British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

I'd be careful though with who you sling mud at based on speculation on here..what if this guy turns out to be the saviour of the club?

He may very well be, But in future I shall wait for the promises to be delivered first instead of jumping the gun by buying into everything because it's all backfired so far.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TTT said:

I'm not buying it, I fell for it the first time round buying into the Tomalin hype train and I'm not getting suckered in again.

I can't make up excuse for Tomalin anymore because he's literally gone from promising the world all the way down to telling lies in regards to rider availability followed by having a go at any Panthers fan who dares to criticise the club.

Talked us up like we're Manchester City in the winter who's going for trophies only for us to end up like Southampton.

I also believed his hype as I backed out of a £100 bet on Panthers winning the league, he offered it out..... on facebook as it happens, should have seen this coming for the poor old Panthers :blink:   its a farce at the end of the day, more so than the time Mick Poole attempted to dump Exeter out of the 4's back in 1989/1990 by slowing down to let a Berwick rider through to knock Exeter out of the Semi Finals.... later in the meeting his engine blew up at the most crucial moment in the final, tosser :rofl:

24 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

I'd be careful though with who you sling mud at based on speculation on here..what if this guy turns out to be the saviour of the club?

Busters had plenty slung at him. If MT does come good, he's fooked this season up already. Has he not?

Edited by Bald Bloke

37 minutes ago, TTT said:

I'm not buying it, I fell for it the first time round buying into the Tomalin hype train and I'm not getting suckered in again.

I can't make up excuse for Tomalin anymore because he's literally gone from promising the world all the way down to telling lies in regards to rider availability followed by having a go at any Panthers fan who dares to criticise the club.

Talked us up like we're Manchester City in the winter who's going for trophies only for us to end up like Southampton.

There are some that still will, because they are s*it scared , in case  they p*ss him off and he don't do sod all in the future. Bit like he's doing now.

59 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I also believed his hype as I backed out of a £100 bet on Panthers winning the league, he offered it out..... on facebook as it happens, should have seen this coming for the poor old Panthers :blink:   its a farce at the end of the day, more so than the time Mick Poole attempted to dump Exeter out of the 4's back in 1989/1990 by slowing down to let a Berwick rider through to knock Exeter out of the Semi Finals.... later in the meeting his engine blew up at the most crucial moment in the final, tosser :rofl:

I saw that, Didn't realise you was the person he offered the bet too though.

6 hours ago, TTT said:

I have my fingers crossed but normally these situations don't end well.

True, but at least it's out in the open and we have something to work with to make AEPG/PCC work for it.

The immediate concern would be k. The facility is demonstrably no longer fit for purpose and the site is not viable to be
redeveloped for a new community facility;

Peterborough Speedway will be left in perfect working order after the last meeting of the 2023 season, as it is every year before it's readied in 6 months or so for the following season, so if anything happens to make it unfit for purpose then that would require some serious questions, unless the yet to be seen planning application is favourable to us.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Busters had plenty slung at him. If MT does come good, he's fooked this season up already. Has he not?

Probably why Buster released a statement today clarifying everything once and for all.

47 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

There are some that still will, because they are s*it scared , in case  they p*ss him off and he don't do sod all in the future. Bit like he's doing now.

I agree, Obviously he's our last hope to keep the club alive so we've got to keep him sweet but he's digging himself a hole now and all of the talk is finally starting to bite him on the a**e now.

Saying nobody is available due to Poland and riders not wanting to ride in the UK and then Artem Laguta shows up down the A47 after all of the pre-season title challenge hype is only going to go down one way.

I won't bad mouth the guy, But in future I'll just sit back and wait for things to actually be delivered instead of buying into everything he sells 24/7 as it's all gone horribly wrong so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

KEITH Chapman has moved to clarify his position as owner of both King’s Lynn and Peterborough Speedway amidst rumours of rider movement at various Sports Insure Premiership clubs.

Chapman retains his promoter’s licence at King’s Lynn but has confirmed the day-to-day running of the club, and financial affairs, are in the hands of others.

He is also the owner of Peterborough where work continues to fill the position vacated by Nicki Pedersen who left the club after one meeting.

Chapman said: “I’ve been reading plenty of comments over recent days and I think it’s important to lay out clearly what the situation is.

“I no longer have any financial involvement in King’s Lynn Speedway, and whilst I still hold a promoter’s licence there, this will be my last season in that role and I’ve made that clear to everyone.

“All of the financial and team matters at King’s Lynn are taken on by Alex Brady and Dale Allitt, although obviously I still have responsibility for the stadium.

“I do still own the club, it hasn’t been sold yet, but the funding is not coming from me this year.

“At Peterborough everyone knows the problems we have faced, and it was me who did the deal with Nicki Pedersen to race at No.1, which unfortunately went wrong after one race.

“Since then we’ve been looking for a replacement, and trying to book the best guests we can under the circumstances.

“It hasn’t always worked but we had Max Fricke lined up for a meeting that was rained off, and I paid for Dan Bewley to guest on Monday in a meeting against King’s Lynn, so there’s no question of me making decisions to favour one club over the other.

“The team and financial decisions at King’s Lynn are completely separate from me now, and of course I still desperately want Peterborough to survive beyond this season.

“I just want to make it totally clear that the two clubs are not being run by the same person with one being prioritised over the other.”

So is Kings Lynn up for sale (paragraph 7 above) or am i reading it wrong.

16 minutes ago, TINYS said:

So is Kings Lynn up for sale (paragraph 7 above) or am i reading it wrong.

The promotion i guess your referring to? At a guess i'd say that's already been sorted, or well on the way.

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, chrismorton said:

The truth is no one knows anything on here..it's all speculation so who knows who's good and bad..all we know is we are still in the s***!

Very true on both accounts . 

4 hours ago, chrismorton said:

The truth is no one knows anything on here..it's all speculation so who knows who's good and bad..all we know is we are still in the s***!

I think it's pretty clear MT hasn't delivered. Not much doubt about that one. I know he might save you one day so you have to seen to support him ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Tarasenko is a 5

Is that a bullseye for me ? We’re getting good at this ha

• Haha 1