British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Just now, Flappy said:

All winter in should have been Worrall or Andersen at 2 but not both.  

Worrall will have nights like this evening where as Hans will be more consistent everywhere but maybe lower scores than Worrall on a good night 

Hans was awful tonight. Shutting off half way down the straight. Would never have believed he used to ride for Leicester. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sully said:

Hans was awful tonight. Shutting off half way down the straight. Would never have believed he used to ride for Leicester. 

He's a pale shadow of what he used to be sadly 

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

What did he say ? 

That Nicki Pedersen had let them all down 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know Worrall likes Leicester.. People was on his case after scoring 4 in his first meeting.. He's a 6 point rider :rolleyes:

2 meetings in...

Hans 5.77

Basso 6.50

NKI 6.90

RW 7.20

Give the team 4 meetings and see what you end up with.

Panthers fans spitting their dummy out after 1 meeting over RW. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I know Worrall likes Leicester.. People was on his case after scoring 4 in his first meeting.. He's a 6 point rider :rolleyes:

2 meetings in...

Hans 5.77

Basso 6.50

NKI 6.90

RW 7.20

Give the team 4 meetings and see what you end up with.

4 meetings is a long while in this league 

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

4 meetings is a long while in this league 

Its the same for every rider.

12 minutes ago, Flappy said:

All winter it should have been Worrall or Andersen at 2 but not both.  

Worrall will have nights like this evening where as Hans will be more consistent everywhere but maybe lower scores than Worrall on a good night 

Same thoughts here.

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Just don't expect it from any of the Danes though, especially if they want to be in the world cup team! 

Very true.

Huge respect to Richie for saying what everyone's actually thinking but like you said the Danes will have to keep quiet if they want in on the WC.

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

Very true.

Huge respect to Richie for saying what everyone's actually thinking but like you said the Danes will have to keep quiet if they want in on the WC.

Yes, as proven by Basso's pre-meeting interview ;)

18 minutes ago, Flappy said:

All winter it should have been Worrall or Andersen at 2 but not both.  

But Buster was slaughtered after the first meeting after Worrall scored 4. No one mentioned Hans. Just slagging Buster off for signing RW.  Now looks like MT was chatting rubbish  about buying the club a re locating it.. i don't think RW will be your worst rider average wise. Poor old Buster.. We will see:)

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

But Buster was slaughtered after the first meeting after Worrall scored 4. No one mentioned Hans. Just slagging Buster off for signing RW.  Now looks like MT was chatting rubbish  about buying the club a re locating it.. i don't think RW will be your worst rider average wise. Poor old Buster.. We will see:)

Worrall did all that he could in that first home meeting considering he faced Doyle and Emil in 2 of his rides, i made that point at the time. Glad he had a good night tonight

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

I often wonder why team managers very rarely swap the riding order around based on the opposition or track they are racing on. The anti- Richie Worrall crowd are almost suggesting Richie only did well because he's a Leicester track expert.

So why didn't Peterborough use that to their advantage by swapping riders around? If Peterborough's riding order is based on having the stronger second string (Basso) at 4, why not swap them around so the stronger second string at Leicester (Worrall) rode at 4? Or they could've put Richie at 2 so he'd get his r/r in heat 13 (or put NKI at 2 & RW at 5, so they'd both still be in heat 13?). I find it a tad dull that 90% of team managers make no changes match to match!

Look at Wolves, Nicholls at Monmore Green vs away is a very different rider, but they've just stuck him in Luke Becker's team spot & as far as I can tell put no real thought into it?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

How would people feel about a new number 1 only riding home matches?

This would keep crowds at the Showground healthy, but it would mean no facility for away matches.

No way hardly fair on the rider who has to cover theaway meetings