British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Aces Play off Semi Final 1st leg 29/9/22

31 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think that was pretty obvious.

Clearly not.

31 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Should be. Rider replacement is riding really well lately and it looks like it’s him that will be guesting ;)

Hope not, it wont work in the play offs.

Basso as the only realistic possible guest for BV was never going to take the booking or should i say Glasgow wouldn't want him to as they have important fixtures of there own this week , also i dont recall Basso guesting for anyone in either league since he started riding in the Uk so maybe hes not that interested in being a guest ,  with Harris average to high and the rest of the Panthers riders not really an option , Andersen can still ride Foxhall well on his day but he would be a big risk that BV wont take , so it looks like RR is BVs only option for Thursday , RR worked for Peterborough last year with having there #1 out injured .

Edited by scoobydoo

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Basso as the only realistic possible guest for BV was never going to take the booking or should i say Glasgow wouldn't want him to as they have important fixtures of there own this week , also i dont recall Basso guesting for anyone in either league since he started riding in the Uk so maybe hes not that interested in being a guest ,  with Harris average to high and the rest of the Panthers riders not really an option , Andersen can still ride Foxhall well on his day but he would be a big risk that BV wont take , so it looks like RR is BVs only option for Thursday , RR worked for Peterborough last year with having there #1 out injured .

You forgotten about Craig Cook, not saying it is him but he is an option. 

10 minutes ago, Rob B said:

You forgotten about Craig Cook, not saying it is him but he is an option. 

True he could guest ,  but would Glasgow let him also 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Not the same ostergaard started at reserve and got to number 1, the injury helped Boro as he wouldn't of kept that up all season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

True he could guest ,  but would Glasgow let him also 

It's up to the rider, clubs have no say.

1 minute ago, SUPERACE said:

Not the same ostergaard started at reserve and got to number 1, the injury helped Boro as he wouldn't of kept that up all season.

Maybe he would , maybe he wouldn't  no one will ever know now will they .

11 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

It's up to the rider, clubs have no say.

This stage of the season and whats at risk ,  think they would have a word in his ear 

Offer a couple of hundred pounds a point and plenty of takers I am sure..

Can the Aces swap the riding order and put the 2nd in the averages at No1 and put any guest or RR in another riding number? 

Basso as the only realistic possible guest for BV was never going to take the booking or should i say Glasgow wouldn't want him to as they have important fixtures of there own this week , also i dont recall Basso guesting for anyone in either league since he started riding in the Uk so maybe hes not that interested in being a guest

Basso flies in and out so maybe too expensive to use as a guest? Anyway, he’s riding in Toruń on Friday so maybe not willing to risk that for a guest booking (I know Tom’s in the same meeting but he’s riding as a team member of BV at Ipswich rather than as a guest).

Unless there are big rule changes across Europe next year, I doubt Basso will be able/willing to ride CL next year so he’s unlikely to be dictated to by Glasgow (might not stop them trying though!)

20 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Offer a couple of hundred pounds a point and plenty of takers I am sure..

Can the Aces swap the riding order and put the 2nd in the averages at No1 and put any guest or RR in another riding number? 

No as Fricke is top of the averages and has to be at number 1 then guest or R/R has to be at 1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe he would , maybe he wouldn't  no one will ever know now will they .

True but he wasn't a genuine number 1 like Fricke.  Boro were delighted to go R/R made them much stronger.

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

So Wolves vs Sheffield being postponed could strengthen Belle Vue for their clash against Ipswich - astonishing how things can work out in speedway!

8 hours ago, ouch said:

Astonishing that someone thinks replacing Max with Klindt or Pickering makes us stronger. 

I'm sayinh Klint or Pickering becoming available to guest rather than Basso or Nicholls guesting is what would strengthen Belle Vue. Fricke didn't come into my equation as the postponed match didn't make a difference to his availability!

Edited by szkocjasid

7 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

To be fair I think he means that our options have strengthened. 

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think that was pretty obvious.

Yes, you understood what I meant