British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

12 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

How old are those Pawlicki averages? One of them had a habit of not turning up at Wolves, can’t remember which, Piotr I think.

Piotr rode for Wolves? Must have been Shamek.

21 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

How old are those Pawlicki averages? One of them had a habit of not turning up at Wolves, can’t remember which, Piotr I think.

Both 8 years old.

Edited by TTT

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Piotr rode for Wolves? Must have been Shamek.

Piotr had a stint in 2014.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

One way of encouraging signings I suppose ;)

Happy ending 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Some EU riders who could get tempted if the right offer came along.

Grzegorz Zengota 7.79 

Piotr Pawlicki 7.32

Matej Zagar 7.20

Pawel Przedpelski 7.00

Kim Nilsson 6.88

Przemyslaw Pawlicki 6.75

Peter Kildemand 6.67

Michael Jepsen Jensen 6.52

Timo Lahti 6.47

Krzysztof Buczkowski 6.02

Jepsen Jensen for me, Panthers fan favourite and can ride small tracks equally well.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Piotr rode for Wolves?

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Piotr had a stint in 2014.

Outshone Woffinden while in Wolves colours that year.

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Grzegorz Zengota 7.79

Piotr Pawlicki 7.32

Matej Zagar 7.20

Pawel Przedpelski 7.00

Kim Nilsson 6.88

Przemyslaw Pawlicki 6.75

Peter Kildemand 6.67

Timo Lahti 6.47

Good luck with most of those! Don't think you have any hope with the 3 PP's, MJJ or Nilsson.

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

One way of encouraging signings I suppose ;)

Flappy is telling the truth imo.

With Chris Holder it's obvious that he's signed if you look at the progressive story that's played out imo.

1. Poole fans we're working out teams with Chris Holder in at Championship level for a reason. They'd be working teams out containing two of Lawson, King & Worrall if they didn't have some sort of concrete ITK about Chris Holder returning to British Speedway.

2. Chris Holder doesn't fit at any other Premiership club other than Ipswich if you gather all the information and rumours from ITK's. Ipswich would have to go with an out of depth reserve pairing and Chris doesn't like technical tracks either so it's not believable that he'd ride one every week imo.

3. I don't think it's a coincidence that Chris Holder has baby No.2 on the way just as he's linked with a return to British Speedway (Returning to earn some easy money like Doyle did in 2022 where he won't have to break sweat in Most of the races he'll compete in)

As for Niels he doesn't fit at any other club and he'll take on as much work as he can get considering his career is coming to an end in a couple of years imo, Case of making every last pound he can get out of the sport.

Finally Basso, He's clearly a money over career rider imo because his original decision was ridiculous tbh. Hardly going to break down barriers to enter the Polish/Swedish leagues by racing against Teenagers at reserve as well as engine room journey men like Ashley Morris, Simon Lambert and co. in the Championship just to name a few.

Busters probably said to Ben  'This is what I'll give you and Ben's turned round and said no thank you' but now Michael Tomalin's in charge with a much bigger budget to spend he's probably given Ben a ring and offered him a much better deal to a point where Ben's backtracked within 6 Days of going public at Glasgow saying he isn't riding Premiership.

It really does all add up tbh.

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Good luck with most of those! Don't think you have any hope with the 3 PP's, MJJ or Nilsson.

Me neither.

I think we'll get Matej Zagar tbh considering he's going to need a job because he doesn't even have one in Poland or Sweden. 

Because I think will get two expensive riders in Chris Holder & Matej Zagar I think a sacrifice will have to be made for budget reasons and the team will be a point under the limit with the No.2 being someone like Hans Andersen or Craig Cook.

4 hours ago, Noodles said:

I think I'll wait for the official announcements.  We were told by numerous people on here that Harris was 100%, definitely, guaranteed going to Kings Lynn :rolleyes:

To be fair nobody said that. Members were saying that Harris wanted to go to Lynn (Not signed for Lynn)

Then Leicester moved up with big cash to spend, All ITK's were in sync saying Harris had signed for Leicester.

Easy decision for Bomber (Better contract and Less travelling with Leicester being closer to Home)

10 hours ago, TTT said:

Grzegorz Zengota 7.79

Piotr Pawlicki 7.32

Matej Zagar 7.20

Pawel Przedpelski 7.00

Kim Nilsson 6.88

Przemyslaw Pawlicki 6.75

Peter Kildemand 6.67

Timo Lahti 6.47

At some point last season shamek pawlicki was in talks with Ipswich, was too expensive tho and ultimately Tungate came in. Was keen/interested by all accounts tho so not unimaginable he could be tempted here next season.

10 hours ago, TTT said:

Flappy is telling the truth imo.

With Chris Holder it's obvious that he's signed if you look at the progressive story that's played out imo.

1. Poole fans we're working out teams with Chris Holder in at Championship level for a reason. They'd be working teams out containing two of Lawson, King & Worrall if they didn't have some sort of concrete ITK about Chris Holder returning to British Speedway.

2. Chris Holder doesn't fit at any other Premiership club other than Ipswich if you gather all the information and rumours from ITK's. Ipswich would have to go with an out of depth reserve pairing and Chris doesn't like technical tracks either so it's not believable that he'd ride one every week imo.

3. I don't think it's a coincidence that Chris Holder has baby No.2 on the way just as he's linked with a return to British Speedway (Returning to earn some easy money like Doyle did in 2022 where he won't have to break sweat in Most of the races he'll compete in)

As for Niels he doesn't fit at any other club and he'll take on as much work as he can get considering his career is coming to an end in a couple of years imo, Case of making every last pound he can get out of the sport.

Finally Basso, He's clearly a money over career rider imo because his original decision was ridiculous tbh. Hardly going to break down barriers to enter the Polish/Swedish leagues by racing against Teenagers at reserve as well as engine room journey men like Ashley Morris, Simon Lambert and co. in the Championship just to name a few.

Busters probably said to Ben  'This is what I'll give you and Ben's turned round and said no thank you' but now Michael Tomalin's in charge with a much bigger budget to spend he's probably given Ben a ring and offered him a much better deal to a point where Ben's backtracked within 6 Days of going public at Glasgow saying he isn't riding Premiership.

It really does all add up tbh.

Holder signed for polish and  Swedish clubs so cannot ride in both leagues over here.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Holder signed for polish and  Swedish clubs so cannot ride in both leagues over here.

I know.

He's never riding in the Championship. 

1 to go imo.

1. Niels-Kristian Iversen 7.59

2. Rohan Tungate 6.61

3. 6.83 (EU Rider Returning to Britain imo)

4. Benjamin Basso 6.81

5. Chris Holder 7.16

6. Ben Cook 4.00

7. Jordan Jenkins (RS)

Just now, TTT said:

1 to go imo.

1. Niels-Kristian Iversen 7.59

2. Rohan Tungate 6.61

3. 6.83 (EU Rider Returning to Britain imo)

4. Benjamin Basso 6.81

5. Chris Holder 7.16

6. Ben Cook 4.00

7. Jordan Jenkins (RS)

I swear someone said Ben Cook's average would be 3.50 in the Prem.