British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

On 9/10/2023 at 6:08 PM, Bald Bloke said:

Thank you :). A little bit of credit, is better than  what he has had from most on here all season. That's why i have been supportive of him. Some of  the stuff is undeserved  imho..  It's not been easy for him this season, with both promoters leaving for different reasons. He was as good as retired, then had all this put on him.  I don't know what if any part he has in trying to save the Panthers if any.. If i was in his shoes i would of shut the doors when CJ jacked after the poo he was getting.

Sorry to say that after last night I have to remove that credit from your man, apologise for having a go at CJ and transfer the credit to him. CJ may not be perfect, who is, but we need some hope, not a speech that got more boos than Crazy Jack Millen and/or Cyril Crane ever did.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Could it be Chapman has actually sold the team to AEPG on the quiet making it a legal transaction rather than a brown envelope job? 

As an outsider the whole affair seems very messy

Only thing that makes sense to me, You just don't try and brainwash people into giving up all hope when planning permission hasn't even been approved.

Those were the words of a guy who simply doesn't want to fight for the clubs future, Yet everyone else associated with the club past and present does want to fight for the clubs future.

I'm just wondering how much extra money AEPG gave Buster to thwart Ged's offer for the club at this point, Was it Double? Maybe even Treble?

• Like 2

Am i missing something here... the Chapmans own Peterborough Speedway but dont own the track and are being asked to leave but he doesnt want to look for an alternative venue...

Why cant another promoter or someone else open there own Peterborough speedway, Get a site, build a track and apply for a promoters licence if they currently dont hold one already.. Why purchase when you can compete ?? 

In football you have AFC Manchester etc, Macclesfield and Bury both folded but continued under a slightly different name.. Why cant we have Peterborough Clowns or maybe if they get a site in a nearby village be that name ??

Middlesborough closed but Redacr opened, Workington closed but Workington opened !!

5 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

Am i missing something here... the Chapmans own Peterborough Speedway but dont own the track and are being asked to leave but he doesnt want to look for an alternative venue...

Why cant another promoter or someone else open there own Peterborough speedway, Get a site, build a track and apply for a promoters licence if they currently dont hold one already.. Why purchase when you can compete ?? 

In football you have AFC Manchester etc, Macclesfield and Bury both folded but continued under a slightly different name.. Why cant we have Peterborough Clowns or maybe if they get a site in a nearby village be that name ??

Middlesborough closed but Redacr opened, Workington closed but Workington opened !!

This is exactly why the sports so called ruling bodies should be getting involved. 

Chapman, from where I stand, with limited info and knowledge, is not PROMOTING speedway and could be seen to be acting against rather than preserving it and thus bringing the sport into disrepute. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Sorry to say that after last night I have to remove that credit from your man, apologise for having a go at CJ and transfer the credit to him. CJ may not be perfect, who is, but we need some hope, not a speech that got more boos than Crazy Jack Millen and/or Cyril Crane ever did.

Pity he didnt try to kick the Panther on the centre green like Cyril Crane the present one would of hurt at least, 

Crazy Jack what a character he was , spent seasons on a speedway bike then gets unfortunately killed in a car crash .

Edited by scoobydoo

23 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

But Crazy Jack (RIP) was a likeable bloke off track. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

The Farewell meeting announced,   

If he gets the profits from that meeting , think in a way the Panthers fans should treat Thursday as there farewell now and not bother attending that meeting 

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Crazy Jack what a character he was , spent seasons on a bike then gets himself killed in a car crash .

I pass the place Jack was killed at Grantshouse everytime I go to Berwick

19 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

The problem is that the future of Peterborough Speedway has got wrapped up in a development and planning case. If the East of England Agricultural want their legacy to be the AEPG concrete jungle without Panthers then it's the job of PCC not to be hoodwinked by the developers who have to pay for that on or off site like for like facility.

Edited by Crump99

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If he gets the profits from that meeting , think in a way the Panthers fans should treat Thursday as there farewell now and not bother attending that meeting 

He said the BSA had told him the Lynn meeting had to be run so it’s sounds like he didn’t want to do that one either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

He said the BSA had told him the Lynn meeting had to be run so it’s sounds like he didn’t want to do that one either.

We was always gonna run the meeting, we wanted to push it back to later so to stop aepg from potentially causing damage or anything, but for what ever reason the bspa need it ran before the playoffs start. Don’t know why as it makes no difference what so ever to the playoffs 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TTT said:

Not having a pop at you I'm just being honest with you BB, You're the only one on this entire forum that defends Buster 24/7 which speaks volumes doesn't it? 

It's not like he's a divisive character where half of the forum loves him while the other half doesn't, In regards to Buster the criticism always out ways the positive feedback by an overwhelming margin and that's on situations that doesn't even involve anything Peterborough related either which also speaks volumes. 

At least Carl is still trying to put out a positive message by encouraging others to carry on fighting for the club like Mick Bratley has done, All Buster has done is encourage everyone to give up all hope now and don't bother typing out a simple objection letter that wouldn't take too much time out of their day and that is wrong because you still have something to fight for as it stands.

Peterborough Speedway is on life support but it's not completely dead yet, The club still has a pulse outside of Buster Chapman's brain cells if he's even got any.

I'll try to explain.. Trying to get my point across has never been my strong point... I struggle with it. :unsure:

I have stuck up for Buster this season on most things regarding the fallout with a certain person. imho that person promised the earth, and built up everyone's expectations of the fans, and they were buzzing, and rightly so.. Then came the fall out. Fans where miffed and everyone was blaming Buster for that , as you know i do speak to people, and  i beg to differ,  i'm not getting into all that again you'll be pleased to know ;).. Buster has been getting stick almost every day since NP did 100 yds in the first meeting of the season. But hasn't had the money promised it seems. We all know he was left with a tough job when Alex went. The team was over budget with poor crowds. Then CJ jacked as well. Since then i think he has had unfair stick on here almost every day,  which i think it's undeserved. Your team has improved dramatically since CJ left btw. I think i have seen  just one person on here give him a tiny bit of credit for that. I have given Buster plenty stick for his Lynn teams over the years, make no mistake about that. He is far from perfect. I have said that he should be more transparent several times this season, and that i think the Laguta thing might have something to do with both parties.

Regarding the closure..

I don't know if Buster has done anything to try and keep PB running beyond this season, if i'm honest. And i have never said that he is.. I understand he was made an offer, but it wasn't enough. Regarding Ged's full price offer, i don't know. But the post was soon taken down, and he hasn't come out backing that post up since.. People are talking brown envelopes now :blink:. Is Buster not bothering because he will be better off? I don't know, is the truth. Can i understand fans are angry that he dosen't "appear" to be trying, of course i can.

It's took me over an hour to try to explain myself. Probably i will get shot down, but hey ho.

Awesome stuff from Mick Bratley i might add.

Edited by Bald Bloke

51 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

That's fine:)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

Because AEPG and PCC have to provide that venue whether it be the showground or elsewhere as part of the local plan IP30 and IP36 

32 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Who wants to seen an individual as a farewell meeting?  If it is to close then I want to see my Peterborough team and a final match against Kings Lynn seems a fitting finale.  Stuff the individual, not interested.  

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1