British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Mr I'm skint can afford a new foreign rider to the UK 

So where's panthers new signings and I don't mean Ben Barker 

• Like 3

I had the feeling that when the Kings Lynn v Panthers meeting was postponed last week, Kings Lynn were basically cheating. Their new signing just in time for both meetings next week reinforces this belief for me.

Edited by Pitch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pitch said:

I had the feeling that when the Kings Lynn v Panthers meeting was postponed last week, Kings Lynn were basically cheating. Their new signing just in time for both meetings next week reinforces this belief for me.

If there's a trick to be played Buster's your man.

I remember him feigning a heart attack at Edinburgh and the ambulance being used to take him to hospital. One of No1 (Tomas Topinka) had been delayed and that was Buster's way of holding the meeting up to give his rider a chance to get their before the meeting began  .

Edited by cinderfella
Added rider's name
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Mr I'm skint can afford a new foreign rider to the UK 

So where's panthers new signings and I don't mean Ben Barker 

He has been busy behind the scenes. He may well have someone willing to help him out  and back him,  like you have in MT, who knows. It could be one of many things. Picko and Fred should of freed up some funds, and if Emil is here with next year in mind, he might not be a dear as  people think. A deal could of been done while he gets some experience of the UK tracks. If that is the case, then that's a good deal imho.

• Haha 2

I do feel for Panthers fans you’ve had a rough season - but in Busters defence he owns kings Lynn the promotion and the stadium -Pboro he just owns the promotion and the stadiums future is up in the the air with no certainty it be available for 2024 - so if any of you was Buster what you do ? It obvious at this point he’s got to favour KL 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

I do feel for Panthers fans you’ve had a rough season - but in Busters defence he owns kings Lynn the promotion and the stadium -Pboro he just owns the promotion and the stadiums future is up in the the air with no certainty it be available for 2024 - so if any of you was Buster what you do ? It obvious at this point he’s got to favour KL 

Add to the fact if Buster signed a new rider for the Panthers, any potential new owner probably wouldn't want to pay for their contract anyway !

44 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

Add to the fact if Buster signed a new rider for the Panthers, any potential new owner probably wouldn't want to pay for their contract anyway !

Give over there's no justification for this 

58 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

No justification for what?

Playing the skint card leaving panthers with no number 1 all season and now nearly 5 points under the limit 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Playing the skint card leaving panthers with no number 1 all season and now nearly 5 points under the limit 

If Emil is on a 5, that still leaves us just almost 3 points under. But i see your point..  It seems that MT and Johnson are making it harder for Buster, instead of helping. Maybe it's a plan to try and get the club for nothing. Who knows?

Everyone is too blame.

Buster has been Buster like always (a leopard never changes it's spots) and Tomalin hasn't backed up all the pre-season talk. Both of them have allowed Holder gate to ruin the clubs potential final season.

Carl Johnson couldn't take anymore of it and eventually said it F IT I'M OFF after his enthusiasm died. 

Buster wants to con Tomalin in his attempt to purchase the club but Tomalin wants it for as cheap as possible.

I'd rather not have a club at all if it means that I don't have to put up with this BS anymore, Speedway just for the sake of it......NOT FOR ME!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Shame your rich but apparently tight fisted sponsor didn't see fit to pay out for a no1 then isnt it. Laguta was brought in by Alex Brady before he left.You got a 5pt Tarasenko( basically a ringer but that happens everywhere) , yours worked out, fred Ericsson didn't,and now lynn have signed a youngster with a view to the future.

3 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Shame your rich but apparently tight fisted sponsor didn't see fit to pay out for a no1 then isnt it. Laguta was brought in by Alex Brady before he left.You got a 5pt Tarasenko( basically a ringer but that happens everywhere) , yours worked out, fred Ericsson didn't,and now lynn have signed a youngster with a view to the future.

Yet Buster is still paying for Laguta in this over budget team 

Tarasenko isn't a ringer at all for me. 

Edited by Flappy

Conor Mountain scored 14+1 for Scunthorpe away at Redcar tonight.

Edited by Pitch
Added more detail

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

Yet Buster is still paying for Laguta in this over budget team 

Tarasenko isn't a ringer at all for me. 

Course he is.Polish extraliga rider on a 5 average, same as Fred was , but Fred didn't work out,but that's not the point. Emil Breum has been signed as an asset to replace Kye Thomson who through no fault of his own is struggling in the main body of the team  averaging 3ish and comes with a loan fee!