British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

If I am correct we have not won a fixture home or away since beating Kings Lynn at home on July the 4th last year…14 fixtures…no wins 

Was thinking the other day whats the record number of matches lost in a row by any team in any league , but would the super heat matches still count as loses in this case as technically the actual match finished as a draw before the super heat was lost .

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If i was MT id agree to stump up the extra in return for the club ownership 

Then you'll be without a No1 all season

55 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

Im a little confused, talk of needing a cash sum to sign a number 1, surely there was a big stash of cash readily available for Nicki Pedersen as he would not have come cheap !!

Zagar is more expensive. I think the £3.5k that NP was reported to be on took the budget to the limit. Zagar then verbally agreed a deal, but came back wanting another £100 a point so it was reported. It don’t seem a lot but that would be around an extra £2000 out of the home crowds takings. Allowing for still having to pay the riders for their away meetings.

Edited by Bald Bloke

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Zagar is more expensive. I think the £3.5k that NP was reported to be on took the budget to the limit. Zagar then verbally agreed a deal, but came back wanting another £100 a point so it was reported. It don’t seem a lot but that would be around an extra £2000 out of the home crowds takings. Allowing for still having to pay the riders for their away meetings.

Surely you then tell Matej to do one and move on... surely his lower average than Nikki means he cant warrant paying more money... The issue is riders know Peterborough are desperate and will try to use that to hold them to ransom... would Matej Zagar seriously be a proper number one and be the answer, i cant imagine he would in my opinion, when previously rode in the UK he normally riders out of the number one spot !! 

Edited by psycho3a

Just now, psycho3a said:

Surely you then tell Matej to do one and move on... surely his lower average than Nikki means he cant warrant paying more money... The issue is riders know Peterborough are desperate and will try to use that to hold them to ransom... would Matej Zagar seriously be a proper number one and be the answer, i cant imagine he would in my opinion, when previously rode in the UK he normally riders out of the number one spot !!

That’s why Buster is getting stick on here, because I think he did, and the fans wasn’t happy. 

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

That’s why Buster is getting stick on here, because I think he did, and the fans wasn’t happy. 

Just looked in 2022 Zagar finished on a 7.20 average which placed him 11th in the list of riders in 2022 in the premiership !!

I actually agree that Buster is right to stick to his guns and principles, Matej Zagar is also too unreliable and unpredictable (In My Opinion)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Then you'll be without a No1 all season

They will as it stands anyway , 

43 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If i was MT id agree to stump up the extra in return for the club ownership 

I don’t think a hundred pound a point extra for Zagar would buy the club. I think that would pee Buster off..

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hes correct to tell Zagar to do one , if you give Zagar what he wants he will just take the mickey with his performances knowing he's on a guarantee 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don’t think a hundred pound a point extra for Zagar would buy the club. I think that would pee Buster off..

He doesn't even get us the best available guests. Every guest this season has been riding number 4 for their team 

Zagar isn't a number 1 so doesn't deserve number 1 money I don't actually disagree with Buster on this, however desperate times call for desperate measures and it's going to cost to save our season 

Douglas tomorrow night and 

"The club can also confirm that for their Bank Holiday Monday trip to Wolverhampton, Chris Harris will again stand in for Pedersen at No.1, and they have also booked former Wolves rider Nick Morris to guest at No.5 as Niels-Kristian Iversen misses the meeting at Monmore due to his own SEC qualifier."

Edited by Panther1997

I've already made the collective decision that until a competitive team is built, I will be travelling the extra miles to Foxhall to watch Doyle and Emil.

Harris and Morris on Monday are the best guests we could've booked when it comes to riders who go well around Monmore so I'll give credit to Buster for that.

Still need to get a couple of permanent signings in though.

Omg,,, a Panthers past meeting popped up on my you tube earlier,,,, it was good Friday 22 4 11,,   v Coventry,,,, it was absolutely brilliant,,,, it reminded me just how good the showground track used to be before it got bustered.   If you don't remember it or wasn't around to see it back then,,, I urge you to check it out,,, absolutely brilliant meeting. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 4