British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

So Peterborough will be gone. Edinburgh maybe as well next year, mildenhall possibly as well. Birmingham could possibly and no sign of any other clubs coming back? God this is dreadful..BSPA what are doing about this..

And CVS said earlier this year if there hadn't been an extra team in the league this season he would have pulled Wolves.But unlike Peterborough(if the Showground is no more)we would still have a track to race on.So it would need looking for someone to purchase the club lock,stock and barrel.                         Sudden Sam has been mentioned in the past.Also,CVS and Adams are now both in their 70,s and can't go on forever.                              

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
Added more .

Fair to say that everyone has to take the blame for this winter, Management haven't been on the same page, Awful decisions have been taken whether it's branding, rider signings etc.

Buster hasn't covered himself in glory by thwarting Tomalin's side, Tomalin hasn't covered himself in glory by making promises and statements that he can't keep or back up.

It's just one big mess at the end of the day and it's a shame that we're going out on a negative note rather than a positive one like Swindon did a few years back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

So Peterborough will be gone. Edinburgh maybe as well next year, mildenhall possibly as well. Birmingham could possibly and no sign of any other clubs coming back? God this is dreadful..BSPA what are doing about this..

Let's not be surprised! Speedway has been rapidly going to the dogs for years. Poorly run by those in authority and promoters who by their own admission, have watched it get this state without doing sod all about it. Rugby league was going the same way a few years ago, but it was revamped and taken over by people who cared about the sport and its now thriving. 

Possibly to late for Speedway unfortunately. It needed a revamp years ago, but was and still is just plodding along with track closures becoming more regular, falling attendances and no sign bringing it in line with other popular sports. 

I forecast in less than 10 years that there will be only one league running in this country with possible 10 or less teams.

Sad, but fact !!

• Like 3

The statement is a grim read for any speedway fan, let alone Peterborough supporters. A huge shame.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sully said:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the holder situation, you would have to think after investing a load of money into the club and getting holder lined up to then have that vetoed, followed by his replacement calling it quits after not completing a lap, MT couldn’t really be blamed for walking away. 

Everything is Busters fault you know:unsure:. Now it's Buster fault that you might shut down at the end of the season now that MT has not come good.. Come on.. Billy Big Spuds promised so much, got way ahead of himself (Agreed a deal with Holder) and not delivered.. Hasn't he just bought a 26 acre site ?   If i was Buster i'd walk now  and have one goodbye meeting, with all the stick he is getting.... All he is going to get is slagged off all season, for what....

53 minutes ago, stewmac said:

That ranks as one of the most ridiculous comments ever posted on this forum. 

Well it comes from the most ridiculous person on here.

It's so so sad..I do fear 

12 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Let's not be surprised! Speedway has been rapidly going to the dogs for years. Poorly run by those in authority and promoters who by their own admission, have watched it get this state without doing sod all about it. Rugby league was going the same way a few years ago, but it was revamped and taken over by people who cared about the sport and its now thriving. 

Possibly to late for Speedway unfortunately. It needed a revamp years ago, but was and still is just plodding along with track closures becoming more regular, falling attendances and no sign bringing it in line with other popular sports. 

I forecast in less than 10 years that there will be only one league running in this country with possible 10 or less teams.

Sad, but fact !!

Yep I can see that happening..one league with national League riders plus a few championships riders. Low costs..

There is a very nice ex Speedway track, recently shaled sat right between Peterborough and Coventry. Just under an hour from each and untapped potential from Northampton. Surprising no one has had a look at Braefield. 

• Like 1

Just now, FishersGate said:

It's so so sad..I do fear 

Yep I can see that happening..one league with national League riders plus a few championships riders. Low costs..

If the sport is watered down any more, it will not be worth going.

The impression I'm getting is that BSPA don't even care? I mean, they can't run clubs themselves but surely need to revamp EVERYTHING in speedway to make it work. Like you lot have been saying...it's been coming for years . I've only followed the sport for a few years and I haven't seen anything like it. It's literally decades behind every other sport. I took my partner for first time last season to a meeting and she said it was like being in a time machine and she was transported to the 19th century.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Everything is Busters fault you know:unsure:. Now it's Buster fault that you might shut down at the end of the season now that MT has not come good.. Come on.. Billy Big Spuds promised so much, got way ahead of himself (Agreed a deal with Holder) and not delivered.. Hasn't he just bought a 26 acre site ?   If i was Buster i'd walk now  and have one goodbye meeting, with all the stick he is getting.... All he is going to get is slagged off all season, for what....

Have to agree.

I'll hold my hands up that I've been one of the most vocal when it comes to blaming Buster but it's clear as day now that Tomalin has made promises that he can't keep so he's got to take 50% of the blame as well, I'll hold my hands up and admit when I'm wrong rather than staying silent like a coward.

All the new era talk and the rebranding to the purple colours with no guaranteed future after 6 Months is purely on Tomalin because the colour scheme ties in with his car company and that's some Comedy Central / UKTV Gold rubbish to me.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

There is a very nice ex Speedway track, recently shaled sat right between Peterborough and Coventry. Just under an hour from each and untapped potential from Northampton. Surprising no one has had a look at Braefield. 

Northampton Nasties here we goo..

5 minutes ago, TTT said:

Have to agree.

I'll hold my hands up that I've been one of the most vocal when it comes to blaming Buster but it's clear as day now that Tomalin has made promises that he can't keep so he's got to take 50% of the blame as well, I'll hold my hands up and admit when I'm wrong rather than staying silent like a coward.

All the new era talk and the rebranding to the purple colours with no guaranteed future after 6 Months is purely on Tomalin because the colour scheme ties in with his car company and that's some Comedy Central / UKTV Gold rubbish to me.

Well thank you.. :t: If i had any hair i would of been pulling it out weeks ago trying to get my point across;)..  Very sad times for speedway reading that statement:unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke