British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

A little over 24 hours to go until the last ever meeting at the EoES and looking on their website you'd never get the impression that there was anything wrong, business as usual -_-

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Well he has turned down a full asking price offer so he is either stupid or has a better offer maybe from the developer ? 

From who? He says, publicly, that he hasn't. Your move. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

From who? He says, publicly, that he hasn't. Your move. 

It was from Ged Rathbone. This was what was put on Carl Johnson’s Facebook and Ged said he had offered the full asking price and it was turned down. 
the post was removed shortly afterwards. 

• Like 1

Where is Ged saying this in public? No good with the "he said this" if he isn't prepared to come out and say anything at all, it's just a rumour. As Chapman said, no offers in writing. If Ged disputes this then let's hear him. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iainb said:

A little over 24 hours to go until the last ever meeting at the EoES and looking on their website you'd never get the impression that there was anything wrong, business as usual -_-

It's not the last meeting.

Kings Lynn is still to be scheduled.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BassoRacingFan said:

It's not the last meeting.

Kings Lynn is still to be scheduled.

According to the fixture list on the Panthers website tomorrow is the last meeting

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Where is Ged saying this in public? No good with the "he said this" if he isn't prepared to come out and say anything at all, it's just a rumour. As Chapman said, no offers in writing. If Ged disputes this then let's hear him. 

I know who I believe.  Generally there are 3 sides to every story with the truth in the middle. No doubt we will know once the season is over

• Like 1

According to the fixture list on the Panthers website tomorrow is the last meeting

Kings Lynn will be the last fixture. Nice little earner for buster to sign off with. 

• Like 1

Fixture list doesn't include the pending Kings Lynn fixture. Not sure why.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, iainb said:

Fixture from 24th July was postponed yet to be run.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Fixture from 24th July was postponed yet to be run.

I would say it will be this coming Thursday (14th) as initially it was supposed to be tomorrow until the Wolves meeting was postponed 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Buster is not famous for his honesty. Pit gate and missing rider postponements. Tv meeting’s getting called off the day before and of course his antics at Edinburgh several years ago. 

Didn't say that I believed it. Just that it has as much credibility as a post on a forum. Both are lacking detail and counter argument so treat both with a pinch of salt.

14 hours ago, Sully said:

What about the consortium that Mick Bratley said on the radio had approached him about taking the club over? Or Ged looking to get the club back, with Neil Watson involved? I’ve no insider info but there seems to be enough talk around to suggest there is truth in the stories that others are keen to take the club on…..

Indeed. And that was the clever part of the article when he said: " If anyone did want to make me an offer, I wish they would have put it in writing, because I would have accepted it if it was anything sensible." - if those negotiations were only verbal and an offer price couldn't be agreed then there were no offers, despite others disputing that?

• Like 2

On 9/9/2023 at 1:03 PM, maneacat said:

WHY INDEED?   Can only assume from that he doesn’t want us to continue either at the EoES or elsewhere!  

Makes me laugh how he comes to the meetings with a big smile on his face shaking everybody's hand like he is mister popular.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hackney said:

Makes me laugh how he comes to the meetings with a big smile on his face shaking everybody's hand like he is mister popular.

Who knows , he may turn out to be Mr popular ;)