British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, blue witch said:

Could be they're dragging it out so it looks like they've actually tried to find a rider or 2 abroad

No.... surely not... whatever next?

Might say they asked Nicki P , Hampel, Emil, Artem, Tai and Bartosz but had no luck...

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

If it was both of Worrall and Batchelor it would be done already. Both seemingly straightforward deals to do. If riders aren’t yet signed because paperwork hasn’t been completed but they’re “hoping to get it sorted before Christmas” which is still 9 days away, suggests to me at least one is more complicated and hints at a rider abroad. Could be wrong obviously, but that’s the way it sounds to me. 

Worrall is a wanted man by both Peterborough and Ipswich with Andersen the back up for whoever loses out

Well if Ipswich lose out on Worrall to Panthers,, which is a possibility with less travel for him,,, then ipswich will be up poop Street,,,,,and will prob have to build way under limit again. 

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well if Ipswich lose out on Worrall to Panthers,, which is a possibility with less travel for him,,, then ipswich will be up poop Street,,,,,and will prob have to build way under limit again. 

You'd be alright as long as Guy can help fund a big move (Zagar or Emil)

5 minutes ago, TTT said:

You'd be alright as long as Guy can help fund a big move (Zagar or Emil)

Well Zagar ain't worth a monkeys on any track apart from one in Manchester,,, so would be a waste,,, and as for someone like Emil,,, I've got more chance of getting kiss off the queen

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well Zagar ain't worth a monkeys on any track apart from one in Manchester,,, so would be a waste,,, and as for someone like Emil,,, I've got more chance of getting kiss off the queen

For what it's worth I think you'll end up getting Richie anyway tbh.

But yeah I do agree with your reply on Zagar tbh. I don't think Emil is likely but PTA said a few of his sources think he's nailed on for Ipswich so I wouldn't rule Emil entirely out yet even though it's a massive long shot. 

i'd rule out any type of big hitter at no.5 it will be King at 5, Tru7 are not going to cover the costs of another rider at Ipswich next season, that would be a significant increase in sponsorship and that is not happening, and Chris Louis will not gamble the future of the club either   

Even tho people are saying he isn't there at present Batch @2 and Worrall @3/4 is the best option out there unless someone can come up with something else that's realistic to replace Batch

13 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

i'd rule out any type of big hitter at no.5 it will be King at 5, Tru7 are not going to cover the costs of another rider at Ipswich next season, that would be a significant increase in sponsorship and that is not happening, and Chris Louis will not gamble the future of the club either   

Even tho people are saying he isn't there at present Batch @2 and Worrall @3/4 is the best option out there unless someone can come up with something else that's realistic to replace Batch

Hans Andersen?

He rides Foxhall very well.

Best deal for all parties would be this.

R. Worrall to Ipswich and then a trade between the two clubs which sees Hans Andersen head to Ipswich in exchange for Troy Batchelor.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

For what it's worth I think you'll end up getting Richie anyway tbh.

But yeah I do agree with your reply on Zagar tbh. I don't think Emil is likely but PTA said a few of his sources think he's nailed on for Ipswich so I wouldn't rule Emil entirely out yet even though it's a massive long shot. 

If we are in a battle for Worrall,,, then we arnt after a big hitter,,, the maths says so

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Best deal for all parties would be this.

R. Worrall to Ipswich and then a trade between the two clubs which sees Hans Andersen head to Ipswich in exchange for Troy Batchelor.

That will be quite a bit under the limit again wouldn't it?

1. Jason Doyle 10.32

2. Hans Andersen 4.93

3. Erik Riss 6.00

4. Richie Worrall 6.15 (6.31)

5. Danny King 6.41 (6.57)

6. Keynan Rew 4.00

7. Jack Thomas (RS) 

Ave: 37.81

Remaining: 1.19

Hans scored 11+1,  7+1 on two visits last season and had a retirement each time

Richie scored 11,  10+1 from reserve then 8+1 from riding at no.3

I can maybe see the logic of Richie who is reasonably solid, and Hans who rides Foxhall well as the BP is going to be key this season and based on whats just gone there won't be many BP's based on home form but still need King, Riss to be more consistent at home

Apart from Batch for Andersen I can't see the team being anything different to that now

• Like 1

It does make me laugh that so many say Ipswich can't afford to sign a 2nd big name to back up Doyle yet you see the same predicting Peterborough will name a big no1 backed up by NKI Holder and Basso....:rolleyes:

• Like 2