British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

33 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

Prefer Matej  Zager myself.

Prefer Zagar to who?

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I suspect MT  jumped the gun and went and agreed a deal with Holder behind Busters back when the club wasn't his.

Buster  will wreak retribution whatever, such is the DNA of Buster??IMO

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

My personal opinion is it’s an average side with a lot of question marks.

We’ve a bang average second string, could of done with tungate I feel especially the way he rides the showground.

Concerns regarding fitness of Nicki and the ever unlucky Niels who seems too be injured several times a season.

Will Hans continue too slump massively or not?

I think basso will be fine and will benefit from having nicki and Niels in the team, would expect at the least his average too remain the same if not increase. 

Jenkins and Ben Cook should chip in. 

Overall a very mixed bag from me, I think Hans and Worrall will let us down form wise and potentially Niels if the unfortunate injury curse strikes.

If nothing else at least we can watch pedersen entertain with some near scrapes I’m sure 

Pedersen looks as fit as a fiddle on Instagram. 

Any speedway rider can get injured so worrying about what may happen is silly.

I expect Basso to kick on further this season

I agree with you on Worrall but expect him to be moved on if he struggles 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Flappy said:

It's a good team, I personally think Worrall will be moved on promptly if he doesn't perform. 

It's a stop gap signing for me 

I don't think Worrall will be moved on, He had a good season and is a consistent rider, more reliable than his brother in my opinion. 

I see this is on the Premiership 2023 confirmed signings thread on this Forum.

Screenshot_20230227-142126_Chrome.jpg

51 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think Worrall will be moved on, He had a good season and is a consistent rider, more reliable than his brother in my opinion. 

I disagree  there ...Think Steve is more reliable  than Richie....and Steve will be at no 2 for wolves .Gets to ride in heat 8 then ...

27 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

I disagree  there ...Think Steve is more reliable  than Richie....and Steve will be at no 2 for wolves .Gets to ride in heat 8 then ...

Most would agree Steve has more ability but last year there averages were very close, I would certainly back Richie to do well at Peterborough, the track should suit him. 

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Most would agree Steve has more ability but last year there averages were very close, I would certainly back Richie to do well at Peterborough, the track should suit him. 

Not alot in them both really.....both steady and reliable 6 to 7 points a meeting ...

Whether Pedersen in or out at best a mediocre team. Clearly we do not know what went on behind the scenes and as Tomalin the Money  Man , difficult not to conclude that Buster revenge and retribution at the core.   As always stuff the fans 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Not alot in them both really.....both steady and reliable 6 to 7 points a meeting ...

I certainly don't see either of them losing their place in their respective teams. 

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Pedersen looks as fit as a fiddle on Instagram. 

Any speedway rider can get injured so worrying about what may happen is silly.

I expect Basso to kick on further this season

I agree with you on Worrall but expect him to be moved on if he struggles 

I’m merely saying that it’s unfortunately more likely that Niels is likely to get injured thus creating an issue, I’m not actively worrying that someone may get hurt it goes hand in hand unfortunately. So I think less of the silly 

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Personally think Richie has more skill on the bike but Steve more focused and consistent 

• Like 1

I'm confident that we'll make play-offs because we're certainly better than Leicester, KL & Wolves, We just need the one mid-season change to give us a strong chance in the play-offs imo. 

Nicki P has been training hard in Dubai this winter so he's not over here just for an easy pay day.

It was looking bleak at one stage with NKI at 1 along with Worrall & Andersen which would've made us favourites for the wooden spoon but we've managed to come up smelling of roses after the long team building process.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1