British Speedway Forum
TrainDave

Wednesday 7th September - play off - Poole v Plymouth

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Easy to say things in heat of the moment on here but talk to a mod about it. Tbh though Plymouth did say they would take legal advice if anyone said anything about Ben on SM.

What’s SM?

All this sanctimonious "nasty Plymouth" rubbish from Poole. 

It's nothing new for Britain's most unpopular Club. 

In the Ford era. 

Any Premier / Elite Club of the past 2 decades will testify

Neighbours like Swindon and Eastbourne will certainly testifty. 

Plymouth are just the latest target. 

It's what Poole do. 

Pure and simple. 

Crocodile years, fancy Dan bullies.. 

2 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

What’s SM?

Social Media, sorry sometimes i am just a bit lazy ;)

57 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I thought it desperately had to be run tonight as Poole had no spare dates..... oh no they have one next Wednesday 

How the hell can you ride in that for Christ sake, and next Wednesday was probably going to be Leicester in the ko cup, which will have to be put back now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motophotodan said:

Could of said it better myself. Bunch of selfish morons. 

karma has hit hard but I’m sure the Poole faithful will have there excuses as they won’t admit the wrong decision was made  

Come on, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't 

Of course it was the right call to ride today. Unfortunate that a thunderstorm, which was not predicted in any forecast, grew over the channel and had our name on it. Looking outside now it’s a pleasant evening. No way should the meeting have been called off early.

Now, because of the rainoff, the Leicester meeting in the KO Cup needs to be put back. We could be playing them three time at Poole in a month.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Easy to have a pop, especially given some of the comments made re Plymouth...

However....

I would like to think that he sportingly realised that Plymouths team wouldn't mean a fair match could take place, so thoughtfully organised torrential rain, thunder storms and lightening....... :D

I don't think even the Plymouth stunt with Straw and fire would have saved that :rofl:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Social Media, sorry sometimes i am just a bit lazy ;)

Sorry Lisa, I should’ve worked that out :D 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

So there was a spare Wednesday..next Wednesday amazing that.

Probably for ko cup 

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think they mean he guested at Plymouth for Redcar, so just long to get to. 

Right bonnie lass he rode for Wolverhampton on Monday which meant a nice 3 1/2 hour drive to Plymouth on Tuesday, he was also at Birmingham on Wednesday for the Under 21 Championship which is why he probably accepted a guest booking for Redcar.

3 minutes ago, Normski said:

Right bonnie lass he rode for Wolverhampton on Monday which meant a nice 3 1/2 hour drive to Plymouth on Tuesday, he was also at Birmingham on Wednesday for the Under 21 Championship which is why he probably accepted a guest booking for Redcar.

You know you are in trouble when you get called that ;) But fair point, I didn't take the other meetings into consideration!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The guy is an idiot. Seems they breed in the Plymouth area. Blaming Poole for Plymouths weak team. Expecting Poole to call it off. You couldn’t make it up. But they could yet get lucky.

Steve please do not be so rude to the people who are born and breed in Plymouth. I am such a person and over the years have traveled the country with Poole and you. We have cheered and commiserated several times in the 90s and OOs. We have also had banter re Argyle and Swindon Town.

I am sure on reflection you wrote what you wrote in the spur of the moment. 

1 hour ago, jbell1995 said:

As I’ve mentioned in my post a little earlier, it’s very sad to see such animosity on here. Both clubs are very well supported by some excellent fans and whilst we are all partisan and want our team to succeed, it’s a shame to see people act in this way :( 

Yep. Time to draw a line under it all I think?

Just now, alfiemorris said:

Yep. Time to draw a line under it all I think?

I agree Alfie. Passions have run high these past few weeks, let’s all just take a few minutes and just go back to getting behind our respective clubs who do great work and have had great seasons

• Like 2