British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Wolves 

Peterborough

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Hume isn't rising. He often overrides, is injury prone and is unlikely improve dramatically.

Hume was one of only 3 "rising stars" to average over 4, has upped his Championship average in each of his last two seasons, if that's not "rising" I don't know what is?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, siggysigalos said:

Peterborough

Someone has to come in and replace Holder?????

• Like 2

8 hours ago, siggysigalos said:

Someone has to come in and replace Holder?????

Has Louis pinched another rider from under someone’s nose? Did it with Batch last year..

Edited by Steve Irving

2 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Has Louis pinched another rider from under someone nose? Did it with Batch last year..

Of which i for one will be eternally grateful .  :t:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Hume isn't rising. He often overrides, is injury prone and is unlikely improve dramatically.

Considering the likes of Josh Bates and Max Clegg have been considered rising stars in the not so distant past I can’t see any problems with Hume being one now. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheGuvnor said:

Considering the likes of Josh Bates and Max Clegg have been considered rising stars in the not so distant past I can’t see any problems with Hume being one now. 

Clegg is YOUNGER than Hume and no longer a rising star, so by your logic Hume can't be one either.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Clegg is YOUNGER than Hume and no longer a rising star, so by your logic Hume can't be one either.

Vastly more experienced though. There’s a reason they call it a rising star rather than implement an age limit. 

2 hours ago, TheGuvnor said:

Vastly more experienced though. There’s a reason they call it a rising star rather than implement an age limit. 

Clegg might have been riding for longer, but has never been given a proper opportunity in the Prem, so is hardly a rider of "vastly more" experience than Hume.

I would say that Clegg has much more potential than Hume.

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Clegg might have been riding for longer, but has never been given a proper opportunity in the Prem, so is hardly a rider of "vastly more" experience than Hume.

I would say that Clegg has much more potential than Hume.

Could not disagree more tbh

• Like 2

Their was some earlier rumours about Nick Morris joining Ipswich. 

With Schlein's return to British Speedway and rumours of R. Worrall being Leicester's No.4 that would free up N. Morris to look for a new club

So how about this team? I'm only using realistic riders though who are likely to sign or be available to sign.

1. Jason Doyle 10.32 (Signed already according to PGE Ekstraliga app)

2. Troy Batchelor 5.57 (Highly likely to sign considering he won the award for most BP's at Ipswich and the fact he normally does a good job when partnered with JD)

3. Danny King 6.40 (Never leaving the club imho)

4. Erik Riss 6.00 (A lock to return as a solid engine room rider on that average imo)

5. Nick Morris 6.48 (Was the early rumour a few weeks back)

6. Jake Allen 4.00 (Done a really good job the last time he rode for Ipswich)

7. RS

= 38.77

1 hour ago, TTT said:

With Schlein's return to British Speedway and rumours of R. Worrall being Leicester's No.4 that would free up N. Morris to look for a new club

So how about this team? I'm only using realistic riders though who are likely to sign or be available to sign.

2. Troy Batchelor 5.57 (Highly likely to sign considering he won the award for most BP's at Ipswich and the fact he normally does a good job when partnered with JD)

4. Erik Riss 6.00 (A lock to return as a solid engine room rider on that average imo)

7. RS

= 38.77

A realistic view 

I'd take Batch on his average if riding at no.2 with Doyle not riding at 3/4/5  

Not sure if Barker fits at no.6 but reckon that team is not far off

2 hours ago, TTT said:

7. RS

= 38.77

Don’t think that’ll be far wrong, think the idea of a new euro youngster on a 4 would be more exciting than Allen.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Don’t think that’ll be far wrong, think the idea of a new euro youngster on a 4 would be more exciting than Allen.

I'd personally go for Starke or Hume at 6 whoever has the lowest average 

Then once maybe doyle drops his average a little, and maybe one or two others replace no.6 with a stronger rider and redeclare 

Hardly any of these teams have improvement in them,,, Allen was pretty dire last time,,, although the time before he was okay,,, although no real improvement,,, Morris no improvement Batch,,, poss slight improvement,, poss slight loss,,, King will stay about same Riss,,, poss drop,,,,, it's hardly a great team in the scheme of things,,,the only realistic way of a bit of improvement is having Craig Cook at reserve,, and even then we would be hoping he doesn't have any issues through the season.  Or how about actually doing a decent bit of team building and get a new talent. Surely a rider from Finland or somewhere like that could be coaxed over with a decent offer. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1