British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If you don't like reading his posts then put him on ignore, really simple.

The bloke knows nothing...If he don't i will. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, Aries said:

Chapman is no saint, not many people are. But I’m struggling to understand where the likes of you and Flappy are coming from here with regards to Keith Chapman. do you genuinely believe that Chapman has refused a cash offer to buy the club, and instead plans to just close it down for nothing out of pure spite and lose the money offered? Why would he do that? He’s a business man he’s not daft. 

You just answered that for me. Where is Ged?

21 minutes ago, TTT said:

Not having a pop at you I'm just being honest with you BB, You're the only one on this entire forum that defends Buster 24/7 which speaks volumes doesn't it? 

It's not like he's a divisive character where half of the forum loves him while the other half doesn't, In regards to Buster the criticism always out ways the positive feedback by an overwhelming margin and that's on situations that doesn't even involve anything Peterborough related either which also speaks volumes. 

At least Carl is still trying to put out a positive message by encouraging others to carry on fighting for the club like Mick Bratley has done, All Buster has done is encourage everyone to give up all hope now and don't bother typing out a simple objection letter that wouldn't take too much time out of their day and that is wrong because you still have something to fight for as it stands.

Peterborough Speedway is on life support but it's not completely dead yet, The club still has a pulse outside of Buster Chapman's brain cells if he's even got any.

PM sent......

That little speech that Chapman addressed to the speedway public doesn't sit well with me.

It's OK for him to say that the showground hierarchy have categorically said that there will be no more speedway at the showground, but surely the council will have the final say!

If they refuse planning permission then its a whole new ball game.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aries said:

Chapman is no saint, not many people are. But I’m struggling to understand where the likes of you and Flappy are coming from here with regards to Keith Chapman. do you genuinely believe that Chapman has refused a cash offer to buy the club, and instead plans to just close it down for nothing out of pure spite and lose the money offered? Why would he do that? He’s a business man he’s not daft. 

Hi Aries, hope you're well.......

I've read, and totally (I think) understood all your posts tonight........ I've seen no threats by you at all, just you urging caution that people don't libel themselves on this forum, if anything, you've been a voice of reason, not in so much as you're banging a drum, simply you seem to be saying 'people, be careful'...... I've liked the approach...... 

I'm a Panthers fan, started (?) late 70s or early 80s, NL days, Andy Hines, Richard Greer, Mick Hines, Dave Allen, Andy Buck, Ian Barney (apologies to the other legends I've missed)..... became lost to the sport, then pretty much came back due to Tai Woffinden ridiculously winning his first title....... what I'm trying to say is that when I first started watching P'bro, the EOES was almost rural, just off the A1, nearest houses probably in Alwalton...... over the years, P'bro has spread massively, so that now it's a proper part of the city.... and in my eyes, therein lies the problem............... 

I personally don't think it's impossible that KC has met developers, and they've said, 'we'll make it worth your while to go quietly'..... it might be highly improbable, but not impossible........ and any potential (ahem) future sponsorship of KL would be worth significantly more than selling an air fence, a name, a couple of tractors... developers have a lot of cash........ 

I guess people like ourselves will never know the full truth..... and so the claims will always carry on....

Cheers 

Edited to add that I forgot the Aussies..... Mick Poole, Ron Schliebs, Craig Hodgson (RIP)... plus the others....

Edited by JC71
I forgot the Aussies

1 hour ago, Sir Sidney said:

With all due respect to Keith Chapman, perhaps he could provide his analysis of why he thinks all the protestations in the world won't make a difference. 

If he did people could then make a judgement 

Indeed, that message tonight was as subtle as a train wreck and delivered with as much grace as you'd expect when Chapman is announced to be on the mic.

AEPG may not wish to negotiate with him but lobbying councillors/MPs etc and keeping the pressure up on PCC and the Showground planning proposals still has the potential to do plenty of damage to them. The truth will out" - Chapman did mention petitions wouldn't work and with the change.org one that's true, but if a PCC one does get off the ground then that's a whole different ball game. I also don't seem to recall Chapman encouraging supporters to get their objections in on both planning applications. Did I miss that bit?

Until AEPG get those proposals approved then much is still up for grabs as they are not meeting LP36 & 30 and we have yet to see their reasoning for ignoring the local plan. PCC will have had to have caved in to their reasoning so it will be interesting to see.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aries said:

With all due respect to Mick Bratley, maybe he’s not privy to the information Keith Chapman has and so doesn’t know he’s wasting his time? Again I don’t know that’s the case and fair play to Mick he clearly loves his club and his Speedway. Maybe Keith Chapman has the information that all the protestations in the world won’t make a jot of difference and he’s effectively pi**ing in the wind?

Mick Bratley wouldn't be wasting his time if he didn't know what was going on. He certainly doesn't p*** in the wind.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Hi Aries, hope you're well.......

I've read, and totally (I think) understood all your posts tonight........ I've seen no threats by you at all, just you urging caution that people don't libel themselves on this forum, if anything, you've been a voice of reason, not in so much as you're banging a drum, simply you seem to be saying 'people, be careful'...... I've liked the approach...... 

I'm a Panthers fan, started (?) late 70s or early 80s, NL days, Andy Hines, Richard Greer, Mick Hines, Dave Allen, Andy Buck, Ian Barney (apologies to the other legends I've missed)..... became lost to the sport, then pretty much came back due to Tai Woffinden ridiculously winning his first title....... what I'm trying to say is that when I first started watching P'bro, the EOES was almost rural, just off the A1, nearest houses probably in Alwalton...... over the years, P'bro has spread massively, so that now it's a proper part of the city.... and in my eyes, therein lies the problem............... 

I personally don't think it's impossible that KC has met developers, and they've said, 'we'll make it worth your while to go quietly'..... it might be highly improbable, but not impossible........ and any potential (ahem) future sponsorship of KL would be worth significantly more than selling an air fence, a name, a couple of tractors... developers have a lot of cash........ 

I guess people like ourselves will never know the full truth..... and so the claims will always carry on....

Cheers 

Edited to add that I forgot the Aussies..... Mick Poole, Ron Schliebs, Craig Hodgson (RIP)... plus the others....

That’s very kind of you, thank you. I suspect you’re correct, between claims and counter claims we’ll probably never know the full truth. At least in Wolves’ situation the fans have been told there definitely won’t be speedway next year, but the plan is to return in ‘25. They have that hope to cling on to. The Peterborough fans at the moment don’t even have that, it seems as though it’s a case of “that’s it” unfortunately. It needs further, fuller explanations from those involved rather than leaving the supporters with so many unanswered questions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Mick Bratley wouldn't be wasting his time if he didn't know what was going on. He certainly doesn't p*** in the wind.

Unfortunately it seems as though Keith Chapman is of a different opinion and he’s the one currently running the show. Are they fighting WITH each other and FOR each other to keep Speedway at Peterborough? Or is there more than one fight going on here?

3 minutes ago, Aries said:

That’s very kind of you, thank you. I suspect you’re correct, between claims and counter claims we’ll probably never know the full truth. At least in Wolves’ situation the fans have been told there definitely won’t be speedway next year, but the plan is to return in ‘25. They have that hope to cling on to. The Peterborough fans at the moment don’t even have that, it seems as though it’s a case of “that’s it” unfortunately. It needs further, fuller explanations from those involved rather than leaving the supporters with so many unanswered questions. 

I'd love to give a huge reply to this, articulate a massive response, but I feel, quite simply, you're 100% correct, and you've said everything that needs saying........ sad times for the whole of British Speedway...... cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMissChatterbox said:

More needs to be made of this. Why on earth would buster turn down an offer for the club when he sees no future for it…..

4 minutes ago, Sully said:

More needs to be made of this. Why on earth would buster turn down an offer for the club when he sees no future for it…..

Im sure it's no coincidence that Ged's mate Neil Watson has gone quiet on here..I'd love to know the full story as I'm sure many would...will probably read it in the ET in a couple of years..

1 minute ago, Sully said:

It makes no sense at all. We Know Neil Watson was/is also close to Ged Rathbone and has been liking posts but saying little. Perhaps, delicate negotiations are going on behind the scenes and nobody can say anything on the matter right now? Who knows. Of course nobody is entitled to know all the ins and outs on private negotiations and conversations, but there’s an awful lot of Peterborough supporters that will be hurting right now and thinking the club they love is about to die. For their sakes it needs to be resolved one way or another and full explanations need to be made when those involved are able to do so. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Aries said:

Perhaps Chapman could explain why a year go says here at 1.01 www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1285189478916248 that there is a few more years here yet but has seemingly publically done bugger all season to show that he's making an effort to save us and give us those seasons. The message at the start of the season has been that we're done for, added to that there was no explanation of why the Tomlin deal went down. The the final nail tonight though was when he sounded like the AEPG press officer.

• Like 6