British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Watching the SGP2 last night , CL mentioned he didn't know half the riders ....

Why?

But yeah Bailey would be ideal,  also thought Albitt did well 

I still think Kemp will be a bit better than Bailey in the long run as he's been scoring well in Poland. However, Ipswich seem to be reluctant to sign Kemp for whatever reason so Bailey makes sense.

I feel Ablitt will be the same situation as Joe, not ready for the premiership yet.

Road racers have opps for arm pump all the time,,, maybe Danyon needs help with the financial side with that. Recovery time is quick as well 

4 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

I'm surprised that CL didn't know half the riders, that's a worry in itself, if CL doesn't know half the riders, then RH is going to know even less than half of that half lol

Anders Rowe is what the Witches need at 7 I think with the likes of Doyle, Emil in the side it will bring him on leaps and bounds and IF he gets anywhere near showing his TRUPotential :D then he has shown in the past he can score points in the main body, so having him at 7 would be the best option but that's only in my opinion

I'd change the RS first, have a meeting or two then if things are still iffy and Riss is nowhere near back within the 28 day period that Barker has come in to cover, I would have to take a look at a permanent signing, I think I am right but maybe wrong if that change had to happen now and Witches had to redeclare and be under 39 points then currently the side is 38.30 and Barker is 4.38, so gives Witches a total of 5.08 to play with to replace Riss as you can't replace Riss on a 6.14 as you'd be over the limit

5.08 riders....

Hans Andersen 4.96
Ben Barker 4.38
Cameron Heeps 4.18
Paul Starke 3.53
Craig Cook 5.05
Connor Mountain 4.51
Foreign Rider on a 5.00 which is unlikely

For me  Doyle, Rew, Emil, Riss, King, Hume, Rowe is best
or           Doyle, Rew, Emil, Cook, King, Hume, Rowe

I know Danyon has done incredibly well at times this season but if he has these arm pump issues and can't do 5/6/7 rides then maybe there will come a time when they may look at that, in that last side you could have Cook & Barker in with Riss & Hume out

None of Andersen,Cook,Heeps or Starke is inspiring. I’d rather keep Riss or Barker

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

None of Andersen,Cook,Heeps or Starke is inspiring. I’d rather keep Riss or Barker

Yep I'd take Riss back fit and have Rowe as RS think that side will be capable when it counts 

Its very poor CL not knowing these new stars of the future,,,, he should be all over that. Maybe that explains why we often regurgitate the same old riders 

• Like 1

I really don't care what we do.... just do something.... doing nothing isn't the answer.

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Road racers have opps for arm pump all the time,,, maybe Danyon needs help with the financial side with that. Recovery time is quick as well 

Danyon only suffers with it at Foxhall,  he was telling us on Thursday. Also spoke to Erik as he was in attendance,  apparently his doctors hope this time all should be good but tbh he didn't seem convinced :unsure:,  but he'll be in attendance at televised meeting Monday week so hopefully he will be more positive and we'll know how long before he's back. Apparently flying doesn't affect whatever caused the pressure in the first instance.

If Barker doesn't work out and Riss isn't able to recover quickly, is Knudsen a possibility from Berwick? Average is around 6 (not official yet) but he has had a few good results in the BSN series. I'm guessing CL wouldn't know who he is anyways! 

14 hours ago, Badge said:

Danyon only suffers with it at Foxhall,  he was telling us on Thursday. Also spoke to Erik as he was in attendance,  apparently his doctors hope this time all should be good but tbh he didn't seem convinced :unsure:,  but he'll be in attendance at televised meeting Monday week so hopefully he will be more positive and we'll know how long before he's back. Apparently flying doesn't affect whatever caused the pressure in the first instance.

Only at Foxhall is a strange one,,, he must have to hold on tighter for some reason

14 hours ago, Arthur73 said:

If Barker doesn't work out and Riss isn't able to recover quickly, is Knudsen a possibility from Berwick? Average is around 6 (not official yet) but he has had a few good results in the BSN series. I'm guessing CL wouldn't know who he is anyways! 

He might know Tommy Knudsen...lol...great danish rider...

23 hours ago, Arthur73 said:

I think that would make Ipswich far weaker, Knudsen is averaging about 2 points less than Barker in the Champ!

• Like 3

Interesting interview with Chris Louis on Radio Suffolk just now… he didn’t rule out team changes, so I guess time will tell…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Interesting interview with Chris Louis on Radio Suffolk just now… he didn’t rule out team changes, so I guess time will tell…

Something will be tried. Hamstrung a bit because of averages and options so whether we end up better off remains to be seen, but I’m pretty confident something will be attempted. Tungate wasn’t exactly a roaring success when he came in late last year, but he had his moments and his average isn’t too prohibitive. Wonder whether we’ll delay his move to Peterborough whilst we weigh up our own options..

47 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Something will be tried. Hamstrung a bit because of averages and options so whether we end up better off remains to be seen, but I’m pretty confident something will be attempted. Tungate wasn’t exactly a roaring success when he came in late last year, but he had his moments and his average isn’t too prohibitive. Wonder whether we’ll delay his move to Peterborough whilst we weigh up our own options..

Can’t see Tungate being the answer, I’m kind of hoping worrall will be out at pboro and we can draft him in for barker if Erik isn’t fit by the end of the 28 days, Joe needs upgrading at 7 and unlikely but we need an upgrade on king. Difficulty with that is it’ll mean looking to the continent and I’m not sure if the right riders are keen to come or if they are keen/willing affordable - average wise either pawlicki could come in as a straight swap for king i believe as an example but would probably be far too expensive