British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

6 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

Umm,  perhaps its because Alex Brady has stepped down completely,  Dale Allitt is / was in hospital.When Buster was quoted as being promoter in name only, he was. Facts straight. Get Them 

Really wouldnt be surprised if Buster actually financed getting Laguta to Stars

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, cambpanther said:

Really wouldnt be surprised if Buster actually financed getting Laguta to Stars

I would.  Pretty much the first thing he said after Alex quit was " the team is over budget"

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cambpanther said:

So only a couple weeks ago Buster releases his usual im not to blame press release and stats he has nothing to do with kings lynn anymore other than owning stadium.

He wasn't. It was Alex Brady. He either does what he has, and step in or shut the doors. 

Then last night he appears on tv as kings lynn team manager :rofl: 

Aliit's not well. What is he supposed to do. Ask Lyon and get slagged off by you lot, or do it himself , and GET SLAGGED OFF .  

Either the guy is a idiot or he thinks we are all the idiots

No comment..

• Like 1

Is Eurosports Dave Rowe just behind with the times or in the know as last night when he did his first report and run though of the teams for the BV match, he stated Peterborough were rumoured to be looking into more changes to the team other than Tarasenko, 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Is Eurosports Dave Rowe just behind with the times or in the know as last night when he did his first report and run though of the teams for the BV match, he stated Peterborough were rumoured to be looking into more changes to the team other than Tarasenko, 

Well considering he does the Peterborough press releases I think it’s likely to be the latter.

I can’t see there being anymore team changes by what rob Lyon was saying, now buster has to fund both Lynn and pboro and he’s already saying he’s way over budget and essentially using his pension money to pay for this season, 

he needs to sell to MT but be more realistic on what it’s actually worth. 

Dont see why they can't look to bring in another rider on a similar money outlay to Hans unless hes riding for free what about Ben Barker hes available now

Edited by scoobydoo

Now is the time for Tomalin to strike (If he wants to buy the club still) because he holds all the cards.

You can basically push Buster into a corner now that he's going to be massively out of pocket by having to pay for the KL riders too.

Tomalin can offer Buster a take it or leave it deal, Crank up the pressure to the maximum, Either accept my offer and cut your losses now or I'll walk away like Brady and your financial losses will become even greater.

Even Buster wouldn't be stubborn enough to stick to his asking price considering the financial mess he's going to get himself into unless things change.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Now is the time for Tomalin to strike (If he wants to buy the club still) because he holds all the cards.

You can basically push Buster into a corner now that he's going to be massively out of pocket by having to pay for the KL riders too.

Tomalin can offer Buster a take it or leave it deal, Crank up the pressure to the maximum, Either accept my offer and cut your losses now or I'll walk away like Brady and your financial losses will become even greater.

Even Buster wouldn't be stubborn enough to stick to his asking price considering the financial mess he's going to get himself into unless things change.

I genuinely don’t think he would even pay what Buster could get for the air fence and any machinery.In fact I doubt if he wants it at all. Every thing he said so far looks to have been hot air.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I genuinely don’t think he would even pay what Buster could get for the air fence and any machinery.In fact I doubt if he wants it at all. Every thing he said so far looks to have been hot air.

For me it's time buster handed it over. The club itself is worth nothing 

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

For me it's time buster handed it over. The club itself is worth nothing 

The air fence and machinery etc, must be worth,  i don't know £15k??. I don't think TM would pay that. I don't think he wants it tbh. Do you, honestly?

39 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The air fence and machinery etc, must be worth,  i don't know £15k??. I don't think TM would pay that. I don't think he wants it tbh. Do you, honestly?

Yes I do he's told me personally in the last 10 days he still wants to own it when the time is right.

The showground future for me is the stumbling block.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Yes I do he's told me personally in the last 10 days he still wants to own it when the time is right.

The showground future for me is the stumbling block.  

I can understand that. Maybe i should of said i don't think he wants it at the moment. His mistake was saying he wanted it in Dec. Not going to argue mind ;)

Your new boy looked pretty good BTW.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Still think the mortgage rate and the extra costs it entails now will work in the clubs favour with regards to the further use of the showground but time will tell

If Buster stands firm and walks away from the sport and an extension can't be agreed for the use of the Showground then how about this?

Tomalin buys King's Lynn and then merges them with Peterborough to form one team next season, Call the side Norfolk (Insert nickname) with all meetings to be held at the AFA.

Tomalin owner, Rob Lyon manager, Dale and Carl can work at the club as well as Alex Brady if he fancies returning.

Saves two clubs potentially going under then.