British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Michael Tomalin is a main sponsor but not a promoter of the club 

Then why was he was announced as being a Co Promoter before the season started has he resigned from that role now then  

DO NOT question our Carl.... he's put thousands of pounds into the club.

Because no one else has ever brought season tickets or tickets for meetings, sponsored riders etc 

36 minutes ago, TTT said:

Our promotion need to hire a PR manager because they're not good when it comes to communicating with the fans.

The fans have every right to call them out.

Esp when it comes from certain individuals who are not whiter than white 

Another one from Carl Johnson and quite possibly the worst comment yet: 

“It’s simple, instead of slagging clubs off get down and help them survive….but I forgot your £22 a week runs a club. I’m sure you have put all your efforts into helping your local tracks survive over the years.”

What a way to speak to your paying supporters. Basically saying even our £22 isn’t good enough! What are these clowns on?

Edited by TheSmiler
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Ha where are these coming from?

A group called “Speedway Friends” on Facebook.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Then why was he was announced as being a Co Promoter before the season started has he resigned from that role now then  

I've heard that he hasn't paid his sponsor money. Or only a fraction of it. Sadly It's a bloody mess. 

As an Oxford fan who was starved of speedway for 14 years , be thankful that you are at least still running this year and get behind the club in any way you can to help .  It will be a travesty if it goes , but I can’t help thinking if I were involved in the club how depressed I would feel reading some of the comments . The club needs you more now than when they were winning ..!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

Another one from Carl Johnson and quite possibly the worst comment yet: 

“It’s simple, instead of slagging clubs off get down and help them survive….but I forgot your £22 a week runs a club. I’m sure you have put all your efforts into helping your local tracks survive over the years.”

What a way to speak to your paying supporters. Basically saying even our £22 isn’t good enough! What are these clowns on?

I'll take it as genuine, as you wouldn't be silly enough to post it as a quote. There is so much wrong with the club, it's bloody sad. I hope he's there on Monday and someone has a chat to him about his comments.. Or he addresses the crowd to answer to it.

Scott Campos has said.......

"Daniel, as you know, I'm friends with Dale and will defend him, sometimes out of loyalty granted but on this one he had nothing to do with team building at Peterborough for this season as all of that was taken over by others now involved with Peterborough". 

Reading between the lines it looked like Carl and MT were given the job of picking the team?. Fair enough, but Buster must of given them a budget to work on. If either of them didn't know Holder was a no go i'd be gobsmacked.. Apart from Holder/Batch, i doubt if Buster would have a problem if the team was within  budget?. Then you have MT promising the world, and delivered nothing as yet. The word is is that he hasn't paid his sponsor money either.? Now Johnson giving it the big un to the fans :cry:

The riders must be peed off as well, no wonder they not doing well. The whole thing is a proper mess from top to bottom :nono:

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

I guess we've been told another lie.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Please tell me Carl Johnson hasn't said that 

He has unfortunately.

42 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'll take it as genuine, as you wouldn't be silly enough to post it as a quote. There is so much wrong with the club, it's bloody sad. I hope he's there on Monday and someone has a chat to him about

Reading between the lines it looked like Carl and MT were given the job of picking the team?. Fair enough, but Buster must of given them a budget to work on. If either of them didn't know Holder was a no go i'd be gobsmacked.. Apart from Holder/Batch, i doubt if Buster would have a problem if the team was within  budget?

See this is the issue from my understanding they were told they could do it and sign who they want 

40 minutes ago, Flappy said:

See this is the issue from my understanding they were told they could do it and sign who they want 

Buster actually told him he could sign Chris Holder ?? Theres anyone, and the anyone including Chris Holder ;) 

Edited by Bald Bloke

“seems to me we are down to two absolute plonkers time to make a difference pal”

Cheers MT. Yet more great comments! They certainly won’t be getting a single penny from me ever again.