British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

11 hours ago, TTT said:

If Chris Holder has gone with Nicki P coming in as expected then we'll be better off tbh.

Nicki P will be committed 24/7 because he doesn't like losing in any race.

If Peterborough have any ambitions of even being a competitive team in 2023 they need both Holder and Pedersen 

Edited by scoobydoo

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Peterborough have any amitions of even being a competitive team in 2023 they need both Holder and Pedersen 

Someone has suggested a team of Pedersen Iversen Tungate Basso Andersen Cook & Jenkins.....that's competitive IMO.

I genuinely think you are better off without Holder, I suspect he would be doctoring his average for a future Poole return.

• Like 1

If I were MT I would've pulled my sponsorship at that point personally.  I just hope he gets his hands solely on the club with his team asap.

In the meantime if panthers lineup as mentioned above that's a team good enough to win every home meeting and will take the heat off of buster. 

Us fans need to keep asking the questions and not let it rest.

Pedersen

Andersen

Tungate

Basso 

NKI

Cook 

Jenkins 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Peterborough have any amitions of even being a competitive team in 2023 they need both Holder and Pedersen 

A top 4 of Nicki, NKI, Basso & Tungate with Ben Cook at reserve will see us challenging for honours imo.

We just wouldn't lose at Home with that top 4 and we'd rack up the Bonus Points too considering the margins we'd win by at Home. 

There needs to be some context to this whole situation. 

While Tomlin wants to build his 'winning team' what is he wanting in return? Gate receipts? Other sponsor finances etc. 

I just can't see Tomlin wanting to outlay the signing on fees & wages for 3 of the 4 rider's from Iversen, Pedersen, Tungate, Holder without returns. 

Buster, who owns the club, is responsible for stadium rents & match day bills, i.e. electric, track, fuel, tyres etc. How does Buster recover his finances? 

100%, the EoES bills & Tomlin's team cannot be covered by gate receipts alone. 

I just think we're at a situation of stalemate between the 2 parties, in the fact that Buster (rightly so) is not willing to take losses. It's at the point that Tomlin will have to buy the club for what Buster wants or put together a weakened team so 1 or both don't end up with significant losses. 

If Tomlin doesn't buy now, Buster knows he's getting no return from Peterborough Panthers come the end of the 2023 season. An 'absolute' total loss from his initial takeover. So for the 2023 season Buster will want some return himself. Again, (rightly so) Buster has every right to be sure that the team & stadium costs are covered without significant loss. 

10 hours ago, TTT said:

If Chris Holder has gone with Nicki P coming in as expected then we'll be better off tbh.

Nicki P will be committed 24/7 because he doesn't like losing in any race.

True ...he doesn't  give an inch usually..

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

There needs to be some context to this whole situation. 

While Tomlin wants to build his 'winning team' what is he wanting in return? Gate receipts? Other sponsor finances etc. 

I just can't see Tomlin wanting to outlay the signing on fees & wages for 3 of the 4 rider's from Iversen, Pedersen, Tungate, Holder without returns. 

Buster, who owns the club, is responsible for stadium rents & match day bills, i.e. electric, track, fuel, tyres etc. How does Buster recover his finances? 

100%, the EoES bills & Tomlin's team cannot be covered by gate receipts alone. 

I just think we're at a situation of stalemate between the 2 parties, in the fact that Buster (rightly so) is not willing to take losses. It's at the point that Tomlin will have to buy the club for what Buster wants or put together a weakened team so 1 or both don't end up with significant losses. 

If Tomlin doesn't buy now, Buster knows he's getting no return from Peterborough Panthers come the end of the 2023 season. An 'absolute' total loss from his initial takeover. So for the 2023 season Buster will want some return himself. Again, (rightly so) Buster has every right to be sure that the team & stadium costs are covered without significant loss. 

He has someone willing to take that club on full time. Including any potential losses.  MT believes his team is expensive but would get the money back and more in gate receipts 

Edited by Flappy

The calm before the storm.

Speedway Star Day tomorrow where we should get plenty of news.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cambpanther said:

Freddie at 1 a better option :party:

He would but said no

30 minutes ago, TTT said:

The calm before the storm.

Speedway Star Day tomorrow where we should get plenty of news.

If they've salvaged the team by adding Pedersen and Tungate then we'll have a good season. 

If however they're well under the limit to track a team then I'm afraid they need to get both barrels 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Flappy said:

If I were MT I would've pulled my sponsorship at that point personally.  I just hope he gets his hands solely on the club with his team asap.

In the meantime if panthers lineup as mentioned above that's a team good enough to win every home meeting and will take the heat off of buster. 

Us fans need to keep asking the questions and not let it rest.

Pedersen

Andersen

Tungate

Basso 

NKI

Cook 

Jenkins 

So have you heard some whispers as well then about MT withdrawing some of his sponsorship 

15 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

So have you heard some whispers as well then about MT withdrawing some of his sponsorship 

He hasn't as yet from what I'm aware and has been given a new title at the club which will be announced soon. Sounds like appeasement to me but he's still very keen, in fact keener than I would be 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

He has someone willing to take that club on full time. Including any potential losses.  MT believes his team is expensive but would get the money back and more in gate receipts 

I’m with you on this, can’t understand why buster (if he is the issue) wouldn’t allow tomlin more free rein. Stand more of a chance getting some money back with a decent title chasing team rather than a 2 man team like last year. If it were me I’d take pedersen over holder and he would generate more through the gate than holder. Buster just needs to stop making things awkward going by what I’ve been reading on here. 

Grateful for him stepping in to help the club out but he needs to go. As previously mentioned by someone else this sounds like a repeat of what he did to Ged before with regards to team building. 

Goes as far too say about how fantastic the supporters are at Peterborough and wishing he had that at Lynn  (2021 season) then last year basically sh*ts all over the fans and keeps us all in the dark. 

Is tomlin the man to take Peterborough forward and save us so to speak…? I’m certainly inclined too think so and the sooner the better 

• Like 1