British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Hardly any of these teams have improvement in them,,, Allen was pretty dire last time,,, although the time before he was okay,,, although no real improvement,,, Morris no improvement Batch,,, poss slight improvement,, poss slight loss,,, King will stay about same Riss,,, poss drop,,,,, it's hardly a great team in the scheme of things 

Think Morris has improvement on 6.48, he’s a better rider round Foxhall than monmore imo, but agree not super exciting, the correct 4pt young euro rider at 6 could make all the difference to how the team looks tho

that said I maintain to be successful come the business end of meetings and the season Doyle needs a proper number 5 to back him up at the top end

Edited by 89buttons
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Think Morris has improvement on 6.48, he’s a better rider round Foxhall than monmore imo, but agree not super exciting, the correct 4pt young euro rider at 6 could make all the difference to how the team looks tho

that said I maintain to be successful come the business end of meetings and the season Doyle needs a proper number 5 to back him up at the top end

Yes but he's dire away from home.

15 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Yes but he's dire away from home.

And because of this,, I can see the TM using Batch at 3 or 5,,,quite a bit,, which again has disaster written all over it.  Ellis hasn't been announced at Sheffield yet as far as I know,, and he is someone that would do a decent job at 5 at home. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Clegg might have been riding for longer, but has never been given a proper opportunity in the Prem, so is hardly a rider of "vastly more" experience than Hume.

I would say that Clegg has much more potential than Hume.

I didn’t say top flight experience. Clegg has done many more competitive laps at any level than Hume. 

Can’t agree that Clegg has more potential. 

Not sure many witched fans would like to see Danny sacrificed in order to bring in a 7+ rider at 5 such as a Holder for example, and those fans moan about not winning anything

27 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Not sure many witched fans would like to see Danny sacrificed in order to bring in a 7+ rider at 5 such as a Holder for example, and those fans moan about not winning anything

Disagree, don’t think many would bat an eyelid if King wasn’t in the team as long as the septet put together looked a potential title winning one. 

• Like 2

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Disagree, don’t think many would bat an eyelid if King wasn’t in the team as long as the septet put together looked a potential title winning one. 

I took my statement from facebook responses, but saying that they are the same who want to see Rory back on a 7+ after having a year out :blink: 

Hope Doyle and Louis have spoken to get Lidsey he was two places below Bewley in the averages in Poland last year and is on an average that is legally cheating 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I took my statement from facebook responses, but saying that they are the same who want to see Rory back on a 7+ after having a year out :blink: 

Hope Doyle and Louis have spoken to get Lidsey he was two places below Bewley in the averages in Poland last year and is on an average that is legally cheating 

There are a few on steals,,, Wozniak, Lidsey, Lebedevs, Woryna,,and prob a fair few more I can't think of off the top of my head

27 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I've seen those responses,, and some of those people live on a different planet. In fact,, I would say most are absolutely clueless about speedway and what makes a good or bad team. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I've seen those responses,, and some of those people live on a different planet. In fact,, I would say most are absolutely clueless about speedway and what makes a good or bad team. 

Harsh but true!

I can remember Louis speaking on radio Suffolk after the play off defeat and he accepted we’d done well (which we did to be fair) but also accepted there was a growing frustration amongst the fans that the wait for the title goes on. In his own words “ we HAVE to be winning it next year”. 

So let’s see whether he’s as clueless as some of those fans when he announces the team to pull it off :D

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Has there been any news on admission prices for next year?  I dare say another pound will be added.  

You will be lucky if they have just put £1 on the Admission prices.

At Sheffield they have put the Adult price up from £19 to £22.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, spin king said:

You will be lucky if they have just put £1 on the Admission prices.

At Sheffield they have put the Adult price up from £19 to £22.

Ours will almost certainly go up as well then I’d have thought as Leicester have just announced theirs at 21 quid. Might go down the season ticket route as for the first time in donkeys years, this years was decent value. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

The tipping point for me has always been a 20 quid note,,, but a 20 quid note and change,,, it's over my vfm point. 

• Like 3