British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Aces Play off Semi Final 1st leg 29/9/22

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Getting past Sheffield is a massive problem.

It could go either way, which ever team gets their act together at home will win the tie. Wolves are capable of getting a big win at home if we get the track set up right (weather permitting)

58 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

It could go either way, which ever team gets their act together at home will win the tie. Wolves are capable of getting a big win at home if we get the track set up right (weather permitting)

I am sorry but i don't see that, Sheffield do have one or two riders that are not that keen on your track but even Jack Holder wasn't too bad last time, I seem to remember his brother Chris hated it. Over the two legs I think Sheffield will be too strong.

13 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Please please please read what you’ve just quoted in your last post, it was copied and pasted from the official regulations.

incase you’re struggling it’s the 11th word, starts in s and ends in n. I do wish people would read them before quoting on this forum.

I can give you a link for spec savers if you’re still struggling.

n case you don’t believe me here’s the link for the 2022 regulations.

read them with a huge dose of humble pie.

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations

Your rule 

“no transfers until 25% of the season is completed”

The actual rule

A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.

3 hours ago, ouch said:

Your rule 

The actual rule

A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.

Yes that’s the same thing, not sure what your point is

13 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Got a feeling wolves will be only team to deny Belle Vue the win if get past Sheffield.

Weirdly I’d feel more comfortable against wolves. But whatever happens in the semis. A final starts again. Anything can happen and the team with the most luck will win 

3 hours ago, ouch said:

Your rule 

The actual rule

But how long or short a time is a long term injury? And is that long term for the rider or team? As Fricke could be unable to ride for 8 weeks for example,, but his team have a possible 4 meetings in say two weeks,,, 2 weeks not being a long time

20 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Yes that’s the same thing, not sure what your point is

It’s not the same thing at all. 

Glues.  

1.Definite article

2.Caplitals

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

But how long or short a time is a long term injury? And is that long term for the rider or team? As Fricke could be unable to ride for 8 weeks for example,, but his team have a possible 4 meetings in say two weeks,,, 2 weeks not being a long time

Rightly or wrongly the long term injury rule only applies up to 28th August after which a rider returning from injury is the only change allowed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ouch said:

It’s not the same thing at all. 

Glues.  

1.Definite article

2.Caplitals

You’re totally missing the point, team declarations must be completed prior to the start of the SEASON. After which a transfer window opens once 25% of league fixtures are completed. The Allen Zagar change shouldn’t have been allowed at that time

7 hours ago, ouch said:

Your rule 

The actual rule

And the long term injury line is in the same section as the window and only applies within the window......(rightly or wrongly that's how it is)

Belle Vue fans are making themselves look totally foolish making such a meal out of this

• Like 3

Personally I don't see a problem with signing Lambert at number 1,,,but not sure Simon is up to it. 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, ouch said:

Your rule 

The actual rule

If you look on the BSPA site under Premiership you will find the league cup and pairs come under the Premiership title.Therefore anything in which involves the top teams in those competitions are classed as premiership.So the rule clearly states any transfers for the Premiership can only come in between 25%-75% of league fixtures.I don't know what is hard to understand really.They made it quite simple imo.

• Like 1

Unless a miracle occurs the Witches are out so is anything other than the state of the Aces team in the final relevant. In this easte of time meeting Doyle can go for it in terms of points money but the rest of the side are hangers on who will pick up whatever morsels are available and so we all hope next season will be better but the top table in charge of the sport will maintain the status quo and another year of sh.t. will ensue. It needs a radical change with weekly meetings and play offs in late August or early September but all on here recognise this. It is just the twats that run the sport who cannot see the wood for the trees. Even the riders are getting p.. off with the intermittent meetings but no one in authority is listening. The sport needs a radicle change but as long as you have the clowns in charge nothing will change apart from another season of fewer punters crossing the stadia threshold and the guys on the track who deserve the support are racing in front of fewer and fewer fans. A heart felt message to BSPL, piss or get off the pot.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Unless a miracle occurs the Witches are out so is anything other than the state of the Aces team in the final relevant. In this easte of time meeting Doyle can go for it in terms of points money but the rest of the side are hangers on who will pick up whatever morsels are available and so we all hope next season will be better but the top table in charge of the sport will maintain the status quo and another year of sh.t. will ensue. It needs a radical change with weekly meetings and play offs in late August or early September but all on here recognise this. It is just the twats that run the sport who cannot see the wood for the trees. Even the riders are getting p.. off with the intermittent meetings but no one in authority is listening. The sport needs a radicle change but as long as you have the clowns in charge nothing will change apart from another season of fewer punters crossing the stadia threshold and the guys on the track who deserve the support are racing in front of fewer and fewer fans. A heart felt message to BSPL, piss or get off the pot.

The Month of March for Testimonials, Challenges, and Individual Meetings like the PCMM.. - Gives riders a chance to prepare for the club racing ahead...

01 April to 31 August - The Leagues

September - The League Cups

October - The British Championships, League Riders Championships. Pairs events...

Cannot be good to expect fans or riders financially to cram in so many meetings at the end of a season...

Fans, particularly of successful teams, as they fork out for several meetings home and away for their team in one months salary, (this must hit the potential away followings especially), and surely better to have Leagues and Cups decided in better weather to attract more people?

And riders, as currently one injury that means just a week out, can take out a lot of rides and earning potential after several weeks of inactivity. And also the stress on man and  machinery of racing so much so frequently. Forking out money in the last weeks of the season for instant repairs won't be too popular I would suggest...

Still. As it ain't broken, it doesnt need fixing does it....:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv

On 10/3/2022 at 3:32 AM, mikebv said:

The Month of March for Testimonials, Challenges, and Individual Meetings like the PCMM.. - Gives riders a chance to prepare for the club racing ahead...

01 April to 31 August - The Leagues

September - The League Cups

October - The British Championships, League Riders Championships. Pairs events...

Cannot be good to expect fans or riders financially to cram in so many meetings at the end of a season...

Fans, particularly of successful teams, as they fork out for several meetings home and away for their team in one months salary, (this must hit the potential away followings especially), and surely better to have Leagues and Cups decided in better weather to attract more people?

And riders, as currently one injury that means just a week out, can take out a lot of rides and earning potential after several weeks of inactivity. And also the stress on man and  machinery of racing so much so frequently. Forking out money in the last weeks of the season for instant repairs won't be too popular I would suggest...

Still. As it ain't broken, it doesnt need fixing does it....:rolleyes:

thats kinda how it used to be in the olden days of the 80s

finally got round to watching this on catchup - was away at the time feel the Witches threw this away a bit after a good start 9-3 after 2 heats they should have kicked on but didn't. Congrats to BV - I recall someone saying Zagar should be binned after the visit in the summer - well good job he wasnt!!

Edited by GeneralMelchett