British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

On 12/31/2022 at 11:58 AM, TTT said:

If it's Andersen & Worrall then we finish stone last

On 1/7/2023 at 7:28 AM, Carpman said:

Maybe Ipswich fans will get to see Emil at Foxhall early season after all or maybe not. 

They will indeed old bean. 

On 1/7/2023 at 6:28 PM, BassoRacingFan said:

I've already ordered my season ticket, Emil on his own is worth the price.

On 1/10/2023 at 6:27 PM, TINYS said:

What Emil deal just rumours i think.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:21 PM, TINYS said:

He was never there it was just the rumour mongerer's in full swing.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:24 PM, Call me wolfie said:

I think it’s been established that Emil won’t be riding in the UK

On 1/21/2023 at 3:30 PM, TINYS said:

What Emil deal don't think there is one it's just rumours.

On 1/21/2023 at 5:32 PM, Call me wolfie said:

It’s a little bit more than red tape though isn’t it, will take a minor miracle to allow him to ride here in my opinion.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:19 AM, Arch Stanton said:

No. 

On 1/22/2023 at 12:02 PM, Call me wolfie said:

Deluded

On 1/22/2023 at 2:32 PM, Arch Stanton said:

So if it isn’t just red tape what else do you think it is, Wolfie? 

On 1/22/2023 at 3:04 PM, Steve Irving said:

Nothing deluded about it! You’re hoping it’s delusion because the ONLY set of fans that want Sayfutdinov here are Ipswich supporters. All this “I really hope he does come cos it’s great for our league but I just can’t see it” is complete b0llocks that most of us can see right through! 

Whether you or Tinywhatshisface from 6 finger land who continues to stick his fingers in his ears and go blah blah blah and pretend it’s all still rumour with no substance, the fact is that Louis is actively trying to get this deal done. 

Whether he’s ultimately successful is neither here nor there and won’t prove you or anyone else who maintains he’s “definitely not coming” right. Louis will know more than you on what this deal needs to get over the line, and the fact he’s still actively pursuing it tells you that he believes he can get it done. If it was black and white with little to no chance he would have moved on to someone else, that is currently NOT the case. 

On 1/22/2023 at 3:12 PM, Steve Irving said:

He does. He knows every single detail, every single obstacle, and yet still believes he can get it done. Old Wolfie knows better though obviously!

On 1/22/2023 at 3:22 PM, Panthers70 said:

Yes, our government will never let him ride over based on their stance in other sports.

Louis is deluded if he thinks any different

On 1/22/2023 at 6:22 PM, Call me wolfie said:

More like a brick wall I would say

On 1/22/2023 at 6:40 PM, Call me wolfie said:

Maybe there isn’t anyone else hence why he’s still desperately trying to get this one done. Good luck to him, he’ll need it.

On 1/23/2023 at 5:41 PM, Arch Stanton said:

They’re chasing hard after Emil Sayfutdinov. It’s not fake, it’s not rumour, they’re not leaking false information, they’re trying. May well be unsuccessful and if I was a betting man I’d probably lean on the side of that being the case, but it isn’t some elaborate ruse. 

On 1/23/2023 at 6:38 PM, Panthers70 said:

"I believe in miracles" by Hot Chocolate is the song more applicable to some Ipswich fans.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:19 PM, TINYS said:

Could that be yet another rumour.

Wowzers. The vaults can certainly be an unforgiving place LOL

• Like 2

Pedersen, Andersen, NKI the modern day dad's army. 

More whipper snappers around them to learn from them.

What do we think of the side then?

I don’t think it’s a bad side but it’s frustrating because it feels like we are one rider short in the engine room spots of being a very good side, an improvement on last year however…on paper 

24 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I don’t think it’s a bad side but it’s frustrating because it feels like we are one rider short in the engine room spots of being a very good side, an improvement on last year however…on paper 

It's alright but there's a lot of question marks around form and fitness. Good enough for fourth but I don't see it as league winning team. I'll be happy if they prove me wrong!

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

I think it's a good team, Ben Basso, Jordan Jenkins, Ben Cook, and even Hans Andersen should all improve their averages. Then I also think that NKI and NP will be better overall than Bomber and MPT. Richie should hopefully prosper with the experienced riders around him, he also seemed quick at Peterborough as an away rider so should only improve when riding the track regularly. Does anyone know if Rob Lyon is the team manager this year.

Edited by Pitch

14 minutes ago, Pitch said:

I think it's a good team, Ben Basso, Jordan Jenkins, Ben Cook, and even Hans Andersen should all improve their averages. Then I also think that NKI and NP will be better overall than Bomber and MPT. Richie should hopefully prosper with the experienced riders around him, he also seemed quick at Peterborough as an away rider so should only improve when riding the track regularly. 

Its not a bad team ....theres worse....if its Nicky he will be good entertainment...He should  do well ...Not so stronger league  than poland ...

2 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

It's a good team, I personally think Worrall will be moved on promptly if he doesn't perform. 

It's a stop gap signing for me 

Edited by Flappy

Prefer Matej  Zager myself.

Edited by rearingtogo

1 minute ago, Shhalewhhale said:

Instead of whom?

The so called Nicki Pedersen if the rumours are true.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

It's a good team, I personally think Worrall will be moved on promptly if he doesn't perform. 

It's a stop gap signing for me 

Last year was unacceptable not making any changes, we looked crap from the start so I hope they move a bit quicker this season if it starts heading south 

• Like 4

For reasons unknown to  us plebs they  have made an almighty balls up of the whole thing. Suspect vengeance, Busterism and retribution at the core .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

For reasons unknown to  us plebs they  have made an almighty balls up of the whole thing. Suspect vengeance, Busterism and retribution at the core .

I suspect MT  jumped the gun and went and agreed a deal with Holder behind Busters back when the club wasn't his.

My personal opinion is it’s an average side with a lot of question marks.

We’ve a bang average second string, could of done with tungate I feel especially the way he rides the showground.

Concerns regarding fitness of Nicki and the ever unlucky Niels who seems too be injured several times a season.

Will Hans continue too slump massively or not?

I think basso will be fine and will benefit from having nicki and Niels in the team, would expect at the least his average too remain the same if not increase. 

Jenkins and Ben Cook should chip in. 

Overall a very mixed bag from me, I think Hans and Worrall will let us down form wise and potentially Niels if the unfortunate injury curse strikes.

If nothing else at least we can watch pedersen entertain with some near scrapes I’m sure