anything at all, was just a silly thoughtless comment.  I should have thought more fully, I'm a plonker!

Easy to say things in heat of the moment on here but talk to a mod about it. Tbh though Plymouth did say they would take legal advice if anyone said anything about Ben on SM.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Easy to say things in heat of the moment on here but talk to a mod about it. Tbh though Plymouth did say they would take legal advice if anyone said anything about Ben on SM.

I never saw that.

• Haha 1