British Speedway Forum

no Zagar and no Holder for Witches

The team year on year is built to a budget and the majority of that has gone on Jason Doyle as an out and out no.1 which is better than throwing the majority of the budget at Jason Crump a few seasons ago

I just wish there was a maximum average of 9.00, as well as there being a minimum average of 3.00 so it doesn't penalise the odd rider here or there that achieves such a high average as Doyley

18 hours ago, 89buttons said:

If neither Hume or mountain have a ride in top flight this season from the start then the rising star scheme has completely failed, two young English riders given an opportunity to gain experience in the top flight, take it and both do very well in 2021, now they’re told sorry lads, you did well but now you’re kicked to the kerb because you’re not allowed to ride at no.7 anymore.

how is that helping progress their careers in any way?

Saw both ride a few times last year and feel for them both, they did really well - Mountain had an exceptional end of season run of form! I hope they do have places somewhere, maybe come first set of averages changes or injuries they will be the first to get a place!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Mmmmm,, so are we waiting on picking up the dregs,,, and making it up as go along,,, or are they just waiting for visa and things like that

don't do this to yourself!!:rolleyes:

Looks like Worrall is a certainty, thats 6, but with no club for Batch (yet), who on earth is our 7th rider.

Zagar and Holder seemingly been totally ruled out on budget, i just cant see who it could be, unless Worrall isnt our 6th rider, and maybe Mountain is in side and Louis has plucked a rabbit from Poland......Or Latvia??? Again im sure Averages will rule that out, but there does seem to be a delay for a reason, and we all know Louis likes a last minute change??

54 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Looks like Worrall is a certainty, thats 6, but with no club for Batch (yet), who on earth is our 7th rider.

Zagar and Holder seemingly been totally ruled out on budget, i just cant see who it could be, unless Worrall isnt our 6th rider, and maybe Mountain is in side and Louis has plucked a rabbit from Poland......Or Latvia??? Again im sure Averages will rule that out, but there does seem to be a delay for a reason, and we all know Louis likes a last minute change??

Normally enforced change cos he can't count 

2 hours ago, siggysigalos said:

Make your mind up, one minute Holder has changed his mind, & is signing for the Witches, & the next he is ruled out on budget.

Not sure what I am anticipating, on one hand I think why on earth would they hold announcing unless it is rather good for Witches fans as steady as Worrall and other names mentioned are it hardly warrants the wait, maybe Covatti and a young Miskowiak? Ok ok I will keep it sensible Worrall and erm someone cheap yes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

Not sure what I am anticipating, on one hand I think why on earth would they hold announcing unless it is rather good for Witches fans as steady as Worrall and other names mentioned are it hardly warrants the wait, maybe Covatti and a young Miskowiak? Ok ok I will keep it sensible Worrall and erm someone cheap yes?

Well if its Covatti and Miskoviak,, that would leave us about over 3 points under limit,,, so it ain't that. Now Miskoviak and Vaculik would be a far better finish to the team

23 hours ago, Tom Thumb said:

Supporters Club AGM & quiz night.

Just paperwork to finalise before they can officially announce riders.

others items of note, NO transfers after 31st July, league matches done by end of August, draft fixtures done, more work on track banking, looking to run 16lapper but wont be in initial fixture list.

Don't think that's a good idea, if someone gets injured right at the end of July clubs will have to use guests for 2 / 3 months rather than signing a replacement.

Certainly think they had to tighten up on the transfer rules after Lambert's brief cameo for Belle Vue!

19 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

no Zagar and no Holder for Witches

The team year on year is built to a budget and the majority of that has gone on Jason Doyle as an out and out no.1 which is better than throwing the majority of the budget at Jason Crump a few seasons ago

I just wish there was a maximum average of 9.00, as well as there being a minimum average of 3.00 so it doesn't penalise the odd rider here or there that achieves such a high average as Doyley

The minimum average in theory prevents teams from using a complete no-hoper on a 0.5 average and only giving him three rides a meeting while building stronger with the other six.

Teams don’t need a leg up by being allowed to sign the best rider in the league on an average that’s been discounted by almost a point-and-a-half.

• Like 2

Miskowiak and another would be much better than Worrall and Batch. Even if they turn out to be a flop at least they've tried instead of going easy option

2 hours ago, blue witch said:

Miskowiak and another would be much better than Worrall and Batch. Even if they turn out to be a flop at least they've tried instead of going easy option

Maybe, sometimes its betteer the devil you know!! There will be some who would say (had they tried it and it failed) - oh you should have gone with Worrall and Batch - you can only please some people some of the time!!

anyway we are all still assuming and as the old saying goes!

Hold your hats - Marquee signing on the way....

(It will be put up just past the turnstiles and used for programme sales) :D:P

• Haha 1

Thanks for that.  Reminded me I still need to go out and buy the Christmas Crackers for the big day

• Like 1

If it was both of Worrall and Batchelor it would be done already. Both seemingly straightforward deals to do. If riders aren’t yet signed because paperwork hasn’t been completed but they’re “hoping to get it sorted before Christmas” which is still 9 days away, suggests to me at least one is more complicated and hints at a rider abroad. Could be wrong obviously, but that’s the way it sounds to me.