British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

35 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Genuine question for Panthers fans living in (close proximity) to Peterborough. In the worst case scenario, meaning no PP anymore, who would you be more inclined to go watch: 

A. King's Lynn Stars

B. Leicester Lions

Sooner drive past and go to either Mildenhall or Ipswich, never will step foot into KL again while chapman still owns the club, may even try Leicester or Scunthorpe.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Genuine question for Panthers fans living in (close proximity) to Peterborough. In the worst case scenario, meaning no PP anymore, who would you be more inclined to go watch: 

A. King's Lynn Stars

B. Leicester Lions

Neither, will be saving my money for trips to the continent most likely. 

I think Buster is probably thinking a lot of Panthers fans will migrate down the A47 but I can’t see that happening.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What about option C. Neither 

For the purpose of my question there is no option C. ;)

31 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Neither, will be saving my money for trips to the continent most likely. 

I think Buster is probably thinking a lot of Panthers fans will migrate down the A47 but I can’t see that happening.

The few on here are only a small fraction of the fans attending the Showground. If Lynn sign a few  of the Panthers best riders, i can see a 2/300 out of the 1200/1400 or so making the trip over, if Lynn have a competitive team.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The few on here are only a small fraction of the fans attending the Showground. If Lynn sign a few  of the Panthers best riders, i can see a 2/300 out of the 1200/1400 or so making the trip over, if Lynn have a competitive team.

If you still can’t form a strong team when the owner owns both clubs and one of them is folding then something is seriously wrong, a fair bit of pressure on Kings Lynn this winter to get it right.

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

A. King's Lynn Stars

B. Leicester Lions

Scunny for me, wont be giving Buster another penny after this season

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

If you still can’t form a strong team when the owner owns both clubs and one of them is folding then something is seriously wrong, a fair bit of pressure on Kings Lynn this winter to get it right.

I agree. It could be a S*it or bust season. Whoever ends up promoting the side, must get this one right. 

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think that this would upset some Panthers fans and they wouldn't enjoy watching their Panthers favourites riding in Kings Lynn colours.

I can remember when Lynn closed for one season in 1996, we had grand plans to go to either the EoES or the Foxhole most weeks.....ended up doing both just once plus the Overseas Final at Coventry. It's not the same as your own club and the reality is most P'boro fans will drift away if they don't run next year.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

A. King's Lynn Stars

B. Leicester Lions

Definitely not Kings Lynn.

Maybe take in some meetings at Leicester. 

If Mildenhall went up to the championship I would be interested in going there. I have been to a few NDL meetings there and it wasn't great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I can remember when Lynn closed for one season in 1996, we had grand plans to go to either the EoES or the Foxhole most weeks.....ended up doing both just once plus the Overseas Final at Coventry. It's not the same as your own club and the reality is most P'boro fans will drift away if they don't run next year.

I found it was never the same after Reading closed. I put it down to not caring who won, it takes all the passion out of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pitch said:

I think that this would upset some Panthers fans and they wouldn't enjoy watching their Panthers favourites riding in Kings Lynn colours.

No doubt it would. And i would totally understand that. Lets hope all the fuss being kicked up, does give you another season. If not, then hope they will have to supply you with another site etc. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You could be right, but I haven't spoken to any Panthers fan that is interested in going to Lynn. Think the combination of Buster appearing to give up on Panthers, & the quality of racing at Lynn declining will deter a lot of Panthers fans. Personally, I won't be giving Buster any money.

• Like 2

The best racing you get at Lynn these days is on 4 wheels,

You get around 3hrs entertainment not 15mins , has passing and action on most bends of most laps

A different winner in most races, the meeting runs even if its sunny or a bit wet although this does take away some of the entertainment on the clay surface and all for around the same money as the 2 wheel bikes ,