British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Bash said:

Joe Thompson just been released by Scunthorpe due to numbers game

Not good for the lad, hope he gets fixed up somewhere else quickly, even less time on the bike isn’t going to help him one bit. 

sadly I feel he’s a mile off premiership level just yet, realistically we should be looking to strengthen the rs position too, maybe if an option keeping joe as no.8, take him along for some meetings especially while still running r/r

Edited by 89buttons

Maybe he is in the team because they really cant get anyone else,,, who's to say we haven't asked Kemp for example,, and he's said no thanks. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 4:24 PM, 89buttons said:

Not good for the lad, hope he gets fixed up somewhere else quickly, even less time on the bike isn’t going to help him one bit. 

sadly I feel he’s a mile off premiership level just yet, realistically we should be looking to strengthen the rs position too, maybe if an option keeping joe as no.8, take him along for some meetings especially while still running r/r

I completely agree and hopefully they keep him in some capacity.

I think Anders is the best option, will likely say yes as is already racing for Poole and looked a consistent reserve when guesting for Belle Vue.

Drew Kemp is obviously good and has been doing well in Poland but he might/already has said no. 

Connor Bailey is possible and has had some improved championship performances recently but doesn't have the talent of the other 2 yet.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 5:40 PM, Baldyman said:

Maybe he is in the team because they really cant get anyone else,,, who's to say we haven't asked Kemp for example,, and he's said no thanks. 

Could well be the case, seems strange on Drew’s part tho to turn down a team place if so. Surely at his stage of career you want/need to be on the bike as much as possible

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Could well be the case, seems strange on Drew’s part tho to turn down a team place if so. Surely at his stage of career you want/need to be on the bike as much as possible

Maybe if the original job offer to Kemp had not been withdrawn, he may have come to the rescue, rather than concentrating solely on Poland!!

As for Anders, he is still not 100% recovered from his shoulder/collar bone injury - Only took 3 rides for Poole on Wednesday as it was giving him some grief.

Not sure he would be upto Premiership racing at the moment, but who can tell - we know what riders are like!!!!

Edited by Skidder1

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Depends if it would cover his costs I suppose,,, isn't RS  a set amount of money.  Maybe holding out for a proper team place somewhere where he can negotiate money 

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe if the original job offer to Kemp had not been withdrawn, he may have come to the rescue, rather than concentrating solely on Poland!!

As for Anders, he is still not 100% recovered from his shoulder/collar bone injury - Only took 3 rides for Poole on Wednesday as it was giving him some grief.

Not sure he would be upto Premiership racing at the moment, but who can tell - we know what riders are like!!!!

I believe he turned you down to replace the injured jack Thomas too. 

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Hardly, with his higher average!!

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Averages are irrelevant, Rowe is still listed as a Rising Star.

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

With discounts I think he was a fraction under

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Averages are irrelevant, Rowe is still listed as a Rising Star.

I think the 'star' may have tarnished a little!!!!

21 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I find this unlikely the Polish 3rd division is probably just above championship quality (top riders being Kildemand, Thorsell and Douglas) so he'd want to ride in the premiership as its a better quality. I can understand why he'd reject a championship side if it wasn't the right amount of money.

Drew scored 9 yesterday and 9+1 a couple of weeks ago in Poland. Average is 6.8 ish, he will be better than Joe me thinks.

On 5/7/2023 at 2:46 PM, Racin Jason 72 said:

If Kemp turned down a team spot, he was very foolish imo. There's not enough clubs in the Premiership to pick & choose from, if he had the chance, should've taken it.

35 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If Kemp turned down a team spot, he was very foolish imo. There's not enough clubs in the Premiership to pick & choose from, if he had the chance, should've taken it.

Unless it was the club that withdrew the offer!!?;)

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I seem to recall reading a pre season interview where he said no one had come it for him citing average issues - I may have mis remembered but fairly certain in that 

Edited by GeneralMelchett