British Speedway Forum
Garry1603

Belle Vue 2023

3 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

He did have it on mate.

Not on one photo I've seen ...... don't worry I'm clutching at straws lol

• Like 1

For the best interests of British Speedway, I'd be happy to see Lambert return to Kings Lynn.  Aces with : Bewley, Blodorn, Wright, Brennan, Fricke/Kurtz/Zagar, Lidsey & A N.Other will be fine.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 7:25 AM, PhilTheAce said:

I’d guess at 

Bewley (not going Oxford now)

kurtz

zagar

wright

brennan

blodorn

lidsey

id think that’s pretty much nailed on 

If the points limit is 46.00!  That septet comes to 45.92

Dan Bewley    8.92    2021 9.14 less 2.5%
Brady Kurtz    8.24    
Matej Zagar    7.20    
Charles Wright    6.26    2022 6.42 less 2.5%
Norick Blodorn    5.45    
Jaimon Lidsey    5.16    2019
Tom Brennan    4.69    2022 5.68 less 25%

2 hours ago, Col said:

If the points limit is 46.00!  That septet comes to 45.92

Dan Bewley    8.92    2021 9.14 less 2.5%
Brady Kurtz    8.24    
Matej Zagar    7.20    
Charles Wright    6.26    2022 6.42 less 2.5%
Norick Blodorn    5.45    
Jaimon Lidsey    5.16    2019
Tom Brennan    4.69    2022 5.68 less 25%

I would take that all day long 

I'm sure most fans would but it is unrealistic!  If Bewley can be persuaded to return I'm guessing it is one of Zagar & Kurtz.

47 minutes ago, Col said:

I'm sure most fans would but it is unrealistic!  If Bewley can be persuaded to return I'm guessing it is one of Zagar & Kurtz.

All three at Belle Vue 

For me, Belle Vue better off keeping Fricke and Kurtz, and if they have to, with points limit,  let Zagar go.

Fricke by far the better away rider, where this year Zagar has been a little disappointing.

Obviously with the possible changes to riders being available form Poland, there will be loads of speculation. I would hate see yet more guests or R/R next year when riders are missing because of Poland rules.

Fricke 8.55, Zagar 7.20 big difference in team building resources.

Edited by Col

Imo I think zagar has done his last season in the UK. I don't think bewley will be over here either neither will Lambert. Both have opportunities to become the world's best and their focus should be Poland and GPs. Given economic climate present and no doubt will get worse, I find it hard to believe they will come here to ride for what British club will be able to pay.

Kurtz, fricke, Wright, blodorn , Brennan have to be in the team next year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Imo I think zagar has done his last season in the UK. I don't think bewley will be over here either neither will Lambert. Both have opportunities to become the world's best and their focus should be Poland and GPs. Given economic climate present and no doubt will get worse, I find it hard to believe they will come here to ride for what British club will be able to pay.

Kurtz, fricke, Wright, blodorn , Brennan have to be in the team next year 

I am a little more optimistic about who might ride here next year.
I follow your logic, but given that Max Fricke surely has similar ambitions, why would you think he'll come back?

I fail to see how Fricke differs from Bewley & Lambert in terms of ambition. Fricke rode in UK this year because he was riding second tier in Poland.  Bewley & Lambert were restricted from doing so riding in Ekstraliga. All will likely be Ekstraliga riders next year but with the restrictions lifted can ride in the UK.

Personally I can't see Lambert returning to British league, but Bewley I can.  Lambert has seemed at odds with his parent club (Kings Lynn) for some time whereas Bewley seems still have affinity for the NSS & the Aces.   The fact he could be bothered to compete in the British final says allot.

Everything seems ominously quiet on the Fricke front - after a poor GP season perhaps he feels he's been too busy this year.  It may just because he's been injured that he's been relatively quiet.

Zagar seems keen to return.

18 minutes ago, Col said:

I fail to see how Fricke differs from Bewley & Lambert in terms of ambition. Fricke rode in UK this year because he was riding second tier in Poland.  Bewley & Lambert were restricted from doing so riding in Ekstraliga. All will likely be Ekstraliga riders next year but with the restrictions lifted can ride in the UK.

Personally I can't see Lambert returning to British league, but Bewley I can.  Lambert has seemed at odds with his parent club (Kings Lynn) for some time whereas Bewley seems still have affinity for the NSS & the Aces.   The fact he could be bothered to compete in the British final says allot.

Everything seems ominously quiet on the Fricke front - after a poor GP season perhaps he feels he's been too busy this year.  It may just because he's been injured that he's been relatively quiet.

You may be right, but as of this moment I see Dan rode in the British Championship to add something to his CV that was missing….. British Champion. Now got it.

2 hours ago, Col said:

Lambert and Bewley could have ridden in the UK instead of for Smederna if they'd wished to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Lambert and Bewley could have ridden in the UK instead of for Smederna if they'd wished to.

Bewley explained why he didn't race here .....

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

You may be right, but as of this moment I see Dan rode in the British Championship to add something to his CV that was missing….. British Champion. Now got it.

Maybe you're right, only Bewley knows for sure but time will tell.  I think he'll be back league racing in GB next year most likely as Belle Vue's #1.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Wasn't 2022 Bewley's first year in Elitserien? He certainly didn't ride in Sweden in 2021 as he was with Wroclaw & the Aces.