British Speedway Forum

38 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Sensible decision imo. I do like Ben...

But there's no riders around......

• Like 2

The best of any realistic options

For any faults he has (and you can't hide the fact there are some, and not insignificant either, in his past) Ben is a hugely likeable character with fans and a good team member

Will take some pressure off down the order

• Like 3

Well done again getting Barker in a good signing 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gavan said:

Well done again getting Barker in a good signing 

Nicholls turned them down?

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I'd be very surprised if he was even asked 

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Nicholls committed to Eurosport, regular coverage starting Monday, hence not doing premiership this year 

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'd be very surprised if he was even asked 

You never know, Tungate came back for a spell last year so bridges can be built

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Nicholls committed to Eurosport, regular coverage starting Monday, hence not doing premiership this year 

You never know, Tungate came back for a spell last year so bridges can be built

I'd forgotten about Eurosport - even so, it would have made quite a story for them if Nicholls had answered a 28 day SOS. It's not as if the Witches are riding every Monday ...

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I'd forgotten about Eurosport - even so, it would have made quite a story for them if Nicholls had answered a 28 day SOS. It's not as if the Witches are riding every Monday ...

I'm sure it was stated b4 on the Wolves thread that Nicholls wouldn't/couldn't commit to a 28 day deal coz it would clash with his Eurosport duties and i think it also said when he picks up guest bookings it doesn't impact his average so it's stays at a appealing low 5ish whereas if he signed a 28 day contract his scores would impact on his average, he's certainly a bargain on that average around Wolves if you look at what he's scored for them whilst guesting for Becker.

On 5/17/2023 at 7:08 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The best of any realistic options

For any faults he has (and you can't hide the fact there are some, and not insignificant either, in his past) Ben is a hugely likeable character with fans and a good team member

Will take some pressure off down the order

Not unhappy with this either - the other thing is like King he is always trying if not in a scoring position, or if he is  trying to get a better position - he wont just  give up

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

I think it’s pretty common knowledge that Scott not being asked runs much deeper than his tv commitments 

• Like 2

How much longer are the Witches going be a 6 man team! We won't win anything with the worst RS in the league, surely there must be a better option ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I don't think they will change the RS

Well they might have to if they want to win something it’s as simple as that. They’ve been unlucky in the sense that Thomas would have been one of the better rising stars and it was a big blow to lose him, but the choice after that was a strange one. I get that they were reluctant to use a couple of obvious choices and wanted to move away from those and go down a different path, but doing that could end up costing us. Three or four points here and there instead of zero’s and one’s makes a difference. We know we’re one of the weaker side down at reserve because of the way they chose to build this year, but picking one of if not THE weakest rising stars has compounded the issue. 

Just get on the blower and offer your own asset (Kemp) the rising star spot. I don’t buy the theory that he wouldn’t be interested one bit. Who cares if he’s not a “team player” of gets down on himself, so what? Big deal. He’ll score valuable points down there no doubt about it. 

3 hours ago, 2ndbend said:

How much longer are the Witches going be a 6 man team! We won't win anything with the worst RS in the league, surely there must be a better option ???

While Joe T is a promising rider, he's still a Championship number 7. If there's Champ standard second strings available (which there are) I can't understand going for a weaker option, ditto Mulford at Belle Vue.