British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

He's still around and working in the background with others to try and save the club 

I don't know this, but I made up my own mind that this is what is going on.

You can't make this up, Bomber is riding for Leicester at Belle Vue today. Before the Peterborough meeting tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pitch said:

You can't make this up, Bomber is riding for Leicester at Belle Vue today. Before the Peterborough meeting tonight. 

Pathetic isn't it? It's hit new lows this year in the UK. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pitch said:

Thats no real difference to when Bomber rode for his then club Leicester at BV then rode for the Panthers at Wolves as a guest in the evening earlier this season .

Nick Morris also did the same 2 meetings in the one day .

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

THANKS for posting ,was the guy in yellow excluded then? seemed a bit harsh to me if he was.

i know i was expecting to see a reserve come out for Hansen, the guy on the inside caused it, 1st bend bunching my call. 

1 hour ago, Pitch said:

And he’s guesting for Peterborough tonight in place of himself because he’s cup tied :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, chrismorton said:

The crowds have been there all season though despite the crap that they've had to put up with..do you think another couple of wins might prompt someone to buy what's left of the club and fund a new stadium?..I get what you're saying but I just can't take British speedway serious anymore and I guess this makes me more comfortable with losing the club..which I'm afraid is inevitable now...but I do hope I'm wrong.

You can give up on British Speedway if you wish but don't mix that up with Peterborough Speedway's plight which isn't inevitable, even if it seems like it at the moment and the messages from management are constantly negative (unusual that because historically that charge is what's aimed at the fans). We have a stadium and if and when we move then who funds that is open to question. Part of AEPG's argument for ousting us will, allegedly, be that Panthers are poorly supported, so good to see that you disagree with that. Just remember that when asked, if you have any fight left in you for Peterborough Speedway at that point

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

Its taken a while to happen but Peterborough fans finally get to see Chris Holder riding at the showground next week for Sheffield 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Its taken a while to happen but Peterborough fans finally get to see Chris Holder riding at the showground next week for Sheffield 

I wonder what racesuit he will wear :D

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I wonder what racesuit he will wear :D

Wonder if you can dye the kevlar sections from purple and white  to yellow and blue to save money

Edited by scoobydoo

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Wonder if you can dye the kevlar sections from purple and white  to yellow and blue to save money

Worth a try - would be a shame to waste them....

8 hours ago, DazS said:

i know i was expecting to see a reserve come out for Hansen, the guy on the inside caused it, 1st bend bunching my call. 

Thought i was going mad,100% agree with you all 4 back ,but instead the poor rider in yellow got  squeezed,injured,and bike to fix!!,speedway can be cruel at times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

Thought i was going mad,100% agree with you all 4 back ,but instead the poor rider in yellow got  squeezed,injured,and bike to fix!!,speedway can be cruel at times.

yes hes got spinal injury's had a 3 hour hop yesterday also problem with lungs and Broken ankle. not good. fingers crossed for him .